Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Those Maltesers ads featuring the "ladette" women are just embarrassing.

Potential sexual assault as well.

She can't remember if it was just a snog :eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Potential sexual assault as well.

She can't remember if it was just a snog :eek::eek::eek:

With a username like yours I wouldn't go making accusations like that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Any of those ads which feature Irish sports and GAA, usually by banks sponsoring teams; they try to make it look like the clash of the titans, all slo-mo action, and hyperbolic bullsh*t. "be the best you can be"...with a mortgage from AIB etc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Silly ad with the young boy trying to get a refund for unused nappies. His voice is so annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Lloydspharmacy advert....

It's not even good enough for a bad youtuber's channel from 2010... I mean, 'bird flu'... That hasn't been a thing since swine flu took over from it.

Just...terrible.

• Advertisement

There's a wart pen advert, which I didn't spot a brand name for, anyway at the end they say buy one get one half price. So they are really saying the product is crap and you'll need to buy at least two because one won't be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

That new MacD's ad with the car full of women on their way from a hen party. Sorry, but no.

^^^
    They are showing again the one with the two women stuck in the lift. The last thing you want to be doing in a confined space is to be eating McD's if you catch my drift.

^^^
    They are showing again the one with the two women stuck in the lift. The last thing you want to be doing in a confined space is to be eating McD's if you catch my drift.

Thats why its women in the lift, they don't do that sort of thing ;)

my3cents wrote: »
    Thats why its women in the lift, they don't do that sort of thing ;)
    Haha good one, come over to my gaff and ask the current Mrs Tin how the pet canary died.:eek:

• Advertisement

Haha good one, come over to my gaff and ask the current Mrs Tin how the pet canary died.:eek:

That would explain why your a purple tin :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

^^^

"Maccy D's!!!!!"

I wish the lift would plummet 50 floors when I hear that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭trashcan

You know the way you always hoped there was a special edition of The Great Escape where Steve McQueen got the motorbike over the fence into Switzerland?

I feel the same way about the Chicken McNuggets ad, where Sadbh upturns the table where she's nomming the McNuggets and pins Dreamy Leamy to the floor and rides him to death.

Speaking of alternative endings for ads, you know the one where the little girl gets the bar of chocolate from the corner shop with a collection of buttons and other crap ? I'd love it if she ran out to the mother at the end and went. "Mum, it worked again, another free bar of chocolate, the sap even gave me my toy back. "

Ads pissing about with classic films. They did it with Ghostbusters and now Back to the Future :mad: Hands off the films you twit ad writers, come up with something original.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Sadly, the odds of an ad like this one being made in this day and age are quite long... :(

Sadly, the odds of an ad like this one being made in this day and age are quite long... :(

I dunno-they went back to Action Man for So Money, and they're using He-Man and Skeletor, as well as Flintstones, Top Cat etc etc

It's possible they would go back to Thunderbirds-but considering it's all CGI now (there's a new tv show called Thunderbirds are Go), I think it would be a far different advert.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,472 ✭✭✭corkie

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,073 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

The Aurelia ad for cosmetic surgery...actually I don’t know whether to laugh or cry at the women in it....

Bloody hell.

An ad for something or other has just said "Happy Christmas".......:eek::mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

inthehat wrote: »
    Bloody hell.

An ad for something or other has just said "Happy Christmas".......:eek::mad::(

For Heaven’s sake, and it only Hallowe’en! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Adverts trying to make 'Back to School' into a season. Buy stuff in our shop this 'Back to School'

I'd love to meet the person in the Nescafe advertising/marketing dept who signed off on that "do you have a moment now" ad, just to ask him/her "what the fcuk were you thinking of?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

blueser wrote: »
    I'd love to meet the person in the Nescafe advertising/marketing dept who signed off on that "do you have a moment now" ad, just to ask him/her "what the fcuk were you thinking of?"

Ah fer fecks sake, I like that advert. So does my brother. It's positively golden compared to the other crap ones.

Just seen the John Lewis Bohemian Rhapsody advert-wanted to hate it, but it was so creative I found it tough to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭donegal_man

........Just seen the John Lewis Bohemian Rhapsody advert-wanted to hate it, but it was so creative I found it tough to.

I only came on to denounce that ad. It had two of the components that make me want to find whoever created it and do them physical harm. The destruction of a classic song and an attempt at manipulation by using children.

I only came on to denounce that ad. It had two of the components that make me want to find whoever created it and do them physical harm. The destruction of a classic song and an attempt at manipulation by using children.

Queen seems to be selling out their back catalogue. May very be clever marketing for the new Bohemian Rhapsody movie starring Rami Malak.

Either way, it's more tolerable than the 'Flash...ah ah!' dog advert.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

I'm getting really pissed off with these cheesy emotionally charged "pull at the heart strings" ads.
    That stupid coffee ad with the audience, and that "may I have a bar of chocolate please" ad are the latest in this category of puke.

Ah fer fecks sake, I like that advert. So does my brother. It's positively golden compared to the other crap ones.

Just seen the John Lewis Bohemian Rhapsody advert-wanted to hate it, but it was so creative I found it tough to.
    I hope to fcuk you're on the wind up?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

That Nescafe ad :mad: All those people lost contact with you for a reason. You are a dickhead full of your own self importance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

lertsnim wrote: »
    That Nescafe ad :mad: All those people lost contact with you for a reason. You are a dickhead full of your own self importance

I only mentioned this ad earlier.
    Just what the hell is the meaning of it anyway? I hate all this double meaning and poignant message ****e, I mean for fuks sake, it's just coffee!!!!

Advertisement