Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

"It's June dad" that awful Sun Life add that is forever on during the day. I need to change my working hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The headmelting 'Smirnoff-smash-soda' ad. Reminds me of that horrible old radio ad which said 'black and yellow, black and yellow black and yellow' over and over :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Any adverts for Washing Machines that have the feature to allow you to add things to the load.

Yeah your customers are so stupid that they can't put everything in the washing machine in one go.

Anyone that really needs that feature probably has other worse problems in their life to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

my3cents wrote: »
    Any adverts for Washing Machines that have the feature to allow you to add things to the load.

Yeah your customers are so stupid that they can't put everything in the washing machine in one go.

Anyone that really needs that feature probably has other worse problems in their life to deal with.

I have found a spare sock has fallen en route to the washing machine in the past but it's no deal to wait for the next time I am using the washing machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,519 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Maybe I'm a bit thick but I only worked out after seeing this ad about 30 times that the red haired woman was getting married to the childs father.I always assumed she was just another mother on the school run.

They really could have made that part of the ad more straight forward as it explains at least why there might be some tension between the 2 women and why Lyons is great for getting rid of that tension.

Totally agree - took me ages to realise this, as I was thinking surely you would not invite your ex husband's new partner in for tea and a chat and then say "she's not that bad actually"!! I just assumed it was a colleague from the father's work or something dropping the kid back, but then the "I still won't go to their wedding" line threw me.

Who is God's name thought up this ad! It is INSANE :eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I have seemingly only seen the shortened version of this ad. From the posts here it seems there is more drama going on in the full length ad than a months worth of eastenders.

So we now apparently know the woman was married to the dastardly husband -no mention in the ad.

She gave birth to the kid and was ripped asunder during the horrible birth, I like a good dramatic horror hospital scene so am looking forward to seeing the stitching up.

The women are apparently hugely different ages, looked similar to me, will be interesting to see the passports and no doubt a good cat fight.

The vile ex-husband (not boyfriend, not one night stand father of the child) has been cheating on the auld one with this young one, were drinks thrown over the young one in the queen vic?! that's the usual.

Do I spot dodgy makeup on the young one, is the bastard beating her? (sure why not throw in yet another)

I seriously hope to fcuk you lot do not get called up for jury duty...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

rubadub wrote: »
    I have seemingly only seen the shortened version of this ad. From the posts here it seems there is more drama going on in the full length ad than a months worth of eastenders.

So we now apparently know the woman was married to the dastardly husband -no mention in the ad.

She gave birth to the kid and was ripped asunder during the horrible birth, I like a good dramatic horror hospital scene so am looking forward to seeing the stitching up.

The women are apparently hugely different ages, looked similar to me, will be interesting to see the passports and no doubt a good cat fight.

The vile ex-husband (not boyfriend, not one night stand father of the child) has been cheating on the auld one with this young one, were drinks thrown over the young one in the queen vic?! that's the usual.

Do I spot dodgy makeup on the young one, is the bastard beating her? (sure why not throw in yet another)

I seriously hope to fcuk you lot do not get called up for jury duty...

You feeling okay hun? XXX Totes need to meet up for soy coffee frappacino sometime. *heart emoji*

(Been called for jury duty a few times-always get an excuse out of it)

my3cents wrote: »
    The Pringles ad where the girl litters the beach with the Pringles tube lid, she pops the lid off and just lets drop on the beach.
    I hadn't noticed that before, the stupid cow :mad: That could get stuck in a dolphins gullet and kill it.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

I think it's herbal essence shampoo but it's gluten free! Wtf? if you are eating your shampoo and you need to check it's OK with your diet I think you are in trouble. What next low calorie conditioner?

I think it's herbal essence shampoo but it's gluten free! Wtf? if you are eating your shampoo and you need to check it's OK with your diet I think you are in trouble. What next low calorie conditioner?

You'd be surprised https://www.morroccomethod.com/blog/gluten-free-should-people-with-celiac-disease-use-gluten-free-shampoo/ but 99% bull**** with 1% truth.

• Advertisement

The ever present ad with the carer trying to kill Mr Hadley with coke zeros, get off my telly!

Remember when they took the piddle out of advertising? Like, parodied it?

Now it's like we're not in on the joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

If you don't like the gluten free shampoo, there's also a vegan shampoo on the market. I kid you not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

madmaggie wrote: »
    If you don't like the gluten free shampoo, there's also a vegan shampoo on the market. I kid you not.

And let's not forget Alpecin Caffeine Shampoo... ;)

When is the best time to eat the perfect bowl of cornflakes? FFS geta life, people almost coming to blows over it and all :rolleyes:

And let's not forget Alpecin Caffeine Shampoo... ;)

If you don't use it your balls will drop off, or did I not understand the ad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

You know the way you always hoped there was a special edition of The Great Escape where Steve McQueen got the motorbike over the fence into Switzerland?

I feel the same way about the Chicken McNuggets ad, where Sadbh upturns the table where she's nomming the McNuggets and pins Dreamy Leamy to the floor and rides him to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

We are centra.

I don't know what part of Ireland that accent is from but I never want to go there.

We.Aar.Cntrah.

"Find us in the Jelly and Custard Isle"

wtf what supermarket has a Jelly and Custard Isle?

But I quite like the rest of the ad which is obviously aimed at kids - maybe why I like it :o

Hartleys Jelly Pots ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

That fleadh ad on TG4. Fu5king annoying as hell. And that rsa ad with yer one singing about Ballymun

If the Fleadh ad you mentioned is the one where she makes violin noises and he makes bodhran noises then yes, it really grinds my gears. It's so new I still feel compelled to watch it and annoy myself! Both of them could use a swift backhander across their cake holes.

https://www.adworld.ie/2017/08/21/fleadh-cheoil-publicis-dublin/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Haribo ads STILL featuring adults talking with kids' voices.

Someone likes them... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The Oral-B ads with the inane, grinning girls who all look alike, staring in the mirror at their PERFECT teeth.

The ad for Hyundai (I think) with the song that goes "Lucky lucky lucky me, I'm a lucky son of a gun..."

Any ad for crisps or chocolate where the wrapper/bag looks super-imposed onto the person's hand. It's never wrinkled.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

New Lotto ad with the house band. So unfunny, and annoying now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

The ad for Hyundai (I think) with the song that goes "Lucky lucky lucky me, I'm a lucky son of a gun..."
    I would happily do 30 years for getting rid of the creator of that piece of crap! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mec1

Probably been mentioned before .... "We .... are .... Cen ... Tra"

The whole ad from start to finish is annoying!

You know the way you always hoped there was a special edition of The Great Escape where Steve McQueen got the motorbike over the fence into Switzerland?

I feel the same way about the Chicken McNuggets ad, where Sadbh upturns the table where she's nomming the McNuggets and pins Dreamy Leamy to the floor and rides him to death.

Can you spoiler tag your Great Escape comment? I've not seen it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Those Maltesers ads featuring the "ladette" women are just embarrassing.

Can you spoiler tag your Great Escape comment? I've not seen it yet.

If a movie is ten years old, or older, no spoilers apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

That PP ad where the bloke in the pub is celebrating the amount of cards, throw ins etc in a 0-0 match on the telly, while the rest of the punters look at him like he's a sandwich short of a picnic. Whoever okayed that ad to be released needs to be spoken to. Forcefully.

• Advertisement

Those Maltesers ads featuring the "ladette" women are just embarrassing.

But it IS embarrassing if you are an accountant :)

Advertisement