Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

New Eir ad about a secret gig. Oh, just so hip. Oh play that groovy music, we are hip. Knobs. Bring back I lost three wheels.

Especially in the recent news of the Irish broadband scheme essentially collapsing.

Most folks can't even open up facebook on some of the terrible connections they get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

We are centra.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,179 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

That new Trocaire ad about Betty's story.
    Goes on about the daily hardship she has in whatever part if the world she is in (presumably Africa) and asking for donations.
    Then...down the end of the screen, the astrix and disclaimer that Betty 's name has been changed to protect her identity.

Like wtf?!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

That new Trocaire ad about Betty's story.
    Goes on about the daily hardship she has in whatever part if the world she is in (presumably Africa) and asking for donations.
    Then...down the end of the screen, the astrix and disclaimer that Betty 's name has been changed to protect her identity.

Like wtf?!

Like as if it wasn’t obvious to the blind that Betty’s name wasn’t actually “Betty”....unless she’s the Betty that was the subject of a song c.1990??

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Like as if it was t obvious to the blind that Betty’s name wasn’t actually “Betty”....unless she’s the Betty that was the subject of a song c.1990??

Like anyone in Ireland is going to go 'Oh..that Betty..gosh, I didn't realise she was hard up and needed our money.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,137 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Let's not forget they're using that dirty trick of getting you to text that number thinking you're giving €4 of your credit /phone bill on a one off. Nope, you're just giving them your number so that a call centre can chug you over the phone for your bank details.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The sofa ads with Owen Wilson are diabolical BUT I have seen the worst ad of the year so far.

It's for FarmFoods and it features the Hoff and his real-life Welsh wife and they're all eating dinner; food from FarmFoods, obviously.
    It takes cringe to a whole new level.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I see that MacD's ad with the two women stuck in the lift is back. Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Royal Navy ad recruiting for cannon fodder; if you can fix a bike then you can fix a car...:rolleyes:. Eh right, if it is so easy as that why are all the mechanics not on the breadline?

You should hear the ads on British radio for Army/Navy recruitments, it's basically a "your life is shít, come join the army".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

Don't know of it's been mentioned but just had a WTF moment when I saw the new Lyons tea ad... It's the new Vodafone "thanks dad" ad!! Basically, little boy gets dropped home by dad's girlfriend and smug mam eventually invites her in for a cup of tea... It's done in a voiceover fashion with her talking to a friend and it ends with the line 'still wouldn't be going to their wedding though'...awful ad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

jellybear wrote: »
    Don't know of it's been mentioned but just had a WTF moment when I saw the new Lyons tea ad... It's the new Vodafone "thanks dad" ad!! Basically, little boy gets dropped home by dad's girlfriend and smug mam eventually invites her in for a cup of tea... It's done in a voiceover fashion with her talking to a friend and it ends with the line 'still wouldn't be going to their wedding though'...awful ad!
    It's dreadful.

The virgin media ad with Usain Bolt is so annoying. I change channels as soon as it comes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The virgin media ad with Usain Bolt is so annoying. I change channels as soon as it comes on.

what sickens me is I expect I will be getting another "dear virgin customer, your sub has gone up another fiver, partly since we squandered so much on overpaying some cnut who can run fast to appear in our advert"

As though people with sky subs are going to go "hold one a minute, cancel that crap, I'm switching to virgin"

We are centra.

He sounds like a robot, imagine him saying we are centron instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,135 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Just when I thought the stupid ad with the son buying his dad dinner had died a death up it pops again . Awful stupid OTT reaction to buying a bloody dinner

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Just when I thought the stupid ad with the son buying his dad dinner had died a death up it pops again . Awful stupid OTT reaction to buying a bloody dinner

I get violent thoughts towards both of them..
    There's a good post a few pages back suggesting that they were on an incest date and since reading that, I can now look at it breaking my ass laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,135 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I get violent thoughts towards both of them..
    There's a good post a few pages back suggesting that they were on an incest date and since reading that, I can now look at it breaking my ass laughing.

They are both as bad as each other ! God almighty its only a dinner . The carry on of the pair of them is cringy .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

They are both as bad as each other ! God almighty its only a dinner . The carry on of the pair of them is cringy .

It sort of looks like two serial killers planning their next murder...

'The mother' has been quietly disposed of...in a bog. So the 'dinner date' is a 'we-can't-human' way of creating an alibi. Psychopaths and Sociopaths are notoriously unable to act human.

It's like an Irish Dexter, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

The ad that fills me with rage at the moment is the one with the two gob****es hulking the couch around. The woman has huge teeth that make her look like a rabbit and when she says "yah it's gud" I want to scream. They end up putting what looks like a very comfortable couch in a second hand shop window. Then they replace it with a disgusting dark grey couch that a 3 year old would struggle to be comfortable on.
    She also says "Me either". Grr. How did that get past quality control?
    Who am I kidding? Quality control...?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,534 ✭✭✭brevity

The Mama Mia trail that's sponsoring movies on RTE.
    Its on before every ad break and after the ad break.

"Come on girls!"

Shut up. Shut up. SHUT UP!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

It sort of looks like two serial killers planning their next murder...

'The mother' has been quietly disposed of...in a bog. So the 'dinner date' is a 'we-can't-human' way of creating an alibi. Psychopaths and Sociopaths are notoriously unable to act human.

It's like an Irish Dexter, tbh.

The dad has deffo murdered someone at some point. He comes across like a right evil b@stard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭trashcan

It's poor old Maria I feel sorry for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

The new animated one is amazing, they have some guy putting on a Jamaican accent voicing cartoon Usain bolt.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

Does anybody else find Claudia Winkleman really bloody annoying, especially when she is on 9 out of 10 cats does Countdown, anyway she is on a Head and Shoulders ad now ****e-ing on as usual, its part of that series of H&S ads with the celebrity hairdressers selling their souls, Head and Shoulders Prestige or some guff like that, it smells good now so it must brilliant. Feck Off!

rubadub wrote: »
    what sickens me is I expect I will be getting another "dear virgin customer, your sub has gone up another fiver, partly since we squandered so much on overpaying some cnut who can run fast to appear in our advert"

As though people with sky subs are going to go "hold one a minute, cancel that crap, I'm switching to virgin"

Instead of paying Usain they should have paid UKTV for two fairly popular tv channels that they recently axed. What a setup, you sign up for a 2 year contract for a suite of channels and VM reserve the right to drop channels from the suite as they see fit and you have no comeback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Does anybody else find Claudia Winkleman really bloody annoying, especially when she is on 9 out of 10 cats does Countdown, anyway she is on a Head and Shoulders ad now ****e-ing on as usual, its part of that series of H&S ads with the celebrity hairdressers selling their souls, Head and Shoulders Prestige or some guff like that, it smells good now so it must brilliant. Feck Off!

Ahh "Head and Shoulders", I still can't hear the words without thinking of that 1983 bad taste joke that involved a beach :o I now start to wish the joke could include Claudia Winkleman.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,802 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Is that a spin off of 8 out of 10 cats does countdown, with one more cat?

I agree she is useless and she looks like she has stuck her face in a bucket of makeup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Well I think Claudia's great - TV would be poorer without her. I'd say the same about Davina McCall, too. :D;)

I've never been a fan of *any* of Virgin Media's ads, let alone the current one with Usain Bolt. VM aren't exactly covering themselves in glory at the minute with their dispute with UKTV - and I still can't see their rebrand of TV3 succeeding.

razorblunt wrote: »
    You should hear the ads on British radio for Army/Navy recruitments, it's basically a "your life is shít, come join the army".

"You'll be the hero of the neighbourhood, nobody knows that you left for good..."

I've never been a fan of *any* of Virgin Media's ads, let alone the current one with Usain Bolt. VM aren't exactly covering themselves in glory at the minute with their dispute with UKTV - and I still can't see their rebrand of TV3 succeeding.

Gold and Dave are back!, fair play VM, probably could have handled it better though.:):rolleyes::o:eek::D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭ouxbbkqtswdfaw

The guy in the McDonald's ad using two hands to hold his burger. Two hands necessary because the burger is so big.

Advertisement