Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,328 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

rubadub wrote: »
    Nothing to be careful about, could anybody be upset or want to defend him?! I expect his own mother/wife/daughter would have to shrug and say "ah yeah, sure you have to admit he is a dodgy looking cnut and puts chills up my spine, probably has a sex dungeon brimming with victims"

Hell hath no fury like a fangirl scorned. ;) (I learned that the hard way)

He was very effective as Hannibal-possibly 'too' so. Also really good in Dr Strange. But he often gets short shrift I think.

He was very effective as Hannibal-possibly 'too' so. Also really good in Dr Strange. But he often gets short shrift I think.

He's not effective for either me or herself. Neither of us like him in the role as Hannibal. As a result we didn't watch the TV series. Despite both of us reading all the books more than once.

I don't know the product but that "in your face" Star Wars ad, and I say this as a big Star Wars fan, is too much. Is it a car ad? Its also a bit misguided.

I'd like to provide subtitles for my most hated ad on TV at the moment:

{ring ring}
    Dad: Brian? Who the hell is Brian?
    [What the viewer doesn't realize is the Vodafone family in this ad are living in Mongolia where Brian is an uncommon name. ]

Dad:(to wife): Do you know this Brian?
    Wife/Mum:{I don't want hubby to realize I didn't really give up my 2 bottles of gin a day habit and that this cup is not filled with coffee but mostly gin, so will make a face so he can't hear my slurred speech. Unfortunately my facial expression makes me look like I'm pretty much out of it and will need a nap soon}

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

That Vodafone ad is really annoying me. Moaaaana.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

That one before and after the weather forecast on 6.01 News with the football coach and his 12 and 15 goal lines. Mildly amusing the first time or two but truly irritating after a while.

I saw this advert today-it's so anime and bizarre, but I like it.

'It's Golf, how do we make it exciting....'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

'It's Golf, how do we make it exciting....'

Not a patch on that Murphy's Anime ad from years ago.

verycool wrote: »

Well, tbf, that's the guy who directed Ghost in the Shell-Mamoru Oshii. He's bound to bring his A game. I'm really happy to see all these animated adverts tbh, there used to be so many of em.

Coca Cola had a great one by former Disney Animator Ken Duncan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

The Diet Coke advert where the guy is walking down the street as though he is holding a banana between clenched ass cheeks. Spouting some nonsense words of wisdom.

• Advertisement

Well, tbf, that's the guy who directed Ghost in the Shell-Mamoru Oshii. He's bound to bring his A game. I'm really happy to see all these animated adverts tbh, there used to be so many of em.

I did not know that! And now, thanks to you, I've 'Making of a Cyborg' stuck in my head. Great tune.

Suckit wrote: »
    The Diet Coke advert where the guy is walking down the street as though he is holding a banana between clenched ass cheeks. Spouting some nonsense words of wisdom.

It's the male version of the stupid "athleisure" ad. Where she pronounces it "cou-ke".

To me all it portrays is, "Drink Diet Coke, be a pompous ar5ehole"

His walk too, wtf...? It genuinely does look like he is clenching a banana between hs ass cheeks and walking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Suckit wrote: »
    I've grown to despise at leisure/yurt/sounds super hard woman. I look forward to developing similar feelings for her male counterpart.

verycool wrote: »
    I did not know that! And now, thanks to you, I've 'Making of a Cyborg' stuck in my head. Great tune."

It's an amazing movie-and non-anime fans wonder why the Live action film was greeted with 'oh f*** off!' when they heard about it being made.

When even James Cameron has cited GitS as an influence, and an amazing piece of film making-you know not to try. (I've no hope for Battle Angel Alita-not least because Cameron handed the reigns over to Robert Rodriguez...seems like he didn't want to bear the brunt of a bad film).

Another film with a great soundtrack is Paprika by Satoshi Kon. A director taken from us far too soon, after making 4 outstanding animated films, and one amazing TV show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Oi, ad people,

Any chance ye can cut out the whole sculptor, security guard, etc etc, accidentally knocking off the sculptures dicks ? It's been done to death and it wasn't really funny the first time, which may have been 80 years ago. Stale as fcuk ya lazy bastards !

#MensPeckersMatter

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    Oi, ad people,

Any chance ye can cut out the whole sculptor, security guard, etc etc, accidentally knocking off the sculptures dicks ? It's been done to death and it wasn't really funny the first time, which may have been 80 years ago. Stale as fcuk ya lazy bastards !

#MensPeckersMatter

I could swear the late Tommy Cooper did those jokes. Him or Carry on movies.

Also, the 'send supplies' one with the Clown...that's a joke from the schoolyard.

• Site Banned Posts: 78 ✭✭johnnyyesno

Also, the 'send supplies' one with the Clown...that's a joke from the schoolyard.

I hope those starving and desperate Antartic lads slaughtered that clown and ate him.

I hope those starving and desperate Antartic lads slaughtered that clown and ate him.

Also, call me paranoid but I'm sure someone saw this gif from years ago and worked it in to a shyte ad.

EDIT: Thanks to a reddit post, I found it's from this film from 1989! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UHF_%28film%29

• Site Banned Posts: 78 ✭✭johnnyyesno

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    Oi, ad people,

#MensPeckersMatter

I'm reminded of this scene from the Naked Gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

The Mace ads are about as bad as things get.

• Advertisement

Blanx teeth whitening toothpaste.

The Italian accent is heavily exaggerated and makes me want to something at the screen :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

They Dyson advert with himself looking like he has one of his "digital" motors stuck up his ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

The SuperValu ad...
    First of all..THE super THE valu...two annoying superfluous uses of the word “the”.....SuperValu on its own is just fine thank you...
    Secondly...i just witnessed some teenager on said ad eating cold baked beans out of the tin....I think I might barf...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

jojofizzio wrote: »
    i just witnessed some teenager on said ad eating cold baked beans out of the tin....I think I might barf...

I'm guilty of this sometimes. Love cold beans.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,391 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I didn't even know oral b mayyyyde a tuuuthpaste

This freaking advert....pops up online while watching videos, but its bound to turn up on TV.

'Annnnnndddd'....'ANNNNNNDDDDD'...

So grateful I don't have nor never will have children. (Creepy camera angles on this as well...yeezus).
    (Bonus points for the vegans/ vegetarian's and their daft comments in the comment section).

You do know that's a child actor right? And not an embodiment of all children?

Seriously horrible advert all the same

my3cents wrote: »
    They Dyson advert with himself looking like he has one of his "digital" motors stuck up his ass.

sure no wonder they've packed in 'research' into wired hoovers when the wireless ones are sold at the three times the cost

lawred2 wrote: »
    You do know that's a child actor right? And not an embodiment of all children?

Seriously horrible advert all the same

It's an embodiment of all child actors, frankly.

And I'm just anti-children, as in anti-having any.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

did anyone mention the Dilly, Dilly one? i'm not read'in them all.

Advertisement