Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Any Vodafone ad, they really are complete cringe and shoite

Even their British ones are rubbish-the ones with Martin Freeman for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Latest Allianz insurance ad....Para athlete going on about Communidies,charidies and supporders....a crime against my ears....

And she's absolutely screaming out of the telly at ya while you're just sitting there on the couch with a jaffa cake waiting for Tipping Point to come back on so you can get 75% of the answers wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Keep your eyes peeled and you see a lot of Markle-a-like actresses in ads. Trying to cash in on her 15 minutes.

God-the Vodafone 'Gaeltacht' advert was on again...and my brother nailed it why the ad is so ridiculous-and makes Vodafone look bad too.

The girl sends a text to her mam, moaning and whinging about everything going on there, we see days, weeks go by...

...and then the mam finally gets the text, and now the daughter is a fluent gaelgeoir, having gone feral I'd imagine, and speaking in a language the mam probably doesn't understand... The daughter then abandon's her phone, to live amongst the wild, untamed citizens that probably occupy Mordor or wherever she is. And the mam holds the phone to her chest knowing she'll never see her again.

I've got a few questions. How f***ing long did that text take to be sent? Where in damnation did they send her that it took that long? And if it's only 'down the road', how s**t is Vodafone's service?

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

God-the Vodafone 'Gaeltacht' advert was on again...and my brother nailed it why the ad is so ridiculous-and makes Vodafone look bad too.

The girl sends a text to her mam, moaning and whinging about everything going on there, we see days, weeks go by...

...and then the mam finally gets the text, and now the daughter is a fluent gaelgeoir, having gone feral I'd imagine, and speaking in a language the mam probably doesn't understand... The daughter then abandon's her phone, to live amongst the wild, untamed citizens that probably occupy Mordor or wherever she is. And the mam holds the phone to her chest knowing she'll never see her again.

I've got a few questions. How f***ing long did that text take to be sent? Where in damnation did they send her that it took that long? And if it's only 'down the road', how s**t is Vodafone's service?

Surprised they didn't show her snap chatting, instgrammming. Tis the trendy thing these days, young wans with phones in ads. I hate modern trends.

• Advertisement

Surprised they didn't show her snap chatting, instgrammming. Tis the trendy thing these days, young wans with phones in ads. I hate modern trends.

I suppose we should be grateful she's not doing 'the Dab'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭trashcan

Why have they changed the ending of the lucozade David v Goliath ad ? I quite liked the old one, new one is rubbish.

Are ya gonna bingo?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Keep your eyes peeled and you see a lot of Markle-a-like actresses in ads. Trying to cash in on her 15 minutes.

Yes, Dove's latest ad where yer wan is using hair straighteners on orchids...she's the image of Meghan.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,137 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Has that ad with the drill sergeant going soft because of a fabric softener been slated here yet?
    Grrrrr

• Advertisement

flazio wrote: »
    Has that ad with the drill sergeant going soft because of a fabric softener been slated here yet?
    Grrrrr
    When he sniffs the soldier's bed EEEWWWWWWW!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I suppose we should be grateful she's not doing 'the Dab'.

It’s all about ‘the floss’ now ....the dab is dead.

Lisha wrote: »
    It’s all about ‘the floss’ now ....the dab is dead.

These ads are so dated and behind the times I don't think they'll catch on to the floss until 2050.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Just saw an ad with a cockney speaking goat advising a guy on barbeques.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I really hate that Orchard Thieves ad and the gatecrashing arseholes in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

lertsnim wrote: »
    I really hate that Orchard Thieves ad and the gatecrashing arseholes in it.
    They look like yuppie refugees from the 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,949 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Just saw an ad with a cockney speaking goat advising a guy on barbeques.

That sounds absolutely brilliant !

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

That fcuking Gaeltacht ad is on every single break. It's aural AIDS.

Silly Denny ad with the boy going to Ballyhaunis after his da points it out on a spinning globe. That's a seriously detailed globe if it has Bally-feckin-haunis on it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,390 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Silly Denny ad with the boy going to Ballyhaunis after his da points it out on a spinning globe. That's a seriously detailed globe if it has Bally-feckin-haunis on it :rolleyes:

I'll be honest and say that I find that one funny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I can't imagine that no one has nominated my,er, nomination. But it's just been on, so I've been reminded; the Maltesers ad with the two nurses slobbering over Jamie ("the really fit one"). Sorry, but no.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Accidentally

It's interesting how Trivago adverts should be annoying, but because they at least do a new variation of their adverts, and Trivago girl is a welcome presence, they avoid it.

Vodafone's adverts are just an abomination out of the gate...I was wondering what happened to the 'Pepsi campaign crew'-seems they got a job at Vodafone.

Trivago girl is not a welcome presence, she is a smug, how cool am I, bint. Any other conclusion is just your hormones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

blueser wrote: »
    I can't imagine that no one has nominated my,er, nomination. But it's just been on, so I've been reminded; the Maltesers ad with the two nurses slobbering over Jamie ("the really fit one"). Sorry, but no.

I hate all Malteasers ads. The worst one ever was the squeaky voiced bint publicly dumping her boyfriend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Trivago girl is not a welcome presence, she is a smug, how cool am I, bint. Any other conclusion is just your hormones.

Hmmmm, Trivago girl is very popular around here. I'd start running now if I were you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,363 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

fricatus wrote: »
    Hmmmm, Trivago girl is very popular around here. I'd start running now if I were you! :D

she jumped the shark with that hamster advert, she is dead to me now unless she does a secret escape type advert :pac:

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »
    she jumped the shark with that hamster advert, she is dead to me now unless she does a secret escape type advert :pac:

I'll be honest-if the choice was Trivago girl or Secret Escape Girl...

I'd have to choose Secret Escape Girl. It's her legs, her accent, her...everything.

swoon.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

Leave Trivago girl alone, she`s an absolute fox

• Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭valoren

Omackeral wrote: »
    That fcuking Gaeltacht ad is on every single break. It's aural AIDS.

The MILF in it makes it just about tolerable.

When I get in from work i love to fix myself a gin and tonic, except for the last few weeks I've been having other tonics other than Schweppes because I am boycotting Schweppes until they take that stupid, immature insulting advert off the television.

If you don't know the one i mean it goes "there are some people who can't appreciate Schweppes who we call amateurs. People who friend their boss on Facebook or give their girlfriend their bank card".

Apparently I'm an amateur because I have a mature relationship with a girl who I trust not to go on a spending spree, and I'm an amateur because I get along with my boss and regularly have pints with him.

So Schweppes, I won't be imbibing a single drop of your tonic while that ad remains on TV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

When I get in from work i love to fix myself a gin and tonic, except for the last few weeks I've been having other tonics other than Schweppes because I am boycotting Schweppes until they take that stupid, immature insulting advert off the television.

If you don't know the one i mean it goes "there are some people who can't appreciate Schweppes who we call amateurs. People who friend their boss on Facebook or give their girlfriend their bank card".

Apparently I'm an amateur because I have a mature relationship with a girl who I trust not to go on a spending spree, and I'm an amateur because I get along with my boss and regularly have pints with him.

So Schweppes, I won't be imbibing a single drop of your tonic while that ad remains on TV.

off topic> Give the Lidl Tonic water a try, of the really cheap ones I think its the best only I've stopped using it as I'm trying to stick to low calorie tonic water and have gone back to Schweppes Slimline Tonic, sorry :o

Also keep an eye on Aldi as they do their own "version" of Fever Tree Tonic, the packaging is the same and I can't tell the difference tasted side by side with genuine Fever Tree Tonic :)

Advertisement