Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good fast food restaurant in Dublin city and surrounding

Options
  • 09-10-2016 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

So we will be in Dublin tomorrow, at the German embassy.

Are there any good fast food type restaurants around that area and/or Dublin city? We are traveling with 2 children, 2.5 year old and 5 weeks, so sitting down somewhere to eat is not an option. Looking for stores where we can good pizza, döner or burgers for takeaway - no major fast food chains though, we have those in cork just fine, something local would be nice.

If we could get there in, say, 15-30 minutes from the embassy, that would be grand.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

German Embassy is in Booterstown.
    There's a Firehouse Pizza place not too far away on the Rock Rd:
    http://www.firehousepizza.ie/order-from-booterstown.html

Stillorgan Shopping Centre isn't far away, and you have Maos, Eddie Rockets and a decent normal chipper up that way too.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭MrMorooka

Vaguely interesting thing I noticed, the embassy is blurred out on Google Street View. https://goo.gl/maps/pSE1QnTpunt

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

MrMorooka wrote: »
    Vaguely interesting thing I noticed, the embassy is blurred out on Google Street View. https://goo.gl/maps/pSE1QnTpunt
    They take their data protection pretty seriously. I've noticed this while Streetviewing around Munich, eg.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭murfilein

whiskeyman wrote: »
    German Embassy is in Booterstown.
    There's a Firehouse Pizza place not too far away on the Rock Rd:
    http://www.firehousepizza.ie/order-from-booterstown.html

Got the flashover chicken pizza from them - fabulous! Really one of the better pizzas I've eaten. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

murfilein wrote: »
    Got the flashover chicken pizza from them - fabulous! Really one of the better pizzas I've eaten. Thanks!

good stuff!
    I've never been but it always looked good... must try it now! :D

• Advertisement

whiskeyman wrote: »
    good stuff!
    I've never been but it always looked good... must try it now! :D

I wholeheartedly recommend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I wholeheartedly recommend :D

It's damn good. Unfortunately I don't live near one anymore. They were a regular/weekly hungover feast on a Saturday for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

The Chief is also pretty good as are most of their other pizzas. Only thing I'd say to avoid is their vegan cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

L wrote: »
    The Chief is also pretty good as are most of their other pizzas. Only thing I'd say to avoid is their vegan cheese.

Obviously :pac:

L wrote: »

Vegan cheese? So not made out of milk??

I think I'm not gonna bother :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

Birneybau wrote: »
    Obviously :pac:
    Vegan cheese? So not made out of milk??

I think I'm not gonna bother :D

Still, it's good information to know for when you've someone around who can't eat cheese. Out of two lactose intolerant friends who've tried it, neither will eat it again (or finished that pizza). They'd rather eat the pizza without cheese or suffer the side effects than eat Firehouse's vegan cheese. :P

Advertisement