Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

To be honest Eir, I don't care how often Cormac and his fiancee Katya come together
    Now now; Katja is damn nice. Coming together with her would be a pleasure.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

5555555555 wrote: »
    New Twirl ads

Imagine if the genders were reversed

what if they were reversed?, the ads would be just as stupid & cringeworthingly contrived.

I cannot imagine anybody having an issue if genders were reversed, unless its some twirl ad I missed.

If they were reversed there would probably be less issue, as in many ads these days the man is made out to be the clueless moron, people are used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Bit puzzled by it, is she meant to be on the spectrum?

It has so many problems on so many levels. They look like an inbred sister and brother. Its not quirky or zany as they more likely hoped it to be. It creeps me out so much, every time I see it I cringe and want to stick my head in a pool of hot lava.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

http://creativity-online.com/work/cadbury-coast/55018
    Cadbury attempts to inject some offbeat mystique into its Twirl chocolate brand in a new U.K. campaign that reminds us more of an indy teen film than the Cadbury brand's previous all-singing, all-dancing approach.

Two TV ads, directed by James Rouse of Outsider for agency VCCP, see a boy and a girl in a grey British seaside town having a low-key conversations about Cadbury's Twirl. In one ad, seen here, they're seated in a dilapidated shelter while the girl muses on the "weird" that the curls and twirls in the product and reckons it's because they're made by wizards.

In another spot, the girl (who definitely has an air of the Luna Lovegoods about her, for Harry Potter fans), wonders if the person who made crop circles is also responsible for the Twirl. The TV campaign will extend into social, digital and content across an 11 week campaign, with Cadbury saying fans will be "immersed" into the world of the two teens (whose names are Myles and Sarah.)

According to Cadbury, the new creative aims to bring in a new younger shopper (16-25) as well as retaining the core singles audience (25-44. for the Twirl brand. Richard Weisinger, senior brand manager for Cadbury Singles, says: "This year we are going in a new direction with our campaign for Cadbury Twirl. Our ambition is to encourage our fans to take some time out, let their mind wander and ponder those lifelong questions; like 'who makes crops circles?' or 'what makes a Twirl so twirly?' We want to get the nation talking about Cadbury Twirl and asking themselves who makes them?"

Agency VCCP won the Cadbury account a year ago, taking over from Fallon; its other work so far has included a campaign focusing on kindness for Dairy Milk. Darren Bailes, executive creative director, comments: "We are really proud of this work...the next step on our Cadbury journey. It's so unusual, so simple and so charming, all at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Even though i hope its not the case, I'd imagine they got complaints for mocking the other lad by sarcastically making him out to be some type of retard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Some desperate ads on Eurosport over the years but this has to be the worse. The "actors" probably had dreams of Hollywood & stardom at some stage in their lives

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭trashcan

rubadub wrote: »

What a load of pretentious ****. These people get paid for that kind of nonsense ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Think I'll stick with the drumming gorilla and the dancing clothes.

I'll still eat Twirls, mind. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

Somebody’s knocking at the do-or, somebody’s ringing the bell...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Apple ad where the man or woman sings 'let me tell you a story about an artist growing old' in a horribly croaky 40 a day voice.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Somebody’s knocking at the do-or, somebody’s ringing the bell...

Jesus I hate that one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Apple ad where the man or woman sings 'let me tell you a story about an artist growing old' in a horribly croaky 40 a day voice.

Thank **** for the mute button

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Apple's adverts have become increasingly irritating...like, how do you go from the genius of these.

To the absolute crap that they're pouring out now?
    (The 'What's a computer?' advert, among others. )

Just show the darn product, put a funky tune on in the background, and boom, done.

Don't be a pretentious w@nk€r.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

It looks like there's two ads for the twirl. One with the wizards and one with the crop circles.

And yeah, in the crop circles one the guy is made to look like an idiot with the girl takes the piss out of him. I could definitely see it getting complaints the other way around.

Girl says same people who made crop circles make twirls.

Man says it's a lot of work for one person.

Girl says condescendingly 'don't be so literal'

And the man says sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

GAA ads.

I love GAA, but jeaysus christ, why do they have to keep bombarding us with #wearehurling or all the warrior/feeling alive/heart of the community/it's in our blood nonsense.

"People, family, community. We are bound together. Guinness."

Especially during a match. Every single person watching the All Ireland semi final now knows what they're watching. And every single Galway or Clare fan is thinking I want to win this f*ckin thing to make the final, and if we win that, we're the best team in the country. So F the rest of yis.

Not one is thinking, God, I hope we win this in honour of the generations of Irish people who came before.

Edit: Or, more to the point I hope we win this, it would mean so much down in our local Centra.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    GAA ads.

I love GAA, but jeaysus christ, why do they have to keep bombarding us with #wearehurling or all the warrior/feeling alive/heart of the community/it's in our blood nonsense.

Especially during a match. Every single person watching the All Ireland semi final now knows what they're watching. And every single Galway or Clare fan is thinking I want to win this f*ckin thing to make the final, and if we win that, we're the best team in the country. So F the rest of yis.

Not one is thinking, God, I hope we win this in honour of the generations of Irish people who came before.

Edit: Or, more to the point I hope we win this, it would mean so much down in our local Centra.

'We are Hurling' sounds far too much like the 'We are the liooooonnns, we are the choooossseeennn' Pepsi advert slogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

All those stupid arty black and white perfume ads with a man and woman talking ****e and sounding like they are stoned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Possibly already mentioned back along?
    The mcDonalds ad with the teenage guy...why are his lips a deeply isturbing shade of dark pink.....very distracting and hugely annoying for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    GAA ads.

No matter what company is sponsoring the GAA this is the schtick that they all put out. At the moment it is Centra doing it but before that weve had Allianz and AIB. There is also something a bit off about large banks and insurance companies piggybacking on the volunteerism of the GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Mac 3

Muahahaha wrote: »
    No matter what company is sponsoring the GAA this is the schtick that they all put out. At the moment it is Centra doing it but before that weve had Allianz and AIB. There is also something a bit off about large banks and insurance companies piggybacking on the volunteerism of the GAA.

That latest one from AIB is desperate. (The video game one)

• Advertisement

Mac 3 wrote: »
    That latest one from AIB is desperate. (The video game one)

Initially I liked it, it is very well made-and then you have 'Coppers' and the usual tropes and irritants...
    It's the content that bugs the sh**e out of me. Be original advert people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

That Ulster bank ad where the dad and son are going for dinner. You can cut the sexual tension with a knife!

I have a couple of gripes with this ad.

For one, it's disturbing that it comes across the father and son are on some kind of date. "You're looking well" says the son to the dad, the dad going flush in the face - "all down to your mother.."

But notwithstanding the fact that it looks like the two want to partake in reciprocal rimjobs, the second gripe I have is the hand grab by the dad to notify his son they have a deal that he doesn't pay. "I'm just going to the jacks" he says.

My question is: Why is he bringing his wallet to the toilet? It goes against the whole point of the ad that he is using his phone to pay for the meal.

He's brought his wallet to the jacks so he could pay using his card anyways. So in fact there is no efficiency.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Pussyhands wrote: »
    That Ulster bank ad where the dad and son are going for dinner. You can cut the sexual tension with a knife!

I have a couple of gripes with this ad.

For one, it's disturbing that it comes across the father and son are on some kind of date. "You're looking well" says the son to the dad, the dad going flush in the face - "all down to your mother.."

But notwithstanding the fact that it looks like the two want to partake in reciprocal rimjobs, the second gripe I have is the hand grab by the dad to notify his son they have a deal that he doesn't pay. "I'm just going to the jacks" he says.

My question is: Why is he bringing his wallet to the toilet? It goes against the whole point of the ad that he is using his phone to pay for the meal.

He's brought his wallet to the jacks so he could pay using his card anyways. So in fact there is no efficiency.

I just think the dad looks like a psychopath. There's some kind of Larry Murphy or Graham Dwyer vibe off him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Specsavers hearing test ad where yer man is in the Artic or Antartica. If he is in such a cold place, why does he have a fridge?

madmaggie wrote: »
    The Specsavers hearing test ad where yer man is in the Artic or Antartica. If he is in such a cold place, why does he have a fridge?

Because a Fridge will keep food at a regular temperature. Food out in the frozen Tundra will not only be frozen rock solid, but it will also be unusable-like ice can burn stuff, similar to fire. That food put out in sub zero temperatures would be unusable.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,135 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I just think the dad looks like a psychopath. There's some kind of Larry Murphy or Graham Dwyer vibe off him.

And the Dad acts like the son has paid his mortgage and bought him a 6 week cruise . Its only a bloody dinner !

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    And the Dad acts like the son has paid his mortgage and bought him a 6 week cruise . Its only a bloody dinner !

And he could have paid in cash at any time over the course of his life.

Load of absolute b*llocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,232 ✭✭✭plodder

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Vodaphone

Bonjour
    Bonjour

Shown Over and over and over and over until I hate them all
    No ad can survive the over exposure that this one is getting. My OH is largely impervious to ads, but is starting to wince at it.

I also just noticed it has subtitles, (or were they they always in it?). Having to explain the joke like that deflects a bit from the campaign's vibe of being there for all the family's little moments..

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

plodder wrote: »
    No ad can survive the over exposure that this one is getting. My OH is largely impervious to ads, but is starting to wince at it.

I also just noticed it has subtitles, (or were they they always in it?). Having to explain the joke like that deflects a bit from the campaign's vibe of being there for all the family's little moments..

That’s the bit I hate the most about that ad. The pronunciation of the two French words are so similar that you would be fairly proficient at French if you realised your mistake. It would be like a non English speaker making a mistake with Pacific/specific and correcting themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,232 ✭✭✭plodder

That’s the bit I hate the most about that ad. The pronunciation of the two French words are so similar that you would be fairly proficient at French if you realised your mistake. It would be like a non English speaker making a mistake with Pacific/specific and correcting themselves.
    Maybe they fecked up when shooting it. He pronounces the two words exactly the same as far as I can tell. So, why is he correcting himself?

Advertisement