Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I know it's a very worthy message, and my heart goes out to the family concerned; I can't even begin to imagine the grief they are going through on a daily basis. But that road safety ad where little fella loses his life in a RTA caused by a drunk driver is beginning to wear a bit thin at this stage. When did that ad first screen; a couple of years back? And it's back on again now. And it seems to be on in a high proportion of ad breaks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

That precocious annoying little yolk on the Irish milk ad! Fcuk off!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭horseofstone

blueser wrote: »
    Those interminable Lotto ads. "It's the 16th country I've seen them in on this tour jackpat". What the hell is "jackpat"? Is it those two fellas you met down the pub last night, Jack and Pat?

A truly awful advert

• Registered Users Posts: 13,137 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Oh God, Hyundais World Cup effort with Maroon 5 popping up just as a girl is about to get out into traffic.
    Like, what the hell?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Marty Bird wrote: »
    The extra chewing gum with the lad in his underwear.. Hi I’m Tom and the Dad smiles wtf is that about I know the smile I would give him after catching him in my daughters bedroom.

The dad looks like a Russian mafia boss. I'd say he's smiling at the thought of he's going to do to Tom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The man wants to fill his car up at the petrol station but he is afraid his dog will eat his chops for the dinner if he gets out of the car...duh, put the chops in the glovebox you big thick.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Oh the SEAT arona ads make me want to throw the telly out the window. "He said this, she said that...I said seat arona"...bore off with your "off the wall " life choices. Oooh you travelled Route 66 what an original idea....jog on.

The dad looks like a Russian mafia boss. I'd say he's smiling at the thought of he's going to do to Tom.
    That could have more than one meaning!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

flazio wrote: »
    Oh God, Hyundais World Cup effort with Maroon 5 popping up just as a girl is about to get out into traffic.
    Like, what the hell?

It's constantly on. Awful awful awful

• Registered Users Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Fooking vodafone ad with the little brat, it's constantly on

Was just coming on to mention that one.

"mam where did you send me", sounds like mam wanted a few days peace from her whinging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Circle K. Bunch of knobs describing the new brand name.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

What’s the story with the new bank of Ireland ads. The one with the kid and his teddy. I think I know what they are trying to say but really what’s coming across to me is ‘sad kid only has bear in his life as his parents have to leave yet another house due to being unable to get a mortgage.’ Thanks a lot bank of Ireland ye heartless fcukerz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

What’s the story with the new bank of Ireland ads. The one with the kid and his teddy. I think I know what they are trying to say but really what’s coming across to me is ‘sad kid only has bear in his life as his parents have to leave yet another house due to being unable to get a mortgage.’ Thanks a lot bank of Ireland ye heartless fcukerz.

Why oh why did you have to mention Bee oh I? Now I'm going to get that creepy ad with the bear every time I open a new page here.

That Visa contactless card ad with some footballer I had one got rid when I was robbed and empty’s my bank account

Chip and Pin forever

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭sm3ar

That Visa contactless card ad with some footballer I had one got rid when I was robbed and empty’s my bank account

Chip and Pin forever

The AIB ads. Christ they are bad. Full of south Dubs talking ****e “ do you like your new playhouse Dylan” and the token diversity then in the new car one. Even the billboard one is for the rugger south dub brigade “ promised an away match for 8 years” ..painful..we own AIB aswell so we’re paying to advertise to ourselves

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

The latest Special K AD is such sh1te!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Maroon 5 can **** right off

Just seen the latest VF ad (the exchange student one where the gombeen says the French girl has beautiful horses). They've got the market in dreadful ads sewn up, haven't they?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Joe Dog

The Vodafone ad with the French foreign exchange student takes the biscuit.

Unbelievable ****e.

Where the hell the vodafone come up with this life is full of first nonsense as if it relates to mobile phones in the slightest.

When did all this worthiness come into advertising mostly in the past ads tried to get your attention with humour whereas now it seems being really really earnest and caring is the way they want to go.Just a symptom I guess of the way the world has gone in general in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

lertsnim wrote: »
    Maroon 5 can **** right off

Basically all world cup ads at this stage, especially Maroon 5

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Latest Maltesers advert. Lesbian, vegetarian accountants galore.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Came here to post about the Maroon 5 ad, glad to see I'm not the only one that can't stand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

sm3ar wrote: »
    The AIB ads. Christ they are bad. Full of south Dubs talking ****e “ do you like your new playhouse Dylan” and the token diversity then in the new car one. Even the billboard one is for the rugger south dub brigade “ promised an away match for 8 years” ..painful..we own AIB aswell so we’re paying to advertise to ourselves

Mammy's new car, until she misses a payment, then it's bye bye car.

Circle K. Bunch of knobs describing the new brand name.

Circle Jerk would be more like it

madmaggie wrote: »
    The new Bank of Ireland ad. Finger nails dragging on a blackboard would sound better.

Even worse than Maroon five butchering a decent Bob Marley tune in my honest opinion. Banks pretending to be our protectors when they would turf families out in the street in a heartbeat and leave the property rot.

sm3ar wrote: »

The 'proposal' one has to be the most annoying.

"I have an idea love, ill sell one of the most cherished moments of our relationship to the highest bidder.

And the best thing is love, it will look so contrived and fake that it will be hard for the viewer to believe we are a real couple"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

madmaggie wrote: »
    Mammy's new car, until she misses a payment, then it's bye bye car.

Let's go for a ride in our NEW CAR

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,137 ✭✭✭✭flazio

To be fair, you'd only know it's an older model Quasqai if you've owned or been in one yourself.
    Banks are too easy targets around here. They could produce the advert of the year and people will still give out because of the impersonal nature of business they're in.

Advertisement