Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby surname question

Options
  • 09-10-2016 7:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi
    This may be a stupid question!
    I didn't take my husband's name when we married, but would like our child to. On the hospital registration forms, I've used my surname. When registering the birth, I know we get some documents from there hospital... Will it be easy at that stage to use my husband's surname on the registration forms?
    Thanks
    T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

yeah it will be no problem at all.
    We did it for our 2nd as the first took hers and we had to change it by deed poll later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

I brought my marriage cert just in case to the registrar. Have to admit, was nice that his bracelet in hospital said Baby MyName.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭appledrop

There is no problem Theresa. I was the same as you. In the hospitial before you go home you fill in forms registering their name + this is when you put your husbands name down. You then have 3 mths to register the birth with hse. If you got married in Ireland no need to bring you cert when registering as they can find you on the system.

Advertisement