Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help me find a book I once read...

• 09-10-2016 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭

Just have vague memories of a collection of short horror stories or novellas that I'd like to read again. One story was about a vampire that came from a burial mound, set in Texas I think. Another I recall was about rats in a house, set in 1800's or early 1900's? Think the story was something about a guy burying his wife down the well. Ring a bell for anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Wailin wrote: »
    Just have vague memories of a collection of short horror stories or novellas that I'd like to read again. One story was about a vampire that came from a burial mound, set in Texas I think. Another I recall was about rats in a house, set in 1800's or early 1900's? Think the story was something about a guy burying his wife down the well. Ring a bell for anyone?

I think the second story sounds a lot like Stephen King's story 1922 from 'Full Dark, No Stars'.

By the way, if anyone is interested in something scary to read with Halloween coming up you could do worse than try Full Dark, No Stars which I found to be a great read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭Wailin

I think the second story sounds a lot like Stephen King's story 1922 from 'Full Dark, No Stars'.

By the way, if anyone is interested in something scary to read with Halloween coming up you could do worse than try Full Dark, No Stars which I found to be a great read.

Thanks you're spot on there about the second story. Trying to figure out where i read the first one though, looking up the story it seems to be called The Horror from the Mound.

Advertisement