Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for interior fit out

Options
  • 09-10-2016 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,105 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, looking for recommendations for interiors from people who have recently renovated or furnished a new house.

Looking for decent quality at sensible prices

Mainly:

Flooring - engineered wood or solid and good quality carpets
    Lighting - decent selection of large lighting pieces
    Furniture - good quality sofas and beds
    Artwork - nice prints that we can get in large sizes
    Sheds - looking for a decent garden shed ideally slightly larger and one that can be painted
    Wood work - bespoke book case style tv stand for whole wall in sitting room

thanks in advance for any recommendations

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

In accordance with the forum charter, recommendations by pm only please

• Registered Users Posts: 20,105 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Even for shops?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Cyrus wrote: »
    Even for shops?

Similar for most sub forums now.
    You can't even recommend a company even if your feedback is praising them. It's to keep it fair I suppose, no shaming and no praising companies. Keeps boards legal team happy too :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Wood work - bespoke book case style tv stand for whole wall in sitting room

Always wanted one of them! But the price is prohibitive for most.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,336 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Flooring is very much personal. This year I have refurb'd 3,000 sq ft with a combination of engineered Jatoba (Brazilian cherry), great carpets and parquet (individual Blocks beautifully laid by a guy from Belfast).

Furniture, there's a great range in a UK company which is (something).com.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,105 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

thanks for all the advice so far,

on flooring there are few places i have spoken to (to be fair at the upper end of the market reputation wise) They are talking about 95 per m2 for top quality parquet + vat and a little less but not much for standard boards.

Is that the going rate or should i be trying to achieve a little better than that?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

There's a chain of shops doing an engineered floor for 18.99 at the moment. It's the parquet style but straight rather than v shapes, it's in a nice light oak colour.
    It's the cheapest I've seen an engineered floor, same floor was about 60 in another nationwide chain.
    Picked one up for a bedroom were refreshing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

thanks for all the advice so far,

on flooring there are few places i have spoken to (to be fair at the upper end of the market reputation wise) They are talking about 95 per m2 for top quality parquet + vat and a little less but not much for standard boards.

Is that the going rate or should i be trying to achieve a little better than that?

I have a flooring business and the "top of the range" shops in Dublin charge crazy prices ( i suppose they have to as the premise etc have to be paid for )
    Pm me with what your looking for if you want quotes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

There's a chain of shops doing an engineered floor for 18.99 at the moment. It's the parquet style but straight rather than v shapes, it's in a nice light oak colour.
    It's the cheapest I've seen an engineered floor, same floor was about 60 in another nationwide chain.
    Picked one up for a bedroom were refreshing.
    That's a lot more realistic and yes you can buy the same thing in different shops for double that.

Advertisement