Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir are ignoring my complaint

Options
  • 09-10-2016 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Eir have got to be the worst service provider in this country. My broadband service is terrible (approx 1.6Mb) and is constantly dropping out. I have had more faults on my line than I care to remember. My line is in fault at the moment. I have raised a complaint on 23 sep but surprise suprise I still have not been contacted by an eir representative. I can't contact COMREG until I get a complaint number from Eir so no surprise that Eir are stalling. But this time i've had enough. I am not going to go away. If I have to ring Eir every other day for the 6 months then that's what I'll do. 80 euros a month for the 'service' I receive is just a joke. Happy to hear any advice anyone has as I'm sure I'm not the only one

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

liammac123 wrote: »
    Eir have got to be the worst service provider in this country. My broadband service is terrible  (approx 1.6Mb) and is constantly dropping out. I have had more faults on my line than I care to remember. My line is in fault at the moment. I have raised a complaint on 23 sep but surprise suprise I still have not been contacted by an eir representative. I can't contact COMREG until I get a complaint number from Eir so no surprise that Eir are stalling. But this time i've had enough. I am not going to go away. If I have to ring Eir every other day for the 6 months then that's what I'll do. 80 euros a month for the 'service' I receive is just a joke.  Happy to hear any advice anyone has as I'm sure I'm not the only one
    Hi liammac123,

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm so sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your broadband. Is there anything I can assist you with here?

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 14 liammac123

hi Pamela
    just get someone in the complaints dept to call me and give me a complaint number so I can register with COMREG.

Liam

hi Pamela
    just get someone in the complaints dept to call me and give me a complaint number so I can register with COMREG.

Liam
    No problem Liam, can you PM me your account number.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Hi liammac123,

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm so sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your broadband. Is there anything I can assist you with here?

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Solving his broadband issue I'd imagine...

stevek93 wrote: »
    Hi liammac123,

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Hi stevek93,

Is there anything I can help you with?

-Pamela 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Caillte

Eir have got to be the worst service provider in this country. My broadband service is terrible  (approx 1.6Mb) and is constantly dropping out. I have had more faults on my line than I care to remember. My line is in fault at the moment. I have raised a complaint on 23 sep but surprise suprise I still have not been contacted by an eir representative. I can't contact COMREG until I get a complaint number from Eir so no surprise that Eir are stalling. But this time i've had enough. I am not going to go away. If I have to ring Eir every other day for the 6 months then that's what I'll do. 80 euros a month for the 'service' I receive is just a joke.  Happy to hear any advice anyone has as I'm sure I'm not the only one
    Liam,

I recently have a fault with eir too in Dublin and it took 2 weeks to resolve but that involved me calling and contacting them every day. The fault was simple. The line had been cut in two by another utility. When I called the responses I was getting weren't even coordinated. One day I was told my problem would take 3 days to fix. another it was 10 days and on another it was 12 days. One rep told me my line had been fixed when it wasn't. Whats worse was they kept saying that there was nothing they could do until the standard period of x no. of days expired. When that expired then they would escalate it and another period of X days would kick in. Absolutely ridiculous. 

You call through to 1901 or 1890260260 and they put you through at least 15-20 minutes of waiting and automated responses every god damn time. Then when you get through you explain your issue all over again and then they transfer you to a department who knows absolutely nothing about they issue who puts you through to another meaningless department and so on and so forth. 

Finally I got an engineer out who made a decision that I needed a whole new line instead of reconnecting the split line. That started another lead in period. On arrival of the next engineer who was to put in a new line based on the first engineers comments told me that he wasn't allowed to drill through my house to put in a new line for fear of voiding my recently installed external insulation warranty. He then went on to say that He wasn't even allowed to even drill through the window frame. He was actually a very nice guy. I asked him why a new line was needed (he didnt know) and I also asked him what the difference between the old line and the new line was and the response was that there is less copper in the new lines. On refusal of drilling through the wall I asked him if he could repair the cable by joining them back together and he did it in 5 minutes. Problem solved. 

Had the first engineer had the brains to do that I would have had it solved within 2 days. 

Eir and their subcontractors just scream incompetency all they way through their entire customer care process. 

Hi liammac123,

Thanks,
    Pamela

Hi stevek93,

Is there anything I can help you with?

-Pamela

No thank you.

-Pamela 

My account no. 86675765

Thanks for ur comments Steve. I could write pages on the issues I've had with eir. I know they think that I will go away if they just ignore me for long enough but I've just had enough at this stage. On one occasion the engineer told me that there was a major fault on the line and that it would be too expensive for eir to fix. I believe this is the problem I've been having for the past 2 years. The problem is I live in the country so it's just not cost effective for eir to deal with the problem. But then they have no problem taking 80 quid a month off me. Still no sign of fibre coming to my area either. When I questioned one of the customer care team about the fairness of charging customers like me the same monthly rate as someone in a town or city that get infinitely faster speeds than me they had no answer of course.
    Still I'm going to see this complaint through to the end this time. Its sad that I'm feel like I've been backed into a corner on this.

-Pamela 

My account no.  86675765
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]liammac123,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'll contact the technical team in relation to this and be back to you.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I would recommend removing your account details from public view for security reasons.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Advertisement

Pamela
    this is exactly the problem I am talking about with Eir. I do not want anyone from the technical team or the faults team to contact me because I have gone through this process a hundred times. in the end an engineer will come out to my house and tell me everything is alright and Ill still have 1Mb speed that drops out regularly. I want to be clear, I AM RAISING A COMPLAINT AGAINST EIR REGARDING THE TERRIBLE SERVICE I HAVE RECEIVED OVER AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME. IT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE TO RECEIVE 1MB SPEED THAT DROPS OUT ALL THE TIME FOR €80 A MONTH. I EXPECT SOMEBODY FROM THE COMPLAINTS DEPARTMENT TO CONTACT ME. I EXPECT THEM TO GIVE ME THE COMPLAINT NUMBER ASSOCIATED WITH MY CASE.
    my contact details can be accessed from my account. you must know this. please organise for someone to contact me. that is how your complaints system is supposed to work. please surprise me and everyone who is reading this post by making this happen. i will let everyone know progress of this issue through boards.
    Liam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Pamela
    this is exactly the problem I am talking about with Eir. I do not want anyone from the technical team or the faults team to contact me because I have gone through this process a hundred times. in the end an engineer will come out to my house and tell me everything is alright and Ill still have 1Mb speed that drops out regularly. I want to be clear, I AM RAISING A COMPLAINT AGAINST EIR REGARDING THE TERRIBLE SERVICE I HAVE RECEIVED OVER AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME. IT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE TO RECEIVE 1MB SPEED THAT DROPS OUT ALL THE TIME FOR €80 A MONTH. I EXPECT SOMEBODY FROM THE COMPLAINTS DEPARTMENT TO CONTACT ME. I EXPECT THEM TO GIVE ME THE COMPLAINT NUMBER ASSOCIATED WITH MY CASE.
    my contact details can be accessed from my account. you must know this. please organise for someone to contact me. that is how your complaints system is supposed to work. please surprise me and everyone who is reading this post by making this happen. i will let everyone know progress of this issue through boards.
    Liam

Send your complaint to ccm@eir.ie
    It won't get raised here, speaking from experience.

Pamela
    Liam

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]liammac123,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]if you change your mind I am more than happy to ask them to look into this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm afraid I would be unable to arrange this from here. All complaints must be submitted by the account holder directly to the eir complaints team. You can submit your complaint online here https://www.eir.ie/logacomplaint.jsp[/font]

thanks for nothing Pamela
    but as I already said I have contacted the complaints team on 23-SEP-2016 so you are just telling me to do what i have already done. this thread of conversation just confirms to everyone what i am talking about. you are patrolling the boards in some sort of an attempt to appear to be offering help but as you have demonstrated, you havent told me anything new or helped me any further. i will contact the complaints team using the link you suggest but I will probably have more success using the email address that one of the boards users has posted. we'll see.

but as I already said I have contacted the complaints team on 23-SEP-2016 so you are just telling me to do what i have already done. this thread of conversation just confirms to everyone what i am talking about. you are patrolling the boards in some sort of an attempt to appear to be offering help but as you have demonstrated, you havent told me anything new or helped me any further. i will contact the complaints team using the link you suggest but I will probably have more success using the email address that one of the boards users has posted. we'll see.

Thanks for ur comments Steve. I could write pages on the issues I've had with eir. I know they think that I will go away if they just ignore me for long enough but I've just had enough at this stage. On one occasion the engineer told me that there was a major fault on the line and that it would be too expensive for eir to fix. I believe this is the problem I've been having for the past 2 years. The problem is I live in the country so it's just not cost effective for eir to deal with the problem. But then they have no problem taking 80 quid a month off me. Still no sign of fibre coming to my area either. When I questioned one of the customer care team about the fairness of charging customers like me the same monthly rate as someone in a town or city that get infinitely faster speeds than me they had no answer of course.
    Still I'm going to see this complaint through to the end this time. Its sad that I'm feel like I've been backed into a corner on this.

I had the same with eir http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057588129/1/#post99465237

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear you feel this way [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]liammac123. [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] I am more than happy to liaise with the technical team in relation to this however as previously advised as I am unable to log a complaint from here as they would need to be logged via the process advised. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you have logged a complaint the 23rd of September an agent should be in contact with you soon. The standard lead time on a complaint is up to 20 working days.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

just go to comreg and explain the situation....I'm sure they will up hold your complaint without a reference number

Pamela
    A couple of points you should note since you are representing Eir;
    1) I have contacted Eir to raise this complaint on about 4 occasions at this stage. The automated emails I received indicated I would be contacted within 2 days in some cases and 10 days on others. You should check with your manager so that you all know what in fact is the actual response time.
    2) tomorrow will be the 20th working day since I made my complaint so according to your understanding, I will be contacted tomorrow. I can't wait. Finally someone from Eir is going to talk to me. I hope your colleagues in the complaints depth don't let you down. You have little enough credibility without another example of how Eir are indeed the worst service provider in Ireland.

Liam

to anyone out there who is reading these posts, heres an update.
    Eir did not contact me today. so contrary to what Eir's representative on Boards.ie told me, Eir do not contact their customers on within 2 days, 10 days or even 20 days in relation to a complaint being raised. But at least Pamela was consistent with what I would have expected; apathy! if I was the Eir representative making claims on a public forum like boards.ie, i would have checked with the complaints dept to make sure they contact the customer the next day so that at least i could come back with 'I'm glad to report that the complaints dept contacted you and that your issue is in the process of getting resolved'. but in true Eir style, Pamela will talk the talk but really cares less. 
    Anyway, I'll ring EIr again tomorrow and continue to try and talk to someone who will take my complaint seriously.

Liam

• Advertisement

Eir did not contact me today. so contrary to what Eir's representative on Boards.ie told me, Eir do not contact their customers on within 2 days, 10 days or even 20 days in relation to a complaint being raised. But at least Pamela was consistent with what I would have expected; apathy! if I was the Eir representative making claims on a public forum like boards.ie, i would have checked with the complaints dept to make sure they contact the customer the next day so that at least i could come back with 'I'm glad to report that the complaints dept contacted you and that your issue is in the process of getting resolved'. but in true Eir style, Pamela will talk the talk but really cares less. 
    Anyway, I'll ring EIr again tomorrow and continue to try and talk to someone who will take my complaint seriously.

Liam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Liam

Email them using address I gave earlier. Tell them you need a reference number for COMREG as it's needed to log a complaint. That's what I did, they replied within 24 hours with my reference.

Liam
    Hi  liammac123,

The complaints team have advised they have been in contact with you in relation to this.

-Pamela 

Hi Pamela
    I just want to point out that I contacted the Eir complaints dept today at about 14:00. They did not contact me. thanks for the update at 15:42.
    In any case, I did get to speak to a helpful lady called Egle. she advised me that my complaint had been closed and the technical issue resolved. I politely pointed out to her that not only is my broadband still not working properly (about 1.6MB speed that keeps dropping out) but my complaint was in relation to the shocking poor service Eir have provided over the last 2 year period. i specifically mean that I have to pay €80 per month for a faulty service. I reminded Egle that Eir had not contacted me in relation to closing out my complaint.  Egle has since raised my 2 issues (technical and service) on the system and has given me a complaint number. 
    I subsequently received an email from the technical team to tell me that they have performed extensive testing on my broadband and that it is stable with a speed of 3MB. after nearly having a heart attack i composed myself enough to respond and tell them how inaccurate their information is. I've since carried out a speed test on my line and its a whopping 1.8MB. Anyone living in towns or cities stop laughing now! of course, 1.8MB would be more than enough for someone like me if it would just stop dropping out all the time.
    we'll see what happens from here

Liam

thanks Steol. I've made some progress today. you can read my post.
    SteoL wrote: »

Liam

Email them using address I gave earlier. Tell them you need a reference number for COMREG as it's needed to log a complaint. That's what I did, they replied within 24 hours with my reference.

Hi Pamela
    I just want to point out that I contacted the Eir complaints dept today at about 14:00. They did not contact me. thanks for the update at 15:42.
    In any case, I did get to speak to a helpful lady called Egle. she advised me that my complaint had been closed and the technical issue resolved. I politely pointed out to her that not only is my broadband still not working properly (about 1.6MB speed that keeps dropping out) but my complaint was in relation to the shocking poor service Eir have provided over the last 2 year period. i specifically mean that I have to pay €80 per month for a faulty service. I reminded Egle that Eir had not contacted me in relation to closing out my complaint.  Egle has since raised my 2 issues (technical and service) on the system and has given me a complaint number. 
    I subsequently received an email from the technical team to tell me that they have performed extensive testing on my broadband and that it is stable with a speed of 3MB. after nearly having a heart attack i composed myself enough to respond and tell them how inaccurate their information is. I've since carried out a speed test on my line and its a whopping 1.8MB. Anyone living in towns or cities stop laughing now! of course, 1.8MB would be more than enough for someone like me if it would just stop dropping out all the time.
    we'll see what happens from here

Liam
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]liammac123, [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]please do let us know if you need any further assistance.[/font]

had a visit from an Eir engineer. turns out there is a fault on the line between the cable on the outside wall of my house and the point where the modem is plugged in. The engineer indicated this fault is the reason for the slow broadband speed and connection dropping out all the time. I have to run a cat 5 wire between both points and hopefully this will fix the problem.

had a visit from an Eir engineer. turns out there is a fault on the line between the cable on the outside wall of my house and the point where the modem is plugged in. The engineer indicated this fault is the reason for the slow broadband speed and connection dropping out all the time. I have to run a cat 5 wire between both points and hopefully this will fix the problem.
    That's great to hear  liammac123, glad to hear you got to the bottom of it.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

But isn't it Eirs responsibility up to their termination point inside the house. What is the engineer doing expecting you to do his job?

• Advertisement

my3cents wrote: »
    But isn't it Eirs responsibility up to their termination point inside the house. What is the engineer doing expecting you to do his job?
    I would have thought so.....
    still. progress though!

Advertisement