Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tidying Cables at back of DVR

Options
  • 08-10-2016 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Hi,

As mentioned above I'm looking to tidy the cat 5s at the back of my dvr. Currently the cables are terminated into video and audio baluns which is quite messy. I was wondering if I got some bnc coax baluns like this
    http://www.freetv.ie/bnc-coax-rj45-balun-with-audio/ just to tidy up the back of the dvr. It looks quite messy as each cable is split to two baluns and a power supply. As the link suggests they come as a transmitter and receiver, is it possible to just use the transmitter part? Or is there another alternative? Thanks for any suggestions on this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭judge30

you would need to crimp on a rj45 plug to each cable and its not as terribly easy useless you have experience with network or electrical exp ,the way your installer has left it is an extremely lazy and messy approach i would be calling him back

Advertisement