Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best bank account

• 09-10-2016 2:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭

I received a letter from AIB saying that i will finally be charged fees on my account unless I keep 2500 in my account at all times.

It's scandalous and expensive to use your own money. Or maybe I'm too spoilt in that i never had to pay fees since i opened my account over 15 years ago.

So I'm looking at changing. I do like the online banking from AIB, so if a different bank has online banking would be great.

Is there a website to compare all the banks. Or what's the best bank to go with to avoid fees.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,761 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

The information is incorrect on that Bonkers page. It states that EBS "Fee-Free banking is not available". That is not true.

To answer the question:
    - If you are in school, a student, recent graduate, unemployed or over 60 you can get free day-to-day banking with a current account / payment account without any conditions.
    - If you do not fall into these categories, you can get free day-to-day banking with a current account if you comply with conditions. These conditions vary from bank to bank. Some conditions are easy to meet. Some a pain in the ass.
    - KBC will give you free day-to-day banking with their Extra Current Account if you deposit at least €2,500 per month.
    - EBS will give you free day-to-day banking with their MoneyManager account if you €1,500 per month or keep a balance of €500 at all times BUT you are capped at 5 free ATM withdrawls per month. The mobile experience is awful with EBS.
    - PTSB charge €5 per month / €60 per year. The fee is difficult to avoid unless you use your debit card a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Advertisement