Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So i bought F1 2016

Options
  • 09-10-2016 4:59pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So having watched and read may reviews from people within the sim community whos opinions I take note of added to the fact codemasters with Dirt Rally proved they can deliver something other than generic arcade games I went and bought the game and ................... I'm having a blast with it.

I didn't buy any of them since F12010 but played them all [via borrowed steam accounts from fellow simracers] and thought they were utter rubbish but this time round they really did make a fun F1 experience.

It is no Automobilista or Assetto Corsa or Rfactor 2 or Raceroom etc in terms of physics but CM certainly created a semi believeable driving model that strikes a great balance between sim and arcade.

When i sit down at my PC and hook up my wheel its usually something like ive mentioned above to give me that realistic sim fix and even after many years and many sims i grin and think wow i can have this feeling in my own home, and its just amazing.

But then there are times when I'm just tired and want a more relaxed racing experience but something that isn't just mindless arcade stuff [sorry to generalise but those type of games feel mindless to me :) ]

This new F1 title fits the bill perfect here, great graphics,enjoyable raceable AI,semi realistic physics wrapped up in that unique F1 weekend experience.
    Dirt Rally is fantastic,ever since i played the very first public early access i regained quite a bit of that respect i had lost for codemasters over the years and in the back of my mind i hoped this might push them on to deleiver a decent F1 game again and imho they have delivered this time round.

Its just so much fun to play,its challenging at times but not in a frustrating way.
    The practice sessions mean something now, they are so enjoyable working on programmes to unlock resource points to invest in car upgrades,its done a lot better than it sounds.
    Actually ill just link a nice mini review from Jimmy Broadbent a well respected sim racer,he explains it within this video so much better than i am in this post :)

Bottom line, this is such an enjoyable game, if like me you consider yourself a hardcore simracer of 20+ years don't dismiss this title as another Codemasters bow to the corporate powers,its so much more than that, they certainly seem based on Dirt Rally and now with F1 2016 to be back on form and it can only be good for sim and racing fans alike.

I bought it for €36 on cdkeys.com

:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,039 ✭✭✭Doge

Dcully bought a SimCade game?

Well I never!

So who hacked his boards account? ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Doge wrote: »
    Dcully bought a SimCade game?

Well I never!

So who hacked his boards account? ;)

lol i kniw right.sometimes it's nice to race something less stressful, I'm getting old .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,039 ✭✭✭Doge

Dcully wrote: »
    lol i kniw right.sometimes it's nice to race something less stressful, I'm getting old .

Hehe! Ive enjoyed sim cade through the years myself even arcade racers. Sometimes you need a bit of fun to switch off and unwind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Fully agree, F1 2016 is great fun. If I'm not mistaken it supports voice commands which I've yet to try. I've had a few crashes fiddling with the menu system to adjust different parameters such as brake balance. I bought all the previous titles except 2014. Unlike the new game, the earlier games (e.g. 2013) supported 3D Vision and track IR which really added to the immersion. I think I put 50 minutes in 2015 - the FFB was absolutely dire and ruined the game for me. All is forgiven with the new game, now off to learn the braking points for my next round at Sochi!

I can confirm the voice commands work and work brilliantly, such a great addition.

• Advertisement

Few screenshots

87C3B35164C83D62A2AF09A53F45CA174CEA0EC7

DB41E9043E39A75AF2C568E2E5A667B5E6134079

020216762D067C1B25EE4FEF733BD23AB5014654

E18065F5EC565DAD48F5E877C7BA6ED2AE2CD323

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I'll ask this here and you're a moderator so you might be able to help Dcully.
    When someone attaches images I get this:
    "Few screenshots

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)"
    Any idea why this happens? I get it in both chrome and microsoft edge.
    I realized the images are valid because they showed up in the tiny reply panel when I quoted you.

You have me there mate ,I'm afraid I haven't a clue sorry, wonder are they showing for others?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

eyerer wrote: »
    I'll ask this here and you're a moderator so you might be able to help Dcully.
    When someone attaches images I get this:
    "Few screenshots

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)"
    Any idea why this happens? I get it in both chrome and microsoft edge.
    I realized the images are valid because they showed up in the tiny reply panel when I quoted you.
    You wouldn't have some form of aggressive security/data saving settings that's stopping pictures from downloading.

Advertisement