Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

lertsnim wrote: »
    I really hate that Orchard Thieves ad and the gatecrashing arseholes in it.
    If I could thank you 100 times, I would.
    That pink haired one wrecks my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

valoren wrote: »
    The MILF in it makes it just about tolerable.

Amelia Crowley...and no, no she doesn't.

Poor girl, never recovered from the tragedy that was the Cassidy's-she was in Paths to Freedom as some 'video vixen' that Rats recruited for a music video.

Career seemed to be going well-then complete stall. Now she does mostly adverts barring the cameo in Derry Girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Every Haribo ad ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Theres a Sky Sports ad with a load of ***** giving emotional overreactions to Skys usually completely bland and forgettable pundits, I have to change the channel when it comes on, dont think Ive hated anything as much since the Meteor Christmas ads a few years ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

I'll be honest-if the choice was Trivago girl or Secret Escape Girl...

I'd have to choose Secret Escape Girl. It's her legs, her accent, her...everything.

swoon.gif

Agreed

Secret escapes girl >>>>>> Trivago girl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

All sanitary towel ads.They are "always"on.

All sanitary towel ads.They are "always"on.

Treasure them-the 'red' liquid will be coming in soon...you know it will.

I know what you mean tho, there's one where she says '...I've finally found protective underwear that's actually pretty'. I don't know what it is, but it's the way she says 'pretty' sounds pretentious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

EPAndlee wrote: »

I checked the link-think that's the one?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

valoren wrote: »
    The MILF in it makes it just about tolerable.
    We're talking about the Vodafone ad, yeah? "MILF"?

5CaZ4O9.gif

• Advertisement

blueser wrote: »
    We're talking about the Vodafone ad, yeah? "MILF"?

Even in her prime, I had the same reaction.

Even in her prime, I had the same reaction.
    Or "non-reaction", even!

blueser wrote: »
    Or "non-reaction", even!

Yeah-she was no Orlaith Rafter.

(Remember her-was on Paths to Freedom, Fair City, and even the Blizzard of Odd).

Orlaith+Rafter+TV+NOW+Awards+XLiBfYKvcZ7l.jpg

Those interminable Lotto ads. "It's the 16th country I've seen them in on this tour jackpat". What the hell is "jackpat"? Is it those two fellas you met down the pub last night, Jack and Pat?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Clearscore dot com, the two men under the table hiding from 'their dad' and whispering to each other.

It is top of my list atm. The most blood boiling shít ad. I feel like throwing a rock at the TV everytime it comes on. :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,573 ✭✭✭patmac

That Coca Cola add, I hate it so much and there is still 10 days to go before the World Cup. I mean if your a footy fan, you might miss the first 10 minutes of your teams game for say a ride or beer at a push but for feckin Coca Cola not a chance.

patmac wrote: »
    That Pepsi add, I hate it so much and there is still 10 days to go before the World Cup. I mean if your a footy fan, you might miss the first 10 minutes of your teams game for say a ride or beer at a push but for feckin Pepsi, not a chance.

Suppose it's better than 'We arrreeee the lioooonnnsss, we are the chooossseeeen....'

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Actimel ads

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

All the Alexa ads drive me mad :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

The latest Toyota hybrid car ad..can’t understand what the buck is saying....sounds like “it’s good for when you need to go to the bathroom a lot”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The new Bank of Ireland ad. Finger nails dragging on a blackboard would sound better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Another one buys the Duster.

Another creative having an epiphany a two year old would be embarrassed by and seeing the vague similarity between "another one buys the Duster" and the Queen song (duly butchered of course by those various weirdos in the ad).

Presume it's been mentioned.

It's a marked improvement over their other advert-one that was mocked so badly, they apologised for it. (And I actually like that advert).
    It wasn't Pepsi advert bad, but it was close.

Every time an advert tries to do 'feminist'-they shoot themselves in the foot so badly, it's painfully cringey. There's another one from Special K that got roundly hammered for doing the 'society's wrong for saying I need to better myself'.

Some of the YouTube comments under that made me laugh out loud.

Good call Crowman, I had been meaning to mention that one, hate that one too. Poor kids don't look too happy with being exploited for the benefit of multi national corporation.

Watched the ad there again and "stony-faced gobshytes" is wonderfully apt. LMAO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

The Samsung ad 'life is all about people doing things that can't be done ' or some such blurb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Another one buys the Duster.

Another creative having an epiphany a two year old would be embarrassed by and seeing the vague similarity between "another one buys the Duster" and the Queen song (duly butchered of course by those various weirdos in the ad).

Presume it's been mentioned.

And another one gone, and another one gone.

It'll probably be "A Kind of Magic" next.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,391 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Surface laptop its made me productive your're a blogger ffs you dont do anything .

sorry fupping social influencer aaaagh

Surface laptop its made me productive your're a blogger ffs you dont do anything .

sorry fupping social influencer aaaagh

Wonder if she's like other bloggers-spends thousands on 'stuff she needs'-doesn't pay rent to her Landlord.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Wonder if she's like other bloggers-spends thousands on 'stuff she needs'-doesn't pay rent to her Landlord.

In between sending begging emails looking for free holidays.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

That Sky GAA people reacting to the pundits ad is awful, although the woman rolling her eyes at her husband is a slightly amusing moment in it.

Advertisement