Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

For tea I think.
    The new woman drops a mother's young son back after the weekend. It was supposed to be the father, this is the first time Mammy has met the new (younger) woman so it's totes awkward.
    Rather than clearing off with as little interaction as possible which is what any normal person would do, the new woman says 'oh, he wanted me to come in and see his new dinosaur'. If I was Mammy I would be inserting said dinosaur straight up Blondies hoop...and it would be a stegasaurus for good measure!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 80 ✭✭KevW24601

There was a similar thread in another forum where I answered was that French exchange Vodafone ad. :P

The "sickly sour" sweet vibe and just the plain overexposure, to where there's wall posters up about it in streets so it's more than just seeing the thing on TV now. Pity 'cause that piano music is rather nice.

As for what other ads... I feel bad criticising this one but that drink driving one about the young kid that died and the people, family and medical personnel are narrating about it, some of the line-delivery on that is very Fair City-esque, it takes me out of what they are trying to convey unfortunately :/

And back to another lighthearted one, that chewing gum one where the parents come home and meet the boyfriend. Like, 98% of these ads are based on hook-up themes, it gets stale. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

I'm sure it's been mentioned here before but that Smithwicks ad claiming empathy with home brewers is so annoying. The schtick is so bloody false you can imagine the ad guy sniggering into his sleeve as he wrote it. "Just like you we're in it for the love of it". NO YOU'RE NOT FFS, YA BIG POXY MULTINATIONAL BREWERY GROUP!! Go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

ollaetta wrote: »
    I'm sure it's been mentioned here before but that Smithwicks ad claiming empathy with home brewers is so annoying. The schtick is so bloody false you can imagine the ad guy sniggering into his sleeve as he wrote it. "Just like you we're in it for the love of it". NO YOU'RE NOT FFS, YA BIG POXY MULTINATIONAL BREWERY GROUP!! Go away.

Or 'when somebody tells you 'that's a cracking pint'...'. I've yet to hear anyone in this country use that particular expression to describe a pint of anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

For tea I think.
    The new woman drops a mother's young son back after the weekend. It was supposed to be the father, this is the first time Mammy has met the new (younger) woman so it's totes awkward.
    Rather than clearing off with as little interaction as possible which is what any normal person would do, the new woman says 'oh, he wanted me to come in and see his new dinosaur'. If I was Mammy I would be inserting said dinosaur straight up Blondies hoop...and it would be a stegasaurus for good measure!

Yeah, you're sitting there like 'oh boy, there's the woman he was cheating with while the woman he had a kid with was being ripped from her V to her A during childbirth'. It's all very insulting and stupid. I would argue 1 in 4 women don't get along with their ex's new girlfriend/ wife.
    And tea will not make it any better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Yes, they love it so much they closed down the Smithwicks brewery in Kilkenny.

Oh conkers! The only thing they care about is their bottom line. If they are really in it for the love of it why not buck the trend and reduce the price of a pint to help their beloved customers who are feeling the pinch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Yeah, you're sitting there like 'oh boy, there's the woman he was cheating with while the woman he had a kid with was being ripped from her V to her A during childbirth'. It's all very insulting and stupid. I would argue 1 in 4 women don't get along with their ex's new girlfriend/ wife.
    And tea will not make it any better.

No inference that he was cheating is there? It's a shi*e ad all the same

optogirl wrote: »
    No inference that he was cheating is there? It's a shi*e ad all the same

Looking at the age of the kid, and knowing how young the new girlfriend is, it's the only conclusion I could draw from it.

It's cold as ice when you look at it-dude ditching the wife/ partner, with his young kid, for a younger woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Does anybody else find Claudia Winkleman really bloody annoying, especially when she is on 9 out of 10 cats does Countdown, anyway she is on a Head and Shoulders ad now ****e-ing on as usual, its part of that series of H&S ads with the celebrity hairdressers selling their souls, Head and Shoulders Prestige or some guff like that, it smells good now so it must brilliant. Feck Off!

I find the use of the word delicious to describe smell weird too. Maybe that's just me.

I also hate these "This isn't really and ad I'm actually just being recorded on camera" ads the worst.

• Advertisement

Pussyhands wrote: »
    I find the use of the word delicious to describe smell weird too. Maybe that's just me.

I also hate these "This isn't really and ad I'm actually just being recorded on camera" ads the worst.

I have to admire the advert from a year or two ago that was honest-with it's 'this is just mumbo jumbo' etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I don't despise this advert, but didn't know where else to post this.

The ad starts with the guy in the barbers chair realising he may have walked into the wrong barbers, all old men etc.
    Fast forward to the end of the advert it is obvious it isn't in Ireland or they're all in the wrong shop :eek::pac:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuqEdr-lrDQ

Stupid alexa ads where the pet owner walks in to see that the pet has made an almighty mess with tissues, flour etc and they sort of go ho-hum and order more tissues via alexa. I think most pet owners would shout 'gedourradat ya little sh#t' istead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Niles Crane

For tea I think.

Maybe I'm a bit thick but I only worked out after seeing this ad about 30 times that the red haired woman was getting married to the childs father.I always assumed she was just another mother on the school run.

They really could have made that part of the ad more straight forward as it explains at least why there might be some tension between the 2 women and why Lyons is great for getting rid of that tension.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

The ad for brendan o connors show is pretty odd. Sounds like he's in some cheesy Italian mafia movie.

Jazz music playing while he's sitting in a chair in the dark... 'just me, my guest..... And maybe.. A little truth...'

All he's missing is a cigarette and smoky room and a poker table. Should have filmed it in black and white too...

Pussyhands wrote: »
    The ad for brendan o connors show is pretty odd. Sounds like he's in some cheesy Italian mafia movie.

Jazz music playing while he's sitting in a chair in the dark... 'just me, my guest..... And maybe.. A little truth...'

All he's missing is a cigarette and smoky room and a poker table. Should have filmed it in black and white too...

He's starting to look more and more like 'the guy who's just out of jail, after doing a 10-15 year stint for someone like the mob', and is trying to stay clean. But you know he's gonna return back to the gang and mob mentality.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭brookers

Hi everybody, I find the milupa ad very distressing. The way they man handle the babies i think is terrible, they are not puppets or plastic dolls, is there any way i can do something about it, i find it a bit abusive and the babies dont look like they are liking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭chosen1

brookers wrote: »
    Hi everybody, I find the milupa ad very distressing. The way they man handle the babies i think is terrible, they are not puppets or plastic dolls, is there any way i can do something about it, i find it a bit abusive and the babies dont look like they are liking it.

https://youtu.be/KiQNxuXINi4
    This one? With the smiling babies?

Think yours and my definition of abusive is very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,135 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

They look like they are loving it actually ! We danced like that with our granddaughter and she loved it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

The Pringles ad where the girl litters the beach with the Pringles tube lid, she pops the lid off and just lets drop on the beach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

That fleadh ad on TG4. Fu5king annoying as hell. And that rsa ad with yer one singing about Ballymun

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭donegal_man

I've just seen possibly the weirdest ad ever. I actually had to rewind Sky just to confirm it was what it appeared to be. A major song and dance production for Senokot laxatives. The hook line? "It's how a wonderfully regular life could be."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

chosen1 wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/KiQNxuXINi4
    This one? With the smiling babies?

Think yours and my definition of abusive is very different.

Abusive or not the adults in it look like right bellends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I've just seen possibly the weirdest ad ever. I actually had to rewind Sky just to confirm it was what it appeared to be. A major song and dance production for Senokot laxatives. The hook line? "It's how a wonderfully regular life could be."

Has anyone notice the similarity between the Taylors coffe ad (hint 7 seconds in)

and some of the Senokot ads?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,949 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Abusive to babies? ?Are you serious? I don't think any babies were harmed in the making of it.

I find it abusive and distressing to my eyes and ears, hateful ad, echo the other posters who say the adults look like right tools.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The ad where that young lad in goals saves a penalty is terrible, you can clearly see the ball just goes over the bar there's no way it could end up that high in the tree from where it went, also why was his father parked just behind the goal, where there is a chance of a shot at goal smashing the windscreen, insurance companies shouldn't pay out for such stupidity, also isn't he that fella from last Christmases Vodafone ad?

Sorry for going all CinemaSins on it, I find it irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,232 ✭✭✭plodder

For tea I think.
    Yeah, the scenario doesn't look very likely to me at all, unless they have added some pacifying agent to the tea bags, and you probably wouldn't want to drink it, if it does that to you.

anewme wrote: »
    Abusive to babies? ?Are you serious? I don't think any babies were harmed in the making of it.

I find it abusive and distressing to my eyes and ears, hateful ad, echo the other posters who say the adults look like right tools.

Tbh, it looks a little unnatural-as in the babies bodies are puppets, and the heads have been added to them with CGI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

That Claudia Winkelman one with them fake tweets.

I dunno what the hell that ad is for even,but by fcuk is it annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Kenco ad with the smug git on the bicycle. I really want to slap him.

Advertisement