Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

That Sky GAA people reacting to the pundits ad is awful, although the woman rolling her eyes at her husband is a slightly amusing moment in it.
    It is a truly dreadful ad. Where do they dig up these actors from?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,949 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Another one buys the Duster.

Another creative having an epiphany a two year old would be embarrassed by and seeing the vague similarity between "another one buys the Duster" and the Queen song (duly butchered of course by those various weirdos in the ad).

Presume it's been mentioned.

Took that tag line up as another one drives a duster as opposed to another one one buys the duster...

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

blueser wrote: »

These are the ones who never made the callback to Fair City.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

These are the ones who never made the callback to Fair City.

There was an actor in an advert for Mace, or Londis, who wound up in Fair City after a year of the advert.
    (No idea who he played-just remember seeing him in the 'soaps' section of the papers or tvnow/ RTE guide).

He's the 'cos we're glad to see ya' guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

"A Child with Clefts will lead a life of pain and heartache, please give money and do it today because Simeon needs to know there is hope in sight....".....

SmileTrain.

:mad:
    Fcuk.
    Off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭De Bhál

British ads advertising money for seniors, sickening ****e

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

There was an actor in an advert for Mace, or Londis, who wound up in Fair City after a year of the advert.
    (No idea who he played-just remember seeing him in the 'soaps' section of the papers or tvnow/ RTE guide).

He's the 'cos we're glad to see ya' guy.

Know his face from loads of ads. Himself and beardy guy from Axa Insurance have the market cornered.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,390 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

She's nice to be fair to her

I have a love hate relationship with the new Ultra advert. On the one hand its my favorite ad to watch. It ticks all the boxes of an ad I should enjoy but heres my problem: its an ad for panty liners and I'm a feckin fella.

Slim, very bendy girls, slightly sexy music with practically wolf whistles in it. I'll admit anonymously on the internet that I enjoy it but I'd be the first to admit it appeals to a certain red-blooded aspect of my personality.

Surely practically every female looks at the ad and rolls their eyes?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Fooking vodafone ad with the little brat, it's constantly on

• Advertisement

Sky box wasn't working for the last few days-turns out the Satellite Dish was at fault.

Only mentioning this, because I thought I could escape the Vodafone adverts...

Then went to watch a youtube video, and up pops 'Gaeltacht' advert....

Arrrrgghhhhh!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

The Chill.ie Ads with Jennifer Maguire Nd the gormless idiot with her. Are they supposed to be funny? I just don't get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

They are probably not actors. Probably people selected from some focus group of what SKY imagine GAA fans look/act like. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

That Dairygold micro-volunteering advert. Actually every advert broadcast on behalf of Kerry Foods, Denny, Galtee etc

It’s not even the real Dairygold since Kerry Foods purchased it in 2008. Disgusting Low Low shïte

https://www.flickr.com/photos/stello/4016679859

2007 Galtee sausages were 75% pork
    Galtee ham was Bord Bia Quality Assured 98% pork etc
    The sugar content in both has increased whilst the pork content has reduced considerably too. It’s no wonder the country is in the state it is. T2 diabetes’s epidemic.

Rant over

That Dairygold micro-volunteering advert. Actually every advert broadcast on behalf of Kerry Foods, Denny, Galtee etc

It’s not even the real Dairygold since Kerry Foods purchased it in 2008. Disgusting Low Low shïte

The sugar content in both has increased whilst the pork content has reduced considerably too. It’s no wonder the country is in the state it is. T2 diabetes’s epidemic.

Rant over

That explains so much. Years ago, if sausages went stale or whatever, you'd throw em out to the dog.
    Nowadays, our dogs won't touch them.

Generally speaking, good quality sausages should have 70% pork meat. But outside of butcher sausages, and select brands, you won't find many sausages with that pork content.

And Galtee are generally not nice-Denny's neither.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

jojofizzio wrote: »
    The latest Toyota hybrid car ad..can’t understand what the buck is saying....sounds like “it’s good for when you need to go to the bathroom a lot”

Yer wan in that has a dopey voice who “is making a difference” to the environment.

You could nuke Ireland and it wouldn’t make a difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

I think its been mentioned before but the Ulster Bank mortgage ad with the couch puts me in a bad mood. Smug thirty something couple have been given a couch for their massive new house and its not good enough even for their attic conversion so give it to a charity shop because they have plenty of money to go out buying brand new furniture for their McMansion.

It's really disingenuous for all the people out there struggling to save for deposits, for a teeny weeny place and who if they ever get their own place will be damn glad of a free couch. Between AIB spying on peoples social media and Ulster banks lousy ads part of me wishes for another banking crash.

The fact that the new couch looks far more uncomfortable bugs me as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭Suckler

The Radio ad for boots for Fathers Day. The guy pronounces "taught" as "thought"and I can't help but hear it every time. His accent starts out quite neutral but get more put-on Dublin as it goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

That Dairygold micro-volunteering advert.

Ugh...my bullsh*t buzzword sense is tingling.

Drifter50 wrote: »
    Leave Trivago girl alone, she`s an absolute fox

She's more dingo than fox

• Advertisement

Marty Bird wrote: »
    The extra chewing gum with the lad in his underwear.. Hi I’m Tom and the Dad smiles wtf is that about I know the smile I would give him after catching him in my daughters bedroom.

Dad's been shagging her also - knowing grin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭storker

... The daughter then abandon's her phone, to live amongst the wild, untamed citizens that probably occupy Mordor or wherever she is. And the mam holds the phone to her chest knowing she'll never see her again.

I've got a few questions. How f***ing long did that text take to be sent? Where in damnation did they send her that it took that long?

The message had to be chiseled in stone quarried from the depths of Mount Doom...

She's more dingo than fox

tumblr_m5id3xOZNo1qajc4eo2_250.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Dad's been shagging her also - knowing grin

I'd have gone the other route - Dad fancies a bit of Tom!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Rant over

That explains so much. Years ago, if sausages went stale or whatever, you'd throw em out to the dog.
    Nowadays, our dogs won't touch them.

Generally speaking, good quality sausages should have 70% pork meat. But outside of butcher sausages, and select brands, you won't find many sausages with that pork content.

And Galtee are generally not nice-Denny's neither.

Tesco own brand/Kearns/Granby/Everyday/Oldhausens- all 70% pork.

fussyonion wrote: »
    Tesco own brand/Kearns/Granby/Everyday/Oldhausens- all 70% pork.

Yeah, but they never quite get the flavour right. I have a few brands I like that are 60-70 percent. The spices and herbs are just about right too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭trashcan

That Sky GAA people reacting to the pundits ad is awful, although the woman rolling her eyes at her husband is a slightly amusing moment in it.

Yeah, atrocious. The blandest of comments from the pundits "that was a good kick over the bar there" and people nodding sagely at the TV like they are imparting some great pieces of wisdom. Plus, this is the best thing Sky can say about their GAA coverage ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

I'd have gone the other route - Dad fancies a bit of Tom!
    That was my read on it too. Dad is about to violently sodomize Tom while wearing a sombrero.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The Knoppers (hard K) ad. Everything about it is just so dated and cheap. The product looks totally mank as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Cannot stand that ad (i think its for ulster bank) where son is out for dinner with his father and then pays the bill using his phone. The reaction of the father at the end is so bloody annoying. Smug pr*ck!!

Advertisement