Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

trashcan wrote: »
    Ah I quite like that one. Love the face of the cat at the end.
    And the way it gives a little gulp :D!
    Specsavers ads are class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Mammy's new car. Not it is not. If you don't make the repayments then you'll find out who owns the new car.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I always mishear the opening line 'you know that knickers you left at mine?' (It's necklace, not knickers) 'The one that used to belong to your gran?'

I don't know if it's the pronunciation or the ladies can't enunciate, but the acting is very mumbly and bad.

Up until now, I thought that was what she said.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

That Just Eat ad, with the crowd gathered outside your one's house, curious to know what she ordered. "Oooooohhhh!!!!!!!!!"

How's about you all just fcuk off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

madmaggie wrote: »
    Mammy's new car. Not it is not. If you don't make the repayments then you'll find out who owns the new car.

The way she laughs in it you always expect to hear 'wipeoooooout' straight after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Rothko wrote: »
    Up until now, I thought that was what she said.

It took me many's a view to realise it was 'necklace'...

I think it's her damn accent, and that she speaks too fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

It took me many's a view to realise it was 'necklace'...

I think it's her damn accent, and that she speaks too fast.

A pearl necklace

The new add for Three. Jesus it's the definition of annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ConnyMcDavid

Woodies. Homemakers.
    What's the deal with these new wave of adverts, usually banking, with the soft and smug tone of voice. It's cringe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

There’s three of them driving me mental at the moment.
    1: The safe food ad where the mother is being run ragged trying to keep up with looking after her two children. It always makes me depressed watching it. So dreary “Parentings tough but you’re tougher” Every single time I watch television it’s on.
    2: The new ad I think it’s for virgin mobile with the huge hairy monster I think he is meant to be the abominable snowman. He’s a monster who lives in a forest but he has gleaming Snow White teeth.
    3: The new Vodafone ad with the little girl phoning her mother in the office and suddenly they are bouncing together. It’s one of the worst and most annoying I’ve ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

I'm getting a bit sick of companies putting their logos at the start of their ads as though it's some kind of TV series or cinematic release. (I'm looking at you, Orchard Thieves and Apache Pizza...)

IMO, if you're going to put your logo at the start of your ad, then there had better be a good reason. With *that* TUI ad, for instance, there was a fairly good reason as the ad had a musical theme.

rwhuty.jpg

If there *isn't* a good reason, then not only are viewers unable to have fun guessing what the ad might be for, but also it comes across as though you're showing off more than you need to - and thus it makes the ad *that* bit more irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

That long running (how many years is it now?) Smithwick's home brewers ad. Just what "revolution" did they brew through then?

1: The safe food ad where the mother is being run ragged trying to keep up with looking after her two children. It always makes me depressed watching it. So dreary “Parentings tough but you’re tougher” Every single time I watch television it’s on.
    2: The new ad I think it’s for virgin mobile with the huge hairy monster I think he is meant to be the abominable snowman. He’s a monster who lives in a forest but he has gleaming Snow White teeth.

It's a Sasquatch aka Bigfoot, not a Yeti. But yeah, the advert is weird as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭valoren

The Smithwicks Ad targeted at homebrewers.

"....and just like yerselves...we're in it for the love of it".

The trying-too-hard utterance of 'yerselves' makes me cringe hard as well as how insulting it is to think homebrewers are peers of Diageo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

valoren wrote: »

The trying-too-hard utterance of 'yerselves' makes me cringe hard as well as how insulting it is to think homebrewers are peers of Diageo.

And who in this country says "that's a crackin' pint"? One of the most cringeworthy ads around.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,472 ✭✭✭corkie

The new add for Three. Jesus it's the definition of annoying.

50100cb00a716.jpeg

ollaetta wrote: »
    And who in this country says "that's a crackin' pint"? One of the most cringeworthy ads around.

It's one of those 'we'll invent a catchphrase, and everyone will start using it'...

And then it's a case of 'no, no we won't'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

valoren wrote: »

...which is why we closed our brewery in our traditional home of Kilkenny, and moved production to our corporate megafactory.

Mine's a Costello's, thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

The radio ad for the Mercedes Benz a class with an obviously young male voice with some sort of Dart/ made up American accent. Would actively put me off the brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

boombang wrote: »
    The radio ad for the Mercedes Benz a class with an obviously young male voice with some sort of Dart/ made up American accent. Would actively put me off the brand.

That's the torget morket they're going for, image-conscious Ross O'Carroll-Kelly types!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

some decor shop 'your hooooooome, your hoooooooome a place to charge your phone'

FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Johnny D. Mudd

I'm going to launch myself skull-first into this red-blooded rant and it'll probably go on for a bit but I am absolutely sick to the back teeth of the spate of nauseatingly sappy soperiffic ads with oh-so-earnest, po-faced, disgustingly contrived voice-overs trying to sell us some faux-humble lovey-dovey nonsense over the grating soundtrack of some soft, sugary-saccharine, limp-wristed pansy-arsed acoustic and soft piano wankery accompanied by a so-very-delicate and fragile singer inaudibly wibbling over barely a whisper because their method of singing is to whimper into a microphone like a emotional-wreck who quivers into a puddle of hormones at the slightest glance of a female.

I don't care how earnest your pious ad tries to be, I'd rather you beat me over the head with your logo seared into a 2x4 while screaming your tagline into my eardrum through a megaphone until it bursts out the back of my skull while the sagely sounds of Cannibal Corpse brutally sodomises my frontal cortex because I would rather that than the wimpy and solemn offers we are given these days. I'm not buying your ridiculously contrived ads with their solemn messages because you are nothing but shills hawking an inordinately expensive piece of crap that I don't need or want. I am not buying a lifestyle or a state of zen. I am buying a burger. Because I am hungry. I don't care if you think that this burger will bring an end to all wars, I just want something to eat. So at the end of the day, just tell me what your product is. Don't dress it up with some pretentious namby-pamby message about how you're going to connect us with the rest of the world because you're not. You're going to sate my thirst or give me a way to call my parents. That is all.

I don't care how begrudging or curmudgeonly I sound. I don't care that I wrote way too much or that I sound pretentious or "fun at parties". I am getting absolutely sick of these artsy weaselly cloying ads clogging up my TV.

corkie wrote: »
    50100cb00a716.jpeg

Actually it's not that one! There's another one with some tool going on about examples and definitions of words that absolutely wrecks my head.
    Although the bouncy castle one is annoying too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Might have to go to Lloyds Pharmacy to get something for the headache I get from their current ad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Those mini adverts or whatever you'd call them that appear before and after the RTE news weather forecast grind my gears, that song with the irritating whistling, the chirpy voiceover and those bloody acted bits with young women having their day ruined because some rain fell on them. I utterly hate them, bring back the indent from the 90's with the frog jumping into the water and someone cutting their hedge.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Guys redo the haribo advert using helium. The 3rd lad is brilliant.
    https://www.facebook.com/ODDSbible/videos/729196417432944/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Just seen an ad for 3 where a woman working in an office imagines shes bouncing through the air with her daughter. Words can't describe how annoying it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,472 ✭✭✭corkie

tenor.gif

3: The new Vodafone ad with the little girl phoning her mother in the office and suddenly they are bouncing together. It’s one of the worst and most annoying I’ve ever seen.

No 3, is a three advert not vodafone!
    corkie wrote: »
    50100cb00a716.jpeg

As above been mentioned a few times.
    Just seen an ad for 3 where a woman working in an office imagines shes bouncing through the air with her daughter. Words can't describe how annoying it is.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

The ad for Littlewoods really rubs me the wrong way with their cover of "Feeling Good". The rhythm just feels off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

Such a strange ad!! Reminds me of the scary movie Mama for some reason, think it's the way their bodies move. It's like they're contortionists!!

Advertisement