Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE asking about TNA & ROH on the Network

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That new $15 tier (if true) sounds absolutely brilliant and well worth the extra fiver. The HOF voting thing sounds really cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Be worth it for Ring Of Honor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

I'd swap the big 4 for 4.99 and the rest for 9.99, they're not gonna bring in any new buys for mania at a fiver and putting the others at more than the base rate will just make people even less engaged in them than they already are.

Other than that, it all looks good!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    WWE Looking At Adding Price Tiers To The WWE Network With TNA And ROH Content

http://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-looking-at-adding-price-tiers-to-the-wwe-network-with-tna-and-roh-content/

Amazing that they are targeting the fans who are die hards. Good luck expanding the shrinking fan base with ROH & TNA content. Both them right now have never felt smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

martyos121 wrote: »
    The HOF voting thing sounds really cool.

I mean no offence to you personally here, but I have to say the idea that WWE will genuinely cede anything more than an absolute modicum of control over who goes into their HOF is ridiculous. This is Vince. It's likely they'll pick 10 candidates and the top 8 vote getters or something get in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

If it's true about ROH and TNA then it's more than worth the money. Even if it was just ROH they'd have me signed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

ERG89 wrote: »
    Amazing that they are targeting the fans who are die hards. Good luck expanding the shrinking fan base with ROH & TNA content. Both them right now have never felt smaller.

Agreed. I'm not sure where they're going with loading Network content with more stuff when their TV ratings are hurting. Maybe it's because they're locked into a TV deal with guaranteed cash, so are doing anything to up the Network numbers. And by anything I mean put out as much average/niche content as possible.

I can't see TNA/ROH snagging more fans that aren't already subscribed, or convincing lapsed subscribers. Same with adding 7 more PPVs to the calendar. Why not just spend the time making better TV leading to must-see PPVs?

I don't think the goal is to snag fans who aren't subscribed. The goal is to get more money from those who are subscribed. Hence the price increase.

I don't know the economics of what they'd be be paying ROH and TNA so it's difficult for me to speculate on how effective it would be, but fundamentally this is in line with their business model in 2016. They make their money by superserving the hardcores while the casual fanbase dwindles and if they think they can get half the current paid subscribers - say 750,000 - to pay an extra $5 a month, that's an extra $45 million a year. Even if they get a third of that and it makes them an extra 15 mill, I would wager that is more than enough to cover the cost IF ROH, TNA, Evolve etc would be willing to go along with it.

Personally, I don't watch much of any of those products anymore, but I probably would if it were available in HD on the network.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭spillit67

There's only so much Attitude Era stuff you can put on the Network (though I know most of the DVD stuff isn't there still) before people get bored. You have to add content.

It's an interesting next step for them I'm really interested in the next tv deal and what happens then.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

After the amount of 9.99 marketing it seems somewhat strange that none of those tiers would be for that price. I wonder would those already signed up for 9.99 be then forced to choose to change what they get from the network and unless they decide to pay an extra 3 dollars a month suddenly get less than they had been getting.

Also I get that once people sign up they generally don't unsubscribe but outside of the months with the big 4 PPVs what is the benefit of getting the 7.99 package over the 4.99 one? isn't it a lot worse with the archive limited to 5hrs, only access through phone & tablet and no NXT etc...why would the more expensive deal be worse?

For non hardcore wrestling fans im not sure if they could see any improvement here as they are now forced to either pay 3 dollars more a month for TNA/ROH etc which they probably wouldn't watch or get an inferior product without most PPVs. Also why when you pay the most do you suddenly have commercials again while in the lower tiers you don't? doesn't make much sense to me

• Advertisement

After the amount of 9.99 marketing it seems somewhat strange that none of those tiers would be for that price. I wonder would those already signed up for 9.99 be then forced to choose to change what they get from the network and unless they decide to pay an extra 3 dollars a month suddenly get less than they had been getting.

Also I get that once people sign up they generally don't unsubscribe but outside of the months with the big 4 PPVs what is the benefit of getting the 7.99 package over the 4.99 one? isn't it a lot worse with the archive limited to 5hrs, only access through phone & tablet and no NXT etc...why would the more expensive deal be worse?

For non hardcore wrestling fans im not sure if they could see any improvement here as they are now forced to either pay 3 dollars more a month for TNA/ROH etc which they probably wouldn't watch or get an inferior product without most PPVs. Also why when you pay the most do you suddenly have commercials again while in the lower tiers you don't? doesn't make much sense to me

Those price points were in play months ago. Now, the idea is $0, $4.99, $9.99 and $14.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Haven't the WWE mentioned TNA & ROH in these kind of questionnaires before?

Advertisement