Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2007 Ford Focus passive key problem

• 09-10-2016 10:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Hi there, recently bought a 07 Focus which came with two key fobs. The battery was dead in one and very low in the other. I tried to change the battery of the key fob that was low, but now the car wont recognise the fob. I'm currently using the spare key that is contained within the key fob to open and start the car.

I have tried to follow the instructions in the manual to try to re programme the key fob, but I never hear a "beep" that the manual says I should hear after turning the ignition from on to off 4 times in 6 seconds to indicate that a key fob can be programmed (I am using the spare key to turn the ignition). Is there anything I'm doing wrong or would anyone know how I go about getting the key fob to work again?

Thanks in advance

Eoin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Is the battery in the key the right way round firstly.
    Do you have the keyblade inserted into the ignition barrell ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

Is the battery in the key the right way round firstly.
    Do you have the keyblade inserted into the ignition barrell ??

I'm certain the battery is in the right way up (doubled checked just to be sure!) . Yes currently have the key blade inserted in the ignition.

Advertisement