Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

blueser wrote: »
    I hope to fcuk you're on the wind up?

Nope- if you've lost touch with people throughout your life, or lost people entirely to death or disease, it connects.
    Plus if you take it as fantasy as its intended, it's a sweet metaphor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Niles Crane

Nope- if you've lost touch with people throughout your life, or lost people entirely to death or disease, it connects.
    Plus if you take it as fantasy as its intended, it's a sweet metaphor.

Everybody in the world has lost touch with people and had friends/relatives die so the ad should connect with everybody but of course it doesn't because it's just completely pretentious bull****.

People don't buy/drink coffee in order to connect with people they buy it because they like to drink it.

Everybody in the world has lost touch with people and had friends/relatives die so the ad should connect with everybody but of course it doesn't because it's just completely pretentious bull****.

People don't buy/drink coffee in order to connect with people they buy it because they like to drink it.

Each to their own, and maybe it's manipulating the crap outta me-but I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Can’t stand that ad with the obnoxious old lady from New York selling bagels

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

js35 wrote: »
    Can’t stand that ad with the obnoxious old lady from New York selling bagels

That rotten auld bitch definitely ain't no lady!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

:pac: :pac:

Definitely smokes more than 40 cigarettes a day. Probably smokes 40 during her lunch break alone.

I don't get the hype with bagels. They're nothing like a sandwich. And you're often left hungry afterwards.

Definitely smokes more than 40 cigarettes a day. Probably smokes 40 during her lunch break alone.

I don't get the hype with bagels. They're nothing like a sandwich. And you're often left hungry afterwards.
    I wouldn't be buying anything with someone like that behind the counter!!

"This little glass of mine,
    I'm gonna let it shine........."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I'm sick to the back teeth of that ma-faced mick who bought an island for Ireland :mad: Get your big spud head off my telly and feck off back to Westmeath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The McDonalds ad with "the hens bopping around the gaff". I'm sure they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

madmaggie wrote: »
    The McDonalds ad with "the hens bopping around the gaff". I'm sure they are.
    Or the one with the 'home tec teacher' (home economics) who dissuades the mother's fear about what is in a chicken mcnugget by breaking it in half and looking at it for a split second under a magnifying glass, she then declares it kosher, leaving no room for recourse by setting off a party popper.
    Hooray for science :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

"dreamy" leamy would want to get over himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭hawkwing

The Tesco teddy bear ad,it seems to be twice as loud as anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

I know I’ve complained about this ad before but the malteasers nurses one.

The thing that gets me most is the horrible tone she(the tool character) asks “just a snog?”.

Are there not homeless people that could say that line better and just be paid a bottle of Bucky to do so.

I’d rather that

MrKingsley wrote: »
    I know I’ve complained about this ad before but the malteasers nurses one.

The thing that gets me most is the horrible tone she(the tool character) asks “just a snog?”.

Are there not homeless people that could say that line better and just be paid a bottle of Bucky to do so.

I’d rather that

I always mishear the opening line 'you know that knickers you left at mine?' (It's necklace, not knickers) 'The one that used to belong to your gran?'

I don't know if it's the pronunciation or the ladies can't enunciate, but the acting is very mumbly and bad.

I always mishear the opening line 'you know that knickers you left at mine?' (It's necklace, not knickers) 'The one that used to belong to your gran?'

I don't know if it's the pronunciation or the ladies can't enunciate, but the acting is very mumbly and bad.

Haha. I hear exactly the same.

If she left her knickers in mine I’d leave them on my porch so her token disabled malteaser friend could come round and collect them and then eat some chocolate

Cos that’s what the adds about yeah?

Haha. I hear exactly the same.

If she left her knickers in mine I’d leave them on my porch so her token disabled malteaser friend could come round and collect them and then eat some chocolate

Cos that’s what the adds about yeah?

It's even creepier when she's like 'Well I accidentally wore them on the dance floor...' and I sit there like 'what creep wears pre-worn underwear?' Gah.

It's even creepier when she's like 'Well I accidentally wore them on the dance floor...' and I sit there like 'what creep wears pre-worn underwear?' Gah.

Well I’ve been known to from time to time but never when I’m on the old malteasers. Asking for trouble then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Specsavers ad with the short sighted vet. Fed up of it now.

• Advertisement

Well I’ve been known to from time to time but never when I’m on the old malteasers. Asking for trouble then

I hope you washed them beforehand. And do they have beads on em which fly off and go everywhere when you dance?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Dunno if it's been on before but ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Hmmmm Brady Family Ham, does this mean its made with bits of the Brady family or are the pigs all part of the Brady family or are their pigs all call Brady? I'm confused about this Family Ham thing.

my3cents wrote: »
    Hmmmm Brady Family Ham, does this mean its made with bits of the Brady family or are the pigs all part of the Brady family or are their pigs all call Brady? I'm confused about this Family Ham thing.

It's the whole 'ham' acting thing too--it's soooo meta.

(No it's not).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I think the ad that annoys me more than all the others at the moment is the one for Lloyd's pharmacy (I think it's called) . Makes Fair City actors look like Oscar winners in comparison. Truly awful stuff.

I think the ad that annoys me more than all the others at the moment is the one for Lloyd's pharmacy (I think it's called) . Makes Fair City actors look like Oscar winners in comparison. Truly awful stuff.

The lady sounding like 'Beaker' from the Muppets, and 'bird flu' fella make that sodomy for the eyes and ears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Niles Crane

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Dunno if it's been on before but ....

I love that ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Bog Irish. Would stop me buying Bradys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

"The full on Goslings" mute, leave the room, change channel, put foot through telly. Any of the above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭trashcan

madmaggie wrote: »
    The Specsavers ad with the short sighted vet. Fed up of it now.

Ah I quite like that one. Love the face of the cat at the end.

Advertisement