Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAYG gas meter problems

Options
  • 09-10-2016 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

I'm a tenant, my landlord has blessed me with a payg gas meter. He's mean to get the bill pay back.

Questions:

-got an email, 5% off price reduction on gas from 1st Oct. Where? The meter displays the same unit price as it has been for a while.
    -it there any online top up options? If not, why?? 21st century, I must go to the shop every time.
    -why is the extra charge for topping up? If it wasn't enough going to the shop and bringing my cash, I pay 50c charge at some places. Why? Other places don't charge me anything!
    -no printed bills available. All I got is a 1 line screen on the meter, I want more details.

Thank you!

Ps: this meter thing could be good for those who are in arrears but all the others, huge pain in the back. TBH I don't see any point of the payg makes you save money at all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi padyjoe,

Thanks for your message.

The recent gas price reduction should be updated automatically to all gas Pay As You Go meters. However, if could take three to four top-ups for the price change to be fully registered on the meter. If you have topped up the meter three to four times, and the price change has not been reflected on your meter, we would recommend contacting Gas Networks Ireland directly, as there may be a fault causing the meter not to register the price reduction. Gas Networks Ireland can be contacted on 1850 200 694.

Further contact details for Gas Networks Ireland can be found online here.

Currently there is no online top-up option for the gas Pay As You Go meters, due to the meter type. This form of meter, used as the Pay As You Go gas meter by all gas suppliers, does not support an online top-up option.

If your local store is requiring an extra charge to top-up, could you please send us a private message with the following details?
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    • The name of the shop
    • The address of the shop
    We can then notify Payzone of this, for further investigation.

All information regarding your meter, is available to view on the meter. If you press and hold the main button on the meter for 30 seconds, you will be directed to a list 30 screen options. This should provide you with information regarding your meter and your top-ups.

We hope this helps. Should you have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Thank you Brige! The unit price has been changed after the next top up, so it's ok now. 
    Ok, as I see, I won't have any option of detailed use only the meter screen. (Which I think in not enough, one can't go back months, can't display daily usage, etc. and inconvenient.)

PM you with shop details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Electric Ireland: Alex

Hi padyjoe,

Thanks for the update and we are happy to hear that the unit price has now updated on your gas Pay As You Go meter.

We have received your PM and a member of our team will respond to you shortly.

Thanks,
    Alex

Advertisement