Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

The Electric Ireland ads. 'Smorter' is mentioned about 6 times, in 20 seconds.

There's also an EBS ad - it mentions some super low rate constantly. It just never states what that rate is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,328 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

fricatus wrote: »
    I just saw it too. Lord above, whadda... sorry, what an awful accent!

Glad I'm not the only one. I was feeling bad, because she's only got one arm, but Godddd....that accent.

It's one of the few times I hate a choir-most choirs are grand, be it in a movie, video game, or advert...

but Allianz did it, they made me hate a choir.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I'm sure that Renault ad advertising the star wars film has set a record for most showings in an hour.

Ready kid? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

lertsnim wrote: »
    I'm sure that Renault ad advertising the star wars film has set a record for most showings in an hour.

Ready kid? :mad:

Yeah its desperate isnt it, yer man must be pushing 18, too old for Star Wars maybe Ida thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,337 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

In fairness the ad with the couple who do rallying together is made easier by the fact the woman is an absolute fox

• Advertisement

In fairness the ad with the couple who do rallying together is made easier by the fact the woman is an absolute fox

She annoys me, but the wan in the 'Axa red line' advert is total eye candy. And her accent...yowzah.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Have Vodafone cornered the market for dreadful ads?
    Sue the pig (and that sap who "adopted" her),
    the new dad ad,
    "who the heck is Bry-un?",
    the screeching violin,
    and now the teenager sent to the gaeltacht)

Just who is the main man in their marketing department?

Glad I'm not the only one. I was feeling bad, because she's only got one arm, but Godddd....that accent.

It's one of the few times I hate a choir-most choirs are grand, be it in a movie, video game, or advert...

but Allianz did it, they made me hate a choir.

disabled people hate to be treated differently so in that same vain, what a pretentious pox of an accent

• Registered Users Posts: 24,390 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

CircleK - formerly Topaz

A bunch of paid actors to represent minimum wage zero hour contract staff and portray CircleK/Topaz as one big happy family.

Give me a break.

It doesn't get much worse than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

"Winner, winner, chicken chargrills for dinner"

• Advertisement

That VHI genetic testing ad. It is criminally bad. The acting makes Sylvester Stallone looks like a RADA graduate.

I think its been mentioned before but the Ulster Bank mortgage ad with the couch puts me in a bad mood. Smug thirty something couple have been given a couch for their massive new house and its not good enough even for their attic conversion so give it to a charity shop because they have plenty of money to go out buying brand new furniture for their McMansion.

It's really disingenuous for all the people out there struggling to save for deposits, for a teeny weeny place and who if they ever get their own place will be damn glad of a free couch. Between AIB spying on peoples social media and Ulster banks lousy ads part of me wishes for another banking crash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

That stupid Ulster Bank ad with the father and son out for dinner.
    The stupid expression on the dad's face and the 'thank you'.
    It's just a meal ffs not a kidney!

Does anybody else get a real air of menace from the father in this? When he finds out the son paid he gives him a look like he's about to glass him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,135 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Does anybody else get a real air of menace from the father in this? When he finds out the son paid he gives him a look like he's about to glass him.

And he has the smuggest son on this planet because he bought a bloody meal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    And he has the smuggest son on this planet because he bought a bloody meal

Ah I would not be too hard on the son, he probably had it hard growing up with an absolute psycho for a father!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

blueser wrote: »
    That VHI genetic testing ad. It is criminally bad. The acting makes Sylvester Stallone looks like a RADA graduate.

You can be sure VHI are aren't doing it for their customers' benefit. Wrong genetic profile and BANG goes your annual premium.

2nd edit to clarify : which is why I hate the ad, I believe its misleading.

Cetrine Allergy advert. Of course the pollen 'villain' has a skanger accent, and it's up to D4 posh accented boy 'Cetrine' to save the day.

Dunno if anyone involved in making that advert noticed that posh accented people tend to screw up the country. Skangers might steal your bike, posh folks'll steal your pension, house, and everything in between.

Cetrine Allergy advert. Of course the pollen 'villain' has a skanger accent, and it's up to D4 posh accented boy 'Cetrine' to save the day.

Dunno if anyone involved in making that advert noticed that posh accented people tend to screw up the country. Skangers might steal your bike, posh folks'll steal your pension, house, and everything in between.

skangers go to jail, posh folk abroad til it all dies over...

Life insurance ads
    Funeral ads
    Loan ads
    Equitity release ads

Sick to death of them

All I wanna do is watch classic Corrie on ITV3 in peace lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Life insurance ads
    Funeral ads
    Loan ads
    Equitity release ads

Sick to death of them

All I wanna do is watch classic Corrie on ITV3 in peace lol

You should be an ad writer :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,949 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Maybe it’s a few pages back.....but us surprised no one hates that ad. I think it’s special K.

“Do it like this , do it like that. Do it like this then I do it like that” complete with women doing different things, grannies swimming etc.

Fck off.

my3cents wrote: »
    You should be an ad writer :D

lol

Vodafone and their 'Daughter in the gaeltacht' advert.

I might hate it because of the advert, or I hate it because the actress playing the mom used to be in the Cassidy's and reminds me of that traumatic show.

You can be sure VHI are aren't doing it for their customers' benefit. Wrong genetic profile and BANG goes your annual premium.

2nd edit to clarify : which is why I hate the ad, I believe its misleading.
    An advert being misleading? No way.

Vodafone and their 'Daughter in the gaeltacht' advert.

I might hate it because of the advert, or I hate it because the actress playing the mom used to be in the Cassidy's and reminds me of that traumatic show.

Follow-up... I hate it because it's on every fecking second.

Also, is it me, or are the girls dressed way older than they should be? They're barely into puberty, and are dressed a lot older.

"Dilly dilly"

"Hi, I'm Tom"

The Mace one with the orange heads

The rally driving couple

"Pull over, have a cup of coffee and a ten minute nap" (lying there wide awake after the coffee.)

Ribena one with the "zubby duhh, zubby duhh, zubby zubbbbbb..."

The club orange zorro guy

The heating one where they leave their kids jackets on

The domino's "official food of x..."

"if you can't remember my name, please sit down"

ALL the sky Idris Elba ones

Lucozade David and Goliath

• Registered Users Posts: 24,390 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Oh yeah the nescafe one... That's fuking hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 11,949 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Ribena one with the "zubby duhh, zubby duhh, zubby zubbbbbb..."

The Mace one is absolutely hateful.

But the Ribena one?

What’s not to love about a giant rabbit with a moustache and sunglasses going zoo bee doo zoobeedoo do zoobeedoo dooo (ahhhhhh)

I love it and watch it every time it comes on. One of my favorites.

"Dilly dilly"
    I actually like that ad. "The pit of misery"!
    With you on that one!
    The club orange zorro guy
    And that one!
    "Pull over, have a cup of coffee and a ten minute nap" (lying there wide awake after the coffee.)
    Say you're driving back from Dublin and you're heading through the wilds of Roscommon at stupid o'clock in the morn ing; where exactly do you get a cup of coffee?
    "if you can't remember my name, please sit down"
    That sap wants shooting!

• Advertisement

anewme wrote: »
    Maybe it’s a few pages back.....but us surprised no one hates that ad. I think it’s special K.

“Do it like this , do it like that. Do it like this then I do it like that” complete with women doing different things, grannies swimming etc.

Fck off.

It's a marked improvement over their other advert-one that was mocked so badly, they apologised for it. (And I actually like that advert).
    It wasn't Pepsi advert bad, but it was close.

Every time an advert tries to do 'feminist'-they shoot themselves in the foot so badly, it's painfully cringey. There's another one from Special K that got roundly hammered for doing the 'society's wrong for saying I need to better myself'.

Advertisement