Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage protection

Options
  • 09-10-2016 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Just a quick question I have letter of offer from BOI and at the time talked to mortgage protection guy and decided to go with them. Was 51 Euro a month. Since then I have got a few quotes for way less for the same cover. I haven't drawn down on the mortgage yet, can I cancel the bank of Ireland mortgage protection that hasn't stared yet and take out the other policy ?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭micar

Does the boi policy have life cover only?

Did they include critical illness?

You have a 30 day cooling off period

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

micar wrote: »
    Does the boi policy have life cover only?

Did they include critical illness?

You have a 30 day cooling off period

Yes has critical illness cover. Oh OK thanks I didn't know about the 30 day cooling off period.
    Thanks for the help

The letter you got confirming cover should also state you have 30 days to change you mind.

Are the quotes you are getting else where only life cover or do they include critical illness.

Critical illness is very expensive. 2-3 times cost of life cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

micar wrote: »
    The letter you got confirming cover should also state you have 30 days to change you mind.

Are the quotes you are getting else where only life cover or do they include critical illness.

Critical illness is very expensive. 2-3 times cost of life cover.
    The quotes I'm getting are for both. 53 Euro with boi and 21 with royal london

I'd re check the royal London quote...the premium is pretty low.... I think it might just be for life cover.

• Advertisement
Advertisement