Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to make online transactions

Options
  • 09-10-2016 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey,

About a month ago late at night I tried to purchase a game online, but realized I had forgotten my verified by Visa password and was locked out. I called the 24 hour service and got it unlocked, yet having tried again my payment was declined. 

I then thought perhaps it's related to this one service, however I realized that every other service was declining my online payments too. For example I tried paying my Vodafone internet bill and the payment kept being declined. 

For about 40 minutes to an hour I spent on call to the Bank of Ireland customer care department, going through their several departments from Verified by Visa, to security, to regular customer care but no one could help me and I kept being moved. Each department told me my account seemed fine, nothing was locked, everything checked out - yet I still couldn't make any payments online, everything was being declined.

So I just assumed it was some database error or something that none of the people there had any clue about, so I asked for a new card to be sent out thinking it would fix the issue. I can withdraw money from the ATM's, I can pay in store contactless or through the old style PIN process, yet I still can't make payments online. I tried buying bus tickets for the week since I commute up to Dublin, but the payment was declined which I found weird. Then I tried paying for my Vodafone bill (which has added up a bit now), and that payment was declined too. 

I don't know what to do. Last time I called the BOI customer care I ended up spending my 20 Euro credit so I thought I'd just go through the forums this time. 

I have a 3rd level student account.

Thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

RonaldU wrote: »
    Hey,

About a month ago late at night I tried to purchase a game online, but realized I had forgotten my verified by Visa password and was locked out. I called the 24 hour service and got it unlocked, yet having tried again my payment was declined. 

I then thought perhaps it's related to this one service, however I realized that every other service was declining my online payments too. For example I tried paying my Vodafone internet bill and the payment kept being declined. 

For about 40 minutes to an hour I spent on call to the Bank of Ireland customer care department, going through their several departments from Verified by Visa, to security, to regular customer care but no one could help me and I kept being moved. Each department told me my account seemed fine, nothing was locked, everything checked out - yet I still couldn't make any payments online, everything was being declined.

So I just assumed it was some database error or something that none of the people there had any clue about, so I asked for a new card to be sent out thinking it would fix the issue. I can withdraw money from the ATM's, I can pay in store contactless or through the old style PIN process, yet I still can't make payments online. I tried buying bus tickets for the week since I commute up to Dublin, but the payment was declined which I found weird. Then I tried paying for my Vodafone bill (which has added up a bit now), and that payment was declined too. 

I don't know what to do. Last time I called the BOI customer care I ended up spending my 20 Euro credit so I thought I'd just go through the forums this time. 

I have a 3rd level student account.

Thank you!
    Hi RonaldU,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

We're sorry to hear that you've been having this difficulty using your card online and that it has not yet been resolved. We would like to help look into this for you. 
    If you can please send us a Private Message with your name, account holding branch and contact number, we will ask a representative to contact you about this. Please click on the link in my signature to send in a private message to us (to see my signature you will need to check that your Boards signatures are set to display in your Boards settings). 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement