Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with windows restore

Options
  • 09-10-2016 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, was hoping for some help with a recent problem. my daughters laptop was giving trouble so i tried a system restore which seem to go well until the laptop tried to restart, the Toshiba logo came up and then when it went to go to windows, the screen went blue with black and white lines going through and then rebooted again. it just keeps doing the same thing again the OS just wont seem to start?

laptop is toshiba satelite and os is windows 8

any help much appreciated.
    thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sounds like a failed GPU, not a software issue.

Has it ever been dusted? Id start there.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

Can you enter into safe mode? (This is done diferently from laptop to laptop sometimes, so I'd double check online how your's handles it) If so, it is most likely a driver issue or something else software releated.
    If you cannot, I would just wipe the drive and re-install Windows. There should be an OEM key to activate your Windows, so if you ring Microsoft, they should be able to re-activate it for you with the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CmL2510

thanks for your help guys. i got it sorted. couldn't enter in safe mode but got into advanced options by pressing F12 and did a HDD recovery from there. thanks again for your help!!

Advertisement