Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech cs 250 bell box wiring

Options
  • 09-10-2016 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all i have a aritech cs250 alarm panel with an LED keypad i also have a aritech as587xxl external bell box that i want to wire up to the panel but have tried multiple ways but still does not work hoping some one here can help me thanks i can try and post photos of the panel and bell box if needs be

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you can post up pictures of panel & bell wiring that would help up sort it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Fergusonk65

I cant seem to post the pictures as im new to this how can i send them to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Wossack

could you upload them to photobucket or the like? you should be able to just post the links here then

Hi all cant seem to get the photos to work so il type the terminals up on the bell box it says strb-,ext-,ext+,bho,Tl,Tr
    On the panel i have internal bell and external bell outputs aswell as a constant 12v out hope someone can help me out thanks again!ðŸ˜႒

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi
    Wire as follows

strb - >>>>>> Internal Bell -
    ext ->>>>>>>External Bell -
    ext+ >>>>>>> External Bell +,
    bho,>>>>>>>> Tamper - (Right hand terminal with hammer symbol)
    TR >>>>>>>>>Tamper Ret (Left hand terminal with hammer symbol). This will be in series with a 4K7 resistor.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that kool kid also i hooked up an lcd keypad (second hand was working and fully reset) but when i push no+# nothing happens it keeps showing it on the screen and flashes on and off

You may need to default and add the keypad then.

KoolKid wrote: »
    You may need to default and add the keypad then.

How would i go about defaulting the keypad im new to this im only 15 but love alarms and cctv so this is my first system i got

Sorry, just realised it's a CS250 there's no factory link on these. You would need an installer to flash this panel if you want to get a new keypad online.
    Is the original keypad still connected or available?

Sorry, just realised it's a CS250 there's no factory link on these. You would need an installer to flash this panel if you want to get a new keypad online.
    Is the original keypad still connected or available?
    No i got the panel for free and the got a keypad for free of some friends but no+# does nothing when pressed so im a bit lost on what to do now

• Advertisement

Have you tried pressing and holding them down?

Have you tried pressing and holding them down?

How long should i hold them down for

Hold down for 10-15 seconds and see if you get any reaction.

Hold down for 10-15 seconds and see if you get any reaction.

Just done it there says the same thing no+# i just held them down i didnt press the simultaniois that time but i have tried them simultaniusly

Advertisement