Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car suggestions for 10k

• 09-10-2016 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all, looking for suggestions for a car for around 10k. I don't do huge mileage, about 10,000km a year. Just needs to fit a buggy and 2 kids car seats. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What sort of driving are you doing?
    Traffic? Stop/start?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 amdddc

Mainly country roads, very little stop/start.

What car model would this be replacing?

Replacing a 2001 Toyota corolla. 1.4 petrol.

Cool. And how do you find the Corolla size wise?
    Do you want a bigger boot?
    Is the Corolla a lift back or saloon?

• Advertisement

It's a little too small with 2 kids. It's a hatchback. Would like something a bit bigger. Haven't bought a car in years as this car never caused me any trouble. Looking for something, economical, reliable and mid size. Besides that I really haven't a clue about cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Honda Civic or Honda FRV.

Civic hatchback isn't great for child seats. The rear doors are quite small so you need to contort yourself to get a kid in. Have one myself.
    Once inside they're grand and the boot easily swallows baby stuff though.

Toyota Verso S is in my head for some reason! 1.33 engine is a peach, they have great use of space, boot is well shaped and sized. It's not a big car but it's big inside.

Hyundai i30 worth a look if you want to stay in the Focus/Corolla type segment. Reason I like them, is they've got a long wheelbase, there's good rear seat room and the doors are big. The 1.4 petrol is very reliable and powerful in comparison to other 1.4s

Thanks for suggestions, off to research those cars.

Advertisement