Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,328 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

kaji wrote: »
    It's an awful ad. She immediately blames her husband/partner by shouting "Where is she?" but the funny/stupid part is that he says "What do ya mean where is she?"!! Like who do you think, you dopey eejit. Awful acting. Child services should come at the end and take the kid off of them since they can't even mind her for a minute.

Also has this 'damsel in distress' who needs a man to save her.

And then a man saves her by telling her where the kid is. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Nah.

Deffo Coldplay.

??

The new 'Big Mac anniversary' ad is god awful

Gormless heads on the people in the ad. Overrated muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

This may be a controversial one, but there is an Enable Ireland ad for children's services which is running on the radio these days, with a surly sounding young lad called Tommy speaking, that for me really has the opposite effect to its intent and sounds very off-putting.

The kid basically sounds like he is ordering you to donate instead of asking you for help, sounds arrogant and entitled, and delivers his message in a tone so sour it could curdle milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,265 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

This singing kid creeps me out...

• Advertisement

Not to mention that dreadful headwrecking song which will be murdered in pubs and clubs the nation far and wide this coming weekend. Euuugh i hate it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

Is it wrong to wish for a crash ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Yeah, it's awful to watch and what annoys me more is that the song has zero relevance to the ad subject.

ollaetta wrote: »
    Yeah, it's awful to watch and what annoys me more is that the song has zero relevance to the ad subject.

Cute kid (not IMO like!!) I'm assume the professional mommies (you know, the ones with a Mumsnet account) eat it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

I don't think any woman is fine with fine hair.

Ah get a grip

• Advertisement

optogirl wrote: »
    I don't think any woman is fine with fine hair.

Ah get a grip

Any hair adverts - the one with the orgasmic screams because they've washed their hair.

Must. Kill!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The face cream ads with young wans that look about 16. The shampoo ads that want you to think your hair will look like that, despite not having a team of stylists and makeup artists by your side, like the ad. Do think really think we, especially women, are that gullible?

madmaggie wrote: »
    The face cream ads with young wans that look about 16. The shampoo ads that want you to think your hair will look like that, despite not having a team of stylists and makeup artists by your side, like the ad. Do think really think we, especially women, are that gullible?

Marketers think everyone is that gullible. It's all about creating a 'void' in your life, then telling you 'oh, this'll fix it'...and repeat.

Now there's greater scrutiny on women beauty products, they've started their bullcrap with the male products too-hence a rise in eating disorders/ body dysmorphia.

Marketing is a scummy industry, to be sure.

Marketers think everyone is that gullible. It's all about creating a 'void' in your life, then telling you 'oh, this'll fix it'...and repeat.

Now there's greater scrutiny on women beauty products, they've started their bullcrap with the male products too-hence a rise in eating disorders/ body dysmorphia.

Marketing is a scummy industry, to be sure.

There's a brilliant line in The Big Bang Theory that could be applied to almost all beauty marketing:

"In one month we both invented and cured Restless Eye Syndrome. Take that ya blinky chumps!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Luis21

The new Bog Mac ad.

Use of the word "Mint" in an 80s setting is nonsense.

The prick in the back seat laughing "You never had a Big Mac!".

Wanker.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Some car ad with a robotic woman's voice saying crap like stay single until you're 34, calculating, calculating.
    Bloody annoying, and reminds me of the tone from apple ad, what's a computer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Any ads featuring Craig Doyle

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5478565/Nationwide-call-police-death-threats-singing-sisters.html

Turns out those 'keyboard ladies' are so hated, they're now getting death threats. Bit extreme, methinks?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭donegal_man

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5478565/Nationwide-call-police-death-threats-singing-sisters.html

Turns out those 'keyboard ladies' are so hated, they're now getting death threats. Bit extreme, methinks?

Have to agree, that's taking it too far.
    The ads are woeful though, the current one sounds like they should end by saying they're being well treated by the gallant freedom fighters and they'd like to condemn the running dogs of Western imperialism.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

That "road crash at work" ad. The acting is truly awful. Do the ad agencies drag thes people in off the streets on the day they're due to shoot the ad? "He had a licence; what more do you want?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Maybe mentioned on here before?but that McDonald’s ad for the flat white....yer wan that describes how it’s made (2 parts coffee one part milk or whatever)....makes me want to throw the tv out the window....

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Maybe mentioned on here before?but that McDonald’s ad for the flat white....yer wan that describes how it’s made (2 parts coffee one part milk or whatever)....makes me want to throw the tv out the window....

I actually really like that advert, as I've said before.

The other McDonalds advert for the big Mac is Woeful though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

That is extreme. A keyboard up the hoop would suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Doritos where the stalker looking freak sexually assaults his work colleagues. He sucks one guys finger and rips another guys trousers off. Call HR quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The Cheltenham coverage is being ruined by those painfully "hip" Paddy Power ads every five minutes.

It's as if the head of advertising is going: "Look esteemed customer, Ruby Walsh is a bit of craic. Totally genuine too. No terrible acting at all". That Paddy Power fella (not sure if he's the "actual" Paddy Power but he is definitely the face of the company) is a smug jackass that tries way too hard to be down with the kids.

I would go off on spiel about the influence they are exerting on the younger generation, but that's for another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

The Cheltenham coverage is being ruined by those painfully "hip" Paddy Power ads every five minutes.

It's as if the head of advertising is going: "Look esteemed customer, Ruby Walsh is a bit of craic. Totally genuine too. No terrible acting at all". That Paddy Power fella (not sure if he's the "actual" Paddy Power but he is definitely the face of the company) is a smug jackass that tries way too hard to be down with the kids.

I would go off on spiel about the influence they are exerting on the younger generation, but that's for another thread.

Gambling is b*llocks.

Gambling through the prism of the bantersaurus is extra b*llocks.

Gambling through the prism of lads banter "created" by some marketing graduates is...well you all deserve each other.

I just wish you could deserve each other somewhere other than on my television. It's a pain switching it off for every ad break and having to gamble as to when it's safe to turn it back on. All I want to do is watch a f*ckin match.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Gambling is b*llocks.

Gambling through the prism of the bantersaurus is extra b*llocks.

Gambling through the prism of lads banter "created" by some marketing graduates is...well you all deserve each other.

I just wish you could deserve each other somewhere other than on my television. It's a pain switching it off for every ad break and having to gamble as to when it's safe to turn it back on. All I want to do is watch a f*ckin match.

"You're welcome!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

fricatus wrote: »
    "You're welcome!!!"

"You're a bunch of c*nts!!!"

(Not you, those bookie scumbags)

jojofizzio wrote: »

The one with the teeth like gravestones commiserating like yer wan's ma has died "Awwww you don't know what a flat white is ???"

But then I did want to kill last night at Butlers while someone ordered a very complicated coffee - something soya mock yardbrush it sounded like!!

So good for McDonald's for explaining normally!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Some car ad with a robotic woman's voice saying crap like stay single until you're 34, calculating, calculating.
    Bloody annoying, and reminds me of the tone from apple ad, what's a computer ?
    She says "Go straight to a career" or something like that like its a bad thing... Well how else do you expect to drop 27 grand on a car?

Theres another one with a voice actor reading out "Turn Right" directions into a GPS in a recording studio, it goes on forever until you want to scream. Also its yet another car ad that recommends driving through a river or stream for the craic like its nothing even though thats about the worst thing you can do to a river or stream or beach.

Advertisement