Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

duridian wrote: »
    A fringe please!

Oh God, yes-and she looks worse with the fringe than before...

...and I've no hair, but even I know what looks bad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Every Eir ad, just fook off!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Another music massacre, this time the ESB slit Van Morrison's throat and shit all over bright side of the road.

Tis worse than 2016!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭acai berry

Forgive me if it's been said already -

Haribo Sweets Kids Voices Ads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf056MDscws

Drive me mad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

acai berry wrote: »
    Forgive me if it's been said already -

Haribo Sweets Kids Voices Ads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf056MDscws

Drive me mad!

Think they'd be in a top ten list if anyone was to make one.

Bad as they were adding the kids speaking with adult voices makes them even worse.

Definitely need to be poised ready with the remote control when they come on.

• Advertisement

I don't despise this, but it does leave me feeling a bit off kilter every time I hear it.

Bank of Ireland Song: Wherever You Go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce0z9cTXao4

I'm not a musical expert but IMO, there's something about this song that doesn't hang together. The way the melody jumps around and the guitar accompaniment, don't seem to gel together. I know it involves syncopation ["syncopation is a general term for "a disturbance or interruption of the regular flow of rhythm" according to wikipedia"] but I find it vaguely disturbing.

Apart from the song, I find the advert quite pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

That denny ad with the girl getting a fringe. Was the fringe supposed to be a hatchet job?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

acai berry wrote: »
    I don't despise this, but it does leave me feeling a bit off kilter every time I hear it.

Bank of Ireland Song: Wherever You Go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce0z9cTXao4

I'm not a musical expert but IMO, there's something about this song that doesn't hang together. The way the melody jumps around and the guitar accompaniment, don't seem to gel together. I know it involves syncopation ["syncopation is a general term for "a disturbance or interruption of the regular flow of rhythm" according to wikipedia"] but I find it vaguely disturbing.

Apart from the song, I find the advert quite pleasant.

It's a cover, and I use the term loosely, of the Genesis song Follow you, follow me.

This is what it sounds like before she put it in a blender.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9zj11gf9Qk

• Registered Users Posts: 16,135 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The overuse of ads surely just annoys people rather than endear them to a product ?
    A case in hand is the terribly sad RSA add with the family who lost their little boy in a crash . Its on so often that sadly it has very little effect anymore . Where if it was shown once in a blue moon its effect would be far bigger

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

The dad in the VW Polo ad bears an unfortunate resemblance to Dustin Hoffman

• Advertisement

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    It's a cover, and I use the term loosely, of the Genesis song Follow you, follow me.

This is what it sounds like before she put it in a blender.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9zj11gf9Qk

That's very helpful, Gen.Zhukov. I didn't know that song, but now I know for sure that the BOI version is a bit of a travesty compared to the real thing. The Genesis version flows, even though it's very complicated, musically, and doesn't jump around like the BOI version. Thank you. :D

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    The overuse of ads surely just annoys people rather than endear them to a product ?
    A case in hand is the terribly sad RSA add with the family who lost their little boy in a crash . Its on so often that sadly it has very little effect anymore . Where if it was shown once in a blue moon its effect would be far bigger

That's one, where I reach for the zapper in order to silence it. Especiallly where the "nurse" is saying: "I never again want to experience putting a dead baby into his mother's arms". (words to that effect}. She's tryng to express a suitable emotion, but the way she puts unnatural gaps between the words makes it obvious she's acting or at least trying to act, and making a terribly bad job of it. It reminds me of the series "Faking It" where they have examples of people, who have committed crimes, showing that they are lying. One indication of lying is - stopping and starting at inappropriate parts of the sentence. Painful to listen to - for all the wrong reasons!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The ad for kitchen paper where the gom of a man is wasting yards of the stuff, along with leaving the fridge open and wasting tin foil. Lucky for him he has such a smart wife. Reverse the roles and hear the outcry.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Going by those toothpaste ads, the price you have to pay for having immaculate teeth is that you're a complete thicko.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Agreed. I reach for the remote whenever that ad comes on. Less can be more. Just about all those RSA ads have been aired to extremes. The bloke texting, the mother looking behind her. I doubt there's anyone in the country who hasn't seen them at this stage. Several times.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The touchy feely Facebook ad. They spent years makng a mint by selling your private info, and now all of a sudden they are gong to be your best friend. Pull the other one Zuckerberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Trilla90

The axa insurance radio ad were the axa woman is showing concern for a bird in a tree and a little girl with an annoying voice says "birds are people too". Awful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The AIB club and county ad. OK the first couple of times, but annoying now.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

flazio wrote: »
    Let's try this.
    https://bit.ly/2KSXVlE
    The visual and aural terrorism

Hahaha, so eloquently put!

That series for some UK lottery, one has a black guy rapping and another with "winners" giving gushing testimonies and this headwrecking chant that goes "there's someone at the door" or something like that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

That series for some UK lottery, one has a black guy rapping and another with "winners" giving gushing testing testimonies and this headwrecking chant that goes "there's someone at the door" or something like that

Ah you mean the postcode lottery where they prove that even ugly people can win prizes.

my3cents wrote: »
    Ah you mean the postcode lottery where they prove that even ugly people can win prizes.

Yes, that's the one. Couldn't think of what it was called.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭horseofstone

That toyota hybrid ad with yer man telling us "that's the price of a holiday", the dry bollax.

Also that spar ad with seamus coleman telling us he made the better choice is so cringeworthy.and he coming with his apple and water.get a life spar people

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

That toyota hybrid ad with yer man telling us "that's the price of a holiday", the dry bollax.

Also that spar ad with seamus coleman telling us he made the better choice is so cringeworthy.and he coming with his apple and water.get a life spar people

Worst acting ever.

"I could have stayed in bed"

Then he comes out of Spar and pretends to jog away. It's so bad it looks purposelly bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Worst acting ever.

"I could have stayed in bed"

Then he comes out of Spar and pretends to jog away. It's so bad it looks purposelly bad.

Yeah he comes across as a bell end. He never shopped at spar his whole life.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

There must be nobody buying tickets for the European Para Swimming Championships. It must be due to the awful annoying advert that they are spamming television viewers with.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

lertsnim wrote: »
    There must be nobody buying tickets for the European Para Swimming Championships. It must be due to the awful annoying advert that they are spamming television viewers with.

IT'S GOING TO BE AMAZING!!!

Alright love, it's not me who's deaf...

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Omackeral wrote: »
    IT'S GOING TO BE AMAZING!!!

Alright love, it's not me who's deaf...

Anyone know what kind of accent it is? Is this how kids sound nowadays? Is this what trendy apps have turned them into??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Jamie Oliver in the fridge.
    Nearly as bad as the time Bertie was in the closet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Jamie Oliver in the fridge.
    Nearly as bad as the time Bertie was in the closet.

Out of context, that last line is hilarious. :D

Advertisement