Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Not sure that I despise this ad, just more I don't get it.

Young fella helping his granny set up an online dating profile.
    Granny goes to coffee shop to meet a match. Granny chickens out.
    Young fella says 'Sure Granda would like you to meet someone'.
    Young fella starts baking with granny. They fill a box with chocolate eclairs.
    Granny brings box of eclairs to a park bench to meet fella she stood up earlier.

It's an ad for Home Store Plus More
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

The new patronising, preachy ad for Diet Coke with the young woman telling us all the things we 'can' do. Even running a marathon ("That sounds [rolls eyes] super hard!")

God, it's SO BAD. Also, Diet Coke tastes bloody awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Speedsie wrote: »
    Not sure that I despise this ad, just more I don't get it.

Young fella helping his granny set up an online dating profile.
    Granny goes to coffee shop to meet a match. Granny chickens out.
    Young fella says 'Sure Granda would like you to meet someone'.
    Young fella starts baking with granny. They fill a box with chocolate eclairs.
    Granny brings box of eclairs to a park bench to meet fella she stood up earlier.

It's an ad for Home Store Plus More
    :confused:

She got a coffin for granda on special, you know, "when they're gone they're gone", type deal.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Valentina wrote: »
    Also, Diet Coke tastes bloody awful.

I despise diet coke. But to be fair to them diet coke is NOT and never was supposed to taste like regular coke. It is supposed to take like "new coke" which is now off the market.

Coke zero is supposed to taste like regular coke.

When "new coke" came on the market "diet coke" was made, "new coke" was taken off the market abut "diet coke" remained. I know several people who love the taste of diet coke and hate "regular coke" and coke zero, none of these are "dieters"

Extremely different tastes, as different or more different than coke & pepsi IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Touchy feely crap; the ironic thing is if Jim Royle saw this ad he would shout 'my arse' at the telly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

There's a new ad, for Dorritos, or some such snack. Two lads in an office, one lad licking the finger (I do mean finger) of the other fella. Yuuck! I'm not anti gay or anything like that, but who thought that would make the product appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Chewing gum advert where the dad wants to have a threesome with his daughter and another lad

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

Those fookin ads for Strongbow Dark Fruit, or Dark Frooot as they call it, it features a few lads at a table where we cant see their faces, just the drinks, their hands and their incredibly annoying "banter".

6 NATIONS, well done Ireland, great performance from match 1 to 5 - TV3 if you are going to continue with the coverage then you seriously need to drop that fooking Ulster Bank ad after the anthems and 30 secs before kick off, it shows you don't really understand the buildup to a big match and as such should not be associated with it. Also your commentators need some work.

Staying with 6 Nations, Vodafone Getting to know you torture, twice in 1 Ad break?, do you not reallise we hate you Vodafone for the ads that you inflict upon us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭applehunter

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

JJayoo wrote: »
    Chewing gum advert where the dad wants to have a threesome with his daughter and another lad

really weird, auld lecher.

In other countries its a foursome, the mother wants a bit of him too.

• Advertisement

The new patronising, preachy ad for Diet Coke with the young woman telling us all the things we 'can' do. Even running a marathon ("That sounds [rolls eyes] super hard!")

Everyone in the ad has a boney arse as well. 'drink diet coke and you can look just like us' :rolleyes:

madmaggie wrote: »
    There's a new ad, for Dorritos, or some such snack. Two lads in an office, one lad licking the finger (I do mean finger) of the other fella. Yuuck! I'm not anti gay or anything like that, but who thought that would make the product appealing.
    Your man is just like an american Al Porter. Acts like him too apparently ;)

The Orchard Thieves ad with the Enjoy Yourself song. They all look so bloody smug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

The ad with the two girls on roller skates shouting "yes" and "no" very crossly. Haven't a clue what the ad is for but I'd love to bang their heads together.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,135 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The Kerrygold ad with the wistful son dreaming about something and his sickly sweet wife and daughter .

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

The Mc Ds ad with the ****ehawk on the train, plugging in all his electrical stuff. You would think Mc'Ds with all that cash on the hip could splash out on some decent ads instead of the rubbish they normally churn out.

The McCains Roasties ad, with the families, the single mums, grandas and more families. His voice is sickly sweet and very annoying, instant remote reacher. (Sorry already mentioned above by The Purple Tin)
    It does have the line "sister from another mister", that's a new one for me.

It's probably been mentioned further back in the thread, but the Brady Ham ad, with the gom playing the anthem, dancing and wrapping the flag around him. No wonder I never buy the stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

It's probably been mentioned further back in the thread, but the Brady Ham ad, with the gom playing the anthem, dancing and wrapping the flag around him. No wonder I never buy the stuff.

Ham acting and he makes a pig of himself :o

/gets coat

There's a PPI ad where this prat is having a conversation with you the viewer 'what! you haven't applied for a PPI refund yet?' pause 'wow!'
    I've told him to fcuk off more than once but he doesn't seem to hear me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭donegal_man

"I ham a Brady ham". Talking ham from some sort of weird mutated alien pig apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

As bad as the whole theme us, what annoys me even more is the way she holds the can. Not in the palm of her hand like normal people, but held between thumb and fingers presumably to show off the can. It looks so fake and prissy

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

JJayoo wrote: »

Wut?

Flash ultra ad is just pure cringe

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Ad for Doritos is quite disturbing where the guy grabs another guys hand and sucks his fingers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,328 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

There's a new Robinson's advert-mom goes to get a glass of wine, then kid starts being a condescending brat, and makes her a Cordial instead.

He literally starts to lecture her on alcohol, and why he needs her to be sober and all this (school and classes), and here I was thinking it was an anti-drink driving advert. Instead it's another excuse not to have kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,949 ✭✭✭✭anewme

There's a new Robinson's advert-mom goes to get a glass of wine, then kid starts being a condescending brat, and makes her a Cordial instead.

He literally starts to lecture her on alcohol, and why he needs her to be sober and all this (school and classes), and here I was thinking it was an anti-drink driving advert. Instead it's another excuse not to have kids.

It’s also another excuse to keep drinking the wine and not the cordial.

I got this “adults” cordial, was supposed to be basil and orange or mandarin.

Was dire.

So brought the bottle down to my mums as a “gift”.

She made one and then asked if I was trying to kill her.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

That mace one featuring the orange bobble heads maniacally dancing around the shop. Wtf were they thinking commissioning that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,949 ✭✭✭✭anewme

That mace one featuring the orange bobble heads maniacally dancing around the shop. Wtf were they thinking commissioning that.

That is absolutely hateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Corn flakes ad where they try to decide the perfect time for a bowl (it's morning time BTW). They must have tried to put in every minority/ethnic group into 30 seconds

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Its a strong contender for one of the worst adverts of all time.

Advertisement