Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog eating conkers

• 09-10-2016 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Wonder if anyone has any advise on how stop/ help this for dog? I have a 1 year old springer spaniel who started making a game for himself jumping up to grab conkers off the tree a few months back. this was fine as he could only reach a few but now since it's the time they are falling off he is breaking open shell and chewing on conkers. I tried giving out to him, offering a treat instead but nothing has worked. There are 100s of the blasted things. As soon I have yard cleared( 3 wheel barrows one time) an hour later it's as bad as ever. He has now started vomiting and is off his food and I can't think of what else to do. Any ideas welcome please. He's a very smart dog and quick to learn so I think I'm missing the obvious

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

A muzzle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Is he swallowing them or chewing on them because from what I can remember and I'm open to being corrected, conkers when ingested can make a dog ill. In terms of trying to keep him away from them a good solid 'leave it' command would be useful and also having other toys/balls etc that he can play with rather than the conkers might work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,488 ✭✭✭✭Alun

http://www.k9magazine.com/conkers/

According to this they're poisonous, and also pose a choking hazard, so quite dangerous!

Advertisement