Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a small discrete pir light

Options
  • 09-10-2016 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for a 230V light for my hall to pick up a child walking down it in the dark. I'd like to wall mount it if possible with a wide angle on it.
    Any ideas appreciated, photo PIR built in would be great but I could work around that

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

That's just the pir I'm.lookomg for the light itself

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Stoner wrote: »
    That's just the pir I'm.lookomg for the light itself

You could connect the PIR to a suitable light or use one of these:

http://www.steinel.de/en/Lights-Floodlights/Indoor-Lights/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,550 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Would you consider fitting an LED or CFL and just leaving it on?
    An 11W left on 24 hours a day for 365 days costs just 15 euro for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I have all the control gear I need.
    Just looking for a nice small wide angled led.
    If has built in controls all the better , but its the fitting I'm looking for.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

Aldi or lidl had night lights (plug in) a couple of weeks ago. LED with built in PIR, very bright, instant on & a very sensitive 180 degree PIR. have one plugged in on a standard landing & it comes on the second someone comes out of one of the rooms & illuminates the entire place.

Advertisement