If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung UE49K5500 Online Purchase?

Options
  • 09-10-2016 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm in the south, and I was looking at purchasing a TV from you online. The TV I was looking at was the Samsung UE49K5500. However, unlike most other TV's on your site, there is no onlin purchase option. I was wondering if there was any way aound this, or even wht the reaon might be.

Thanks,
    Gavin

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

cletus wrote: »
    Hi, I'm in the south, and I was looking at purchasing a TV from you online. The TV I was looking at was the Samsung UE49K5500. However, unlike most other TV's on your site, there is no onlin purchase option. I was wondering if there was any way aound this, or even wht the reaon might be.

Thanks,
    Gavin
    Hi Cletus, thanks for the post

This model is unfortunately an in-store only model, meaning it cannot be shipped out, it would have to be collected from the store in Belfast

The nearest model to this is the Panasonic, http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201920-viera-tx49ds500b.aspx at €599, which is available for shipping, and is a very similar spec TV, but only has 2 HDMi as opposed to 3 on the Samsung
    The nearest Samsung model which is available for shipping is the 49KU6400 but you're up at €749 for that one http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202044-ue49ku6400.aspx

Have a look at this and let me know your thoughts

Cheers
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭cletus

Thanks,
    Gavin

This model is unfortunately an in-store only model, meaning it cannot be shipped out, it would have to be collected from the store in Belfast

The nearest model to this is the Panasonic, http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201920-viera-tx49ds500b.aspx at €599, which is available for shipping, and is a very similar spec TV, but only has 2 HDMi as opposed to 3 on the Samsung
    The nearest Samsung model which is available for shipping is the 49KU6400 but you're up at €749 for that one http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202044-ue49ku6400.aspx

Cheers
    Brian
    Thanks for the reply Brian. I'll have a look at those TV's. Don't suppose there's a current boardsie promo code at the moment :D 

Thanks,
    Gavin

Cheers
    Brian
    Thanks for the reply Brian. I'll have a look at those TV's. Don't suppose there's a current boardsie promo code at the moment :D 
    CHeers Gavin, theres nothing specific at the moment, but we do always try and look after the boardies when we can, so I'll do what I can for you

Brian

I sent a pm trying to be delicate regarding looking for a Boards discount, but reading other threads it would appear there no need for such discretion 😀

Brian,

Thanks for the quick response on the thread. Not sure if its more appropriate to pm you re actually buying.

Having looked at the tv's on offer again, Ive narrowed it down to 2, the hisense 50M3300, and the SONY
    BRAVIA KDL48WD653.

Is it possible to buy from you, in light of 'looking after boardies' or do I just buy online, and is there any movement on either of those prices?

Finally, a little advice if possible. I want the largest screen for the smallest money, features such as smart, 4k etc are a distant second in terms of influence on buying. Can you make recommendations between the two tvs I listed above.

Thanks again for your help so far,

Gavin

I sent a pm trying to be delicate regarding looking for a Boards discount, but reading other threads it would appear there no need for such discretion 😀

Brian,

Thanks for the quick response on the thread. Not sure if its more appropriate to pm you re actually buying.

Having looked at the tv's on offer again, Ive narrowed it down to 2, the hisense 50M3300, and the SONY
    BRAVIA KDL48WD653.

Is it possible to buy from you, in light of 'looking after boardies' or do I just buy online, and is there any movement on either of those prices?

Finally, a little advice if possible. I want the largest screen for the smallest money, features such as smart, 4k etc are a distant second in terms of influence on buying. Can you make recommendations between the two tvs I listed above.

Thanks again for your help so far,

Gavin
    To be honest, the Hisense really is a cracker of a tv at the price, so it would be the biggest screen, at very good money (and it is 4K)
    Best I could do on it shipped would be £439 / €555 including shiping and 6 year warranty

Brian

• Advertisement

Brian, I'd like to buy that tv, can I pay in sterling? Also can you take email orders or do I do it through the website 

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Brian, I'd like to buy that tv, can I pay in sterling? Also can you take email orders or do I do it through the website 
    Hi Cletus.

You can indeed pay in sterling.

You can pay in sterling via the website or we can give you a call for your details. We would not feel safe taking card details via email unfortunately.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201882-bravia-kdl48wd653.aspx

Processing via the website is very straight forward or again if you would like us to give you a call drop me your number in a PM.

Cool, how do I avail of the price offered by Brian

Cool, how do I avail of the price offered by Brian
    Hi Cletus.

Its listed up at the £439.00 on our website:
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201882-bravia-kdl48wd653.aspx

Or if you would prefer to speak to one of us lovely chaps here at the store drop me your number in a PM.

Its the hisense that Brian offered me £439 on

• Advertisement

Its the hisense that Brian offered me £439 on
    I do stand corrected.

There are so many TV's mentioned above.

I have checked stock on the Hisense and both ourselves and our main warehouse are totally out of stock.

We are due some in with the coming weeks and can still take your order and get your name against one.
    Hisense TV's have been very very popular and are hard to keep stock of as they sell so fast.

Let me know what you think.

I'd like to put my name against one all right. Do you need to take the money immediately? What sort of time frame are we looking at, 2 weeks, 4 weeks?

I'd like to put my name against one all right. Do you need to take the money immediately? What sort of time frame are we looking at, 2 weeks, 4 weeks?
    Hey Cletus.

At the moment we have 3 orders against these.
    There are 40 of these arriving into the warehouse on the 24th of this month and we have 54 store in total.

We will be trying our best to get as many as we can of these 40 but every other store will be in the same boat.

We can still put your name against one and I we can not secure you one this time we can try again when we get an ETA on the next batch.

Hisense has been selling way beyond what Hisense though and they are struggling to supply demand.

At this moment I do not have any ETA on any more after the 24th so it could be a few more weeks after that.

If the waiting is too long might one of the others above suit?

I would definitely like to put my name to the TV, having checked online reviews. I appreciate you may not get one for me. I note that on your site it is no longer available for online purchase, will this change once they re back in stock, as I am down south

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

I would definitely like to put my name to the TV, having checked online reviews. I appreciate you may not get one for me. I note that on your site it is no longer available for online purchase, will this change once they re back in stock, as I am down south
    Cletus,

thx again for the post - if you would like to reserve one of these just drop us a line to sales@richersounds.ie with the TV model and your contact details and we will happily pop a non binding reserve on one of these for you and as soon as they arrive we will drop you a line to see if you would like to proceed.

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks for the help lads, email sent

Thanks for the help lads, email sent
    Hey Cletus.

We will get this looked after this morning for you :)

Quick (possibly stupid) question. I currently receive Irish channels and free to air English channels via a set top box. Will I be able to receive these channels directly through the tv with the Hisense tv?

Quick (possibly stupid) question. I currently receive Irish channels and free to air English channels via a set top box. Will I be able to receive these channels directly through the tv with the Hisense tv?
    HI cletus, is it the Hisense 50m3300 you are talking about. This one is for UK and Ireland market, so will handle both English and Irish channels. I'm not 100% if you will definitely get both together, or whether you ca only get one or other depending on where you are based, but they are capable of getting both, if that is of any help?

Brian

Cletus,

if you are in Limerick ( based on your sig!) the Hisense will only receive the Irish channels - you must either be using a satellite set-top-box or NTL / UPC box to receive the UK channels and you will need to continue to use that to receive UK channels.

If you are Limerick based this is the same with ALL TV's you will purchase from any retailer unless they have a built in satellite tuner.

I know its a little confusing so keep me posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Actually in Kildare. I currently use a Ferguson Ariva 120 combo box. Thought I might be able to get rid, but looks like not

Cletus,

that Ferguson is a combi digital terrestrial / free to air satellite set-top box and if you are Kildare based you will need to continue using it to access satellite channels - Sorry about that!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

Guys,

I will actually be out if the country from 27th Oct to 4 Nov.
    Is it possible to have one of the Hisense 50m3300 TVs held until I return, as I don't really fancy waiting another month for the next batch if I miss on this one

Guys,

I will actually be out if the country from 27th Oct to 4 Nov.
    Is it possible to have one of the Hisense 50m3300 TVs held until I return, as I don't really fancy waiting another month for the next batch if I miss on this one
    Hey Cletus.

Unfortunately they are already all gone again.

However there are less than 100 due in before the 30th of this month. We currently have 4 orders already on these but I should be able to hopefully sneak a 5th when they arrive.

If you drop me you details in a PM I can get the order up on our system for you.

Pm'd there now

Pm'd there now
    Thanks Cletus

Folks, just wanted to say, I've reveived my tv (although not set up yet), and I'd like to thank the three guys very much for their help and patience.

Excellent service and absolutely accommodating.

Pleasure doing business

Folks, just wanted to say, I've reveived my tv (although not set up yet), and I'd like to thank the three guys very much for their help and patience.

Excellent service and absolutely accommodating.

Pleasure doing business
    Many thanks for your comments Cletus, always nice to hear from happy customers

Anything else you need, just drop us a post/PM

Regards
    Brian

Last post on this thread, when I hooked up the tv last night I noticed an option for satellite tuning, connected the cables and chanced my arm, lo and behold it has freesat capability. Checking online, it would appear that 2016 models have this as standard.

Another selling point for you, perhaps, and an even happier customer in me

• Advertisement

Last post on this thread, when I hooked up the tv last night I noticed an option for satellite tuning, connected the cables and chanced my arm, lo and behold it has freesat capability. Checking online, it would appear that 2016 models have this as standard.

Another selling point for you, perhaps, and an even happier customer in me
    Many thanks Cletus, glad to hear everything is good, always nice to hear from satisfied customers

Anything else you need, just drop us a post/PM

Regards
    Brian

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.