Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a home in Kilcock

Options
  • 09-10-2016 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

My partner and I are currently looking at buying our first home. We are looking in Kilcock and in particular the Ryebridge estate. Has anyone lived in this estate or have some experience in the area as neither of us are from Kilcock.

Thanks
    Ann Marie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

amooney87 wrote: »
    Hi,

My partner and I are currently looking at buying our first home. We are looking in Kilcock and in particular the Ryebridge estate. Has anyone lived in this estate or have some experience in the area as neither of us are from Kilcock.

Thanks
    Ann Marie

You might get a better answer in the Kildare forum

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭kidneyfan

amooney87 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks
    Ann Marie

Riddled with Pyrites.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

kidneyfan wrote: »
    Riddled with Pyrites.

With respect of this- please ensure you get a proper engineering survey done- with a specific remit for checking for pyrite and pyrite damage. A number of properties in the Ryebridge estate have OSG claims for pyrite damage in for assessment. It is a concern in Ryebridge and a few other estates in the area.

You want a regular survey done- but you also want a specific engineering survey- which will look at a number of factors that a general survey doesn't address........

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

With respect of this- please ensure you get a proper engineering survey done- with a specific remit for checking for pyrite and pyrite damage. A number of properties in the Ryebridge estate have OSG claims for pyrite damage in for assessment. It is a concern in Ryebridge and a few other estates in the area.

You want a regular survey done- but you also want a specific engineering survey- which will look at a number of factors that a general survey doesn't address........

And get the seller to front this. The test is expensive. I dont carry out the test but work with people who do. In an estate that has it the likely hood of the whole estate having it is high. If the owner wont pay for it good chance it has it. Even suggest that the seller pays for it up front and gets refunded on completion of sale

Advertisement