Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,949 ✭✭✭✭anewme

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Mac 3

Mace has to be one of the worst...

but these arent far behind. who thinks up of this drivel.. Vases? exploding cake?

https://youtu.be/HvBz-0Kvsjk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

anewme wrote: »
    It’s also another excuse to keep drinking the wine and not the cordial.

I got this “adults” cordial, was supposed to be basil and orange or mandarin.

Was dire.

So brought the bottle down to my mums as a “gift”.

She made one and then asked if I was trying to kill her.

Why are we being told we can't drink mi wadi? I love a glass with a packet of meanies and a chomp

• Registered Users Posts: 11,949 ✭✭✭✭anewme

optogirl wrote: »
    Why are we being told we can't drink mi wadi? I love a glass with a packet of meanies and a chomp

Dont try that new Robinson’s.

Never tasted anything as synthetic.

I’ll stick to lemon Barley water.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The Aldi one where the guy comes in eating an easter egg and starts lording it over the girl how nice it is and doesn't offer her any.
    It is just like something a really selfish and rude child would do. Someone should box the bounder's ears for him :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Has that Mace ad been running for a whole year now? Good grief... :rolleyes:

To me, it's as though someone watched the Ribena "Zooby Doo" ad and missed the point completely:

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭mmg0305

neris wrote: »
    Ad for Doritos is quite disturbing where the guy grabs another guys hand and sucks his fingers

Shudder! I may never eat Doritos again, which is probably not the effect they wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

JJayoo wrote: »
    Chewing gum advert where the dad wants to have a threesome with his daughter and another lad

I didn't get that. I thought the dad was smirking because he's about to rip the head off the young lad.

All these ads for no-win-no-fee injury lawyers; they make themselves out to be these benevolent, guardian angel type creatures, whose only wish is to see justice done. In reality most of them would sell their own grannies for a quick buck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

madmaggie wrote: »
    I didn't get that. I thought the dad was smirking because he's about to rip the head off the young lad.

That man had rape and incest in his eyes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

JJayoo wrote: »
    Chewing gum advert where the dad wants to have a threesome with his daughter and another lad
    madmaggie wrote: »

I saw the smirk as dad thinking:

'Decent looking bloke...'
    'Confident...'
    'Gutsy reaction to being caught...'

'My daughter could do worse'

The threesome with his own daughter never, and I mean never, crossed my mind.

The Burger King ad where the customer asks for a burger and the smiling staff member says 'would you like to come in here and make it yourself'!!! Sure while I'm at it would you like me to scrub the staff toilets or mop the floor for you?

Also the ad for biscuits where the footballer kicks the ball through a wall of teacups. What the hell does he mumble at the end? After they spent all that time and effort setting up the teacups, why would the director not ask him to do that scene again and speak clearly ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,328 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

mmg0305 wrote: »
    Shudder! I may never eat Doritos again, which is probably not the effect they wanted.

I've eaten em since-it's not that off putting. But then again, the sexual assault angle possibly hints at how lonely I am...:D (Dark joke, I know).

I miss the days of Phileas Fogg chips-they were soooo good. (Superior to Doritoes in their heyday).

There's an infomercial for a 'mini cooker' you put in the microwave...and it's so bloody infuriating. The advert often pops up between programs, goes on for ten minutes, and all the food looks awful...just, disgusting.
    Infomercial's might not be adverts, but it drives me insane.

This advert was on last night, but it's slightly sped up.

The line 'The smoother the skin, the more comfortable you are' is spoken faster...as the camera cuts to the old woman...

Is it just me, or does it seem slightly ageist? The older woman is implied to not be confident, cos her skin isn't 'smooth'...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

The ‘Pembroke Insurance’ ad, it’s on twice every ad break on the sports channels

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Bud Light Dilly Dilly can F*ck right off. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Suckit wrote: »

And why do they make such a big deal about it being in a bottle, its not worth putting in a paper bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I see mace have an Easter themed ad out. Still with the same crap eurodisco version of come up and see me.

Suckit wrote: »
    We think Irish ads are bad but ads on American telly are the pits and it's the same ads over and over every break.

The Idris Elba ad where they don't show his mother's face wtf? Davina McCall had a series of ads with her mother where they only ever showed her from behind, is it illegal to appear on an ad with your ma?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,280 ✭✭✭Archeron

Mommy, Mommy, I'm starving, what's for Lunch?
    Water...just water...

You wouldn't starve your children to death, so therefore buy miracle Grow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

That Sky ad with Idris Elba where the kids keep screaming "Moana".
    I know they are supposed to be annoying but jesus...

Brego888 wrote: »
    That Sky ad with Idris Elba where the kids keep screaming "Moana".
    I know they are supposed to be annoying but jesus...

Sky Ads in general are the worst-them and the Virgin Media adverts. They can make an otherwise likable actor in Satan incarnate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Watching Sky channels means you have to put up with their awful own made shows and now crappy films, Idris Elba new 'comedy', groan.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,367 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

still have to channel hop with the doritos advert

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Watching Sky channels means you have to put up with their awful own made shows and now crappy films, Idris Elba new 'comedy', groan.

Most of his Stringer Bell cool has worn away at this stage. Now he's on the telly every minute plugging Sky boxes or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,519 ✭✭✭caviardreams

As bad as the whole theme us, what annoys me even more is the way she holds the can. Not in the palm of her hand like normal people, but held between thumb and fingers presumably to show off the can. It looks so fake and prissy

Ugh. That Diet Coke ad really does start to grate. What is "Ath-lay-zhure"?? Ath-leisure if you don't mind... and who wants to live in a yurt anyway? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Ugh. That Diet Coke ad really does start to grate. What is "Ath-lay-zhure"?? Ath-leisure if you don't mind... and who wants to live in a yurt anyway? :mad:

Look if you want a diet coke then just have one

Is it me or is anyone getting sad watching Kevin Bacon popping up in adverts now?

I'm just reminded of how he got screwed over by that Bernie guy-and lost his nest egg. Now he's doing phone adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

The Guinness Christmas ad. The guy that says "Don't forget to turn the lights off" was my first boss.

Extremely dodgy and sneaky guy. Perfect for a TV advert I suppose..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I know it has been mentioned several times but the Doritos ad is rotten.

Advertisement