Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School is too stressful!!!

Options
  • 09-10-2016 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I have returned to school after missing the majority of last year, and I told everyone I would be fine, however my anxiety has gotten extremely bad, I can't deal with anyone or anything while in school and I don't know why because I am perfectly fine outside of school. I have tried getting anxiety meds increased, reducing the time spent in class, but none of it is working. My parents want me to stay in school until I can get a NEPS (National Educational Psychology Service) assessment and I agreed but it is getting worse and worse, I can't handle it at all. I am allowed to take a day off when I need to, my parents are very aware of everything, but I am getting worse and worse and just want to get out and never go back, I know my parents would be OK with it as we have already discussed it, but after promising I would stay there until I got an assessment I would feel ashamed, like I am disappointing them somehow... What do I do???

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

NEPS assessment isn't what you need, you need to be referred to CAHMS

• Registered Users Posts: 5 thatjamiedude

Im already at CAMHS, they referred me for a NEPS assessment

Im already at CAMHS, they referred me for a NEPS assessment

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Hmm, seems some of those like to kick the can down the road/pass the buck . NEPS are psycho-educational, not what you need.

Hmm, seems some of those like to kick the can down the road/pass the buck . NEPS are psycho-educational, not what you need.
    Fair enough I suppose...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 lea33

remember a classmate of mine having the same problem but that was due to a trauma - she was bullied and harshly..after this became an uproar once parents found out and made the commotion..

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lea33

anyways..I do think if a person hates going to school, skips classes, or even uses yourhomeworkhelp.org in order not to have to deal with anything school related, this person has some issues either with their classmates or their teachers and if you are sure yours isn't one of the above, probably you should go to the therapy.probably there you'll get some answers (still not sure that be helpful but you can try, at least because your parents are worried)..if not, start homeschooling or change schools

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭leinsterjack

You are right, school is very stressful. It seems that it is all piled on in 3rd Year all of a sudden. You just have to remember, exams are not the be all and end all of life, like they are made out to be in the school environment.

You will have forgotten about your Junior Cert in a year or so anyway... :)

Advertisement