Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

All those stupid arty black and white perfume ads with a man and woman talking ****e and sounding like they are stoned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TioGP9mWahA

"Pretention" by Fry and Laurie - hilarious!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭hawkwing

plodder wrote: »
    Maybe they fecked up when shooting it. He pronounces the two words exactly the same as far as I can tell. So, why is he correcting himself?
    Why didn't she give him something he could use like a pair of socks or an underpants,a bracelet fsake:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,232 ✭✭✭plodder

hawkwing wrote: »
    Why didn't she give him something he could use like a pair of socks or an underpants,a bracelet fsake:confused:
    or a riding whip.. (I don't think it was a bracelet actually :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭hawkwing

plodder wrote: »
    or a riding whip.. (I don't think it was a bracelet actually :) )
    Someone said it was but i'm not sure either..maybe it was a piece of spare elastic for his underpants,all is forgiven and merci for the beautiful and useful gift Claudette :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Because a Fridge will keep food at a regular temperature. Food out in the frozen Tundra will not only be frozen rock solid, but it will also be unusable-like ice can burn stuff, similar to fire. That food put out in sub zero temperatures would be unusable.

Is that you Bear Grylls :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Is that you Bear Grylls :pac:

Biggest seller in the Alaska Centra.

(Please note PS is thick at geography and this may not be accurate!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

The Extra chewing gum ad with little dirty Tom the annoying little fcúker.

I think they messed up the aul lads "impressed" smiling expression. It looks more like he knows he's hammering the arse of young Tom later that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

The Extra chewing gum ad with little dirty Tom the annoying little fcúker.

I think they messed up the aul lads "impressed" smiling expression. It looks more like he knows he's hammering the arse of young Tom later that night.

Yes these sterotyping ads really are past their sell by date now.

"protective dad doesn't like boy near his daughter"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Rockshore lager have anew ad where the volume of the music is about 3 times louder than other normal ads. Very annoying late at night when it suddenly starts blaring out of the speakers.
    One more reason why I will never drink that horse urine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

I'm really absolutely sick of those Flash ads.

Not only are they on the telly non-stop, I have to listen to people at work raving about them.
    I must be the only one who doesn't find them one bit funny but truly annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

When different ads use the same music. Whenever the Laya ad comes on all I hear is " check a trade, check a trade.com."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

The twirl advert is growing on me-I think it's the girls chipper attitude or something but she's kind of winning me over.

It's strange. I should hate it by now, but I kind of went from hating it to liking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

I just found this on RTE Player, and I thought something about it seemed a bit... Nazi?

https://player.vimeo.com/video/250163479

It's probably my imagination. It's not like any of the products shown are covered in swastikas or anything! (It might be the singing tho.)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭blazard

love the ad with the parents dancing with their babies in front, makes everyone smile

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

blazard wrote: »
    love the ad with the parents dancing with their babies in front, makes everyone smile

You're in the wrong thread, Bub. Only misery permitted here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭blazard

i love that film too:)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭elvis83

I just found this on RTE Player, and I thought something about it seemed a bit... Nazi?

https://player.vimeo.com/video/250163479

It's probably my imagination. It's not like any of the products shown are covered in swastikas or anything! (It might be the singing tho.)

There's definite swastikas in those blinds

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

elvis83 wrote: »
    There's definite swastikas in those blinds

*WHOOSH*

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭elvis83

*WHOOSH*

:rolleyes:

Confirmed. I'm an idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

The swastika *was* considered a good symbol before Hitler came to power:

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-29644591

Apple's adverts have become increasingly irritating...like, how do you go from the genius of these.

To the absolute crap that they're pouring out now?
    (The 'What's a computer?' advert, among others. )

Just show the darn product, put a funky tune on in the background, and boom, done.

Don't be a pretentious w@nk€r.

Sure do like the one at 17:33... if only because I love The Bird and The Bee. :o:D:);) :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

That Sixt ( care hire firm) ad on some of the UK channels where the woman phones her dad to say "Dad, it's triplets!". Dad then closes the lid on his flip phone and says "that's nothing, I've just rented....." while laughing manically, while his daughter is listening to him down the phone...

Now, my memories of mobiles with flip lids are that when you close the lid, the call is terminated. So how is she still hearing him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I'd love to agree with you but that ad is so bad there is no way I'll be subjecting myself to even a few seconds of the youtube video.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,337 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I see Aldi have a couple of "family saving" ads where the Dad is portrayed as unreliable/childish.

One is scoffing cake on the sly when the family are meant to be heading off, the other is on a zip-line when they are meant to be having lunch together.

Idiot men!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I see Aldi have a couple of "family saving" ads where the Dad is portrayed as unreliable/childish.

One is scoffing cake on the sly when the family are meant to be heading off, the other is on a zip-line when they are meant to be having lunch together.

Idiot men!

DONAL!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Those Club Zero ads, with your man "casting a spell" (is it?). Thank God for the Mute button. Also, those Lotto ads; "Donal's bought an island for Ireland". All the money they're raking in and they can't do better than that?

blueser wrote: »
    That Sixt ( care hire firm) ad on some of the UK channels where the woman phones her dad to say "Dad, it's triplets!". Dad then closes the lid on his flip phone and says "that's nothing, I've just rented....." while laughing manically, while his daughter is listening to him down the phone...

Now, my memories of mobiles with flip lids are that when you close the lid, the call is terminated. So how is she still hearing him?
    I don't think she is hearing him after he hung up. His laughing is played over the hospital scene though, maybe an editing mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Pussyhands wrote: »
    That Ulster bank ad where the dad and son are going for dinner. You can cut the sexual tension with a knife!

I have a couple of gripes with this ad.

For one, it's disturbing that it comes across the father and son are on some kind of date. "You're looking well" says the son to the dad, the dad going flush in the face - "all down to your mother.."

But notwithstanding the fact that it looks like the two want to partake in reciprocal rimjobs, the second gripe I have is the hand grab by the dad to notify his son they have a deal that he doesn't pay. "I'm just going to the jacks" he says.

My question is: Why is he bringing his wallet to the toilet? It goes against the whole point of the ad that he is using his phone to pay for the meal.

He's brought his wallet to the jacks so he could pay using his card anyways. So in fact there is no efficiency.

:D:D:D:D

Royal Navy ad recruiting for cannon fodder; if you can fix a bike then you can fix a car...:rolleyes:. Eh right, if it is so easy as that why are all the mechanics not on the breadline?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Royal Navy ad recruiting for cannon fodder; if you can fix a bike then you can fix a car...:rolleyes:. Eh right, if it is so easy as that why are all the mechanics not on the breadline?

Actually repairs are done by civilian contractors. At best fixing really means maintaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

New Eir ad about a secret gig. Oh, just so hip. Oh play that groovy music, we are hip. Knobs. Bring back I lost three wheels.

Advertisement