Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seamus Power - PGA Tour Winner 2021/22

Comments

I don't know how late but I think he only got into the tournament at the very last minute. I'm guessing that wouldn't have helped with the start he got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭bailey99

I'm not sure if he's family settled in the states, but I think Seamus looks to pick up a few top tens a d decent paydays on PGA tour. The standard out there is unreal so if he can be around 100-150 each year, it's great going for him.

If circumstances permitted, I think he'd do very well on the European tour. The money is a lot smaller but the standards are fairly poor compared to PGA tour. It's like division five or six in football parlays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

callaway92 wrote: »
    Or he's just not good enough?

Bit of a nasty comment. The poster said finding out last minute wouldn't help a player. This is 100% correct.

bailey99 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if he's family settled in the states, but I think Seamus looks to pick up a few top tens a d decent paydays on PGA tour. The standard out there is unreal so if he can be around 100-150 each year, it's great going for him.

If circumstances permitted, I think he'd do very well on the European tour. The money is a lot smaller but the standards are fairly poor compared to PGA tour. It's like division five or six in football parlays.

Division 2 or 3 I would say.
    Division 5 or 6 are part timers and amateurs.

Division 2????? If there's 100 players in a division is it?

The lads coming 100-150 on PGA tour are better than the European tour players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

ClutchIt wrote: »
    Bit of a nasty comment. The poster said finding out last minute wouldn't help a player. This is 100% correct.

That’s not what he said - he referred to Power getting less starts, not finding out last minute.

Anyway - get real.. if someone isn’t good enough they’re not good enough, and that’s my thoughts.

Obv I want him to do well but I’m a realist about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I'd imagine he'll earn more on the korn ferry tour than he ever would on the euro tour.

Plus he's been in the states for years at this stage so if he's happy there why move back.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Green Peter

That’s not what he said - he referred to Power getting less starts, not finding out last minute.

Anyway - get real.. if someone isn’t good enough they’re not good enough, and that’s my thoughts.

Obv I want him to do well but I’m a realist about it.

It's a great career achievement to play on the PGA tour. I've met him and he's a gentleman. He does quite well on the sponsorship side of things as well. I think he would not swap places with anyone on here.

It's a great career achievement to play on the PGA tour. I've met him and he's a gentleman. He does quite well on the sponsorship side of things as well. I think he would not swap places with anyone on here.

I’m not saying it isn’t and I’m not saying he isn’t.

I’m saying he’s not good enough - why are you saying what you’re saying above? It means nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭chalky_ie

What does this even mean? They are clearly not better than the top European Tour players, I think you're understating the European Tour quite a bit here.

• Advertisement

Tell me the top five European tour players that don't play predominantly on the PGA Tour please.

I’m not saying it isn’t and I’m not saying he isn’t.

I’m saying he’s not good enough - why are you saying what you’re saying above? It means nothing.

Im sorry I can't explain it any more simply to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭paulos53

Tell me the top five European tour players that don't play predominantly on the PGA Tour please.

Based on world rankings:

Victor Perez - 34th in world
    Lee Westwood - 37th
    Bernd Wiesberger - 42nd
    Robert MacIntyre - 52nd
    Andy Sullivan - 53rd

Edit: Also Christiaan Bezuidenhout - 35th in the world

Im sorry I can't explain it any more simply to you.

If the above is your explaining then thank god you’re stopping.

paulos53 wrote: »
    Based on world rankings:

Victor Perez - 34th in world
    Lee Westwood - 37th
    Bernd Wiesberger - 42nd
    Robert MacIntyre - 52nd
    Andy Sullivan - 53rd

Edit: Also Christiaan Bezuidenhout - 35th in the world

I stand corrected. They are world class golfers. Only matter of time before they move to PGA tour and win majors. They are top class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

I stand corrected. They are world class golfers. Only matter of time before they move to PGA tour and win majors. They are top class.

You said the tour was the equivilant of Division 5 or 6.

Do you stand by that??

If I'd to pick the top 80 golfers in the world ( four divisions of twenty) I'd suspect only a handful less than 5 would be European tour only players.

Westwood plays PGA tour. So does wiesberger. And biezen south African he played 11 PGA events last season. They hold dual tour membership.

The European tour players, who don't hold PGA tour membership, restrictive or not, or division 4 or 5 players for certain.

Who are the top five European tour members that do not play the PGA tour.

I am open to correction but I believe the 6 players I listed above do not have PGA Tour cards.
    No doubt they have eligibility to play a number of tournaments per season but choose to play most of their golf on the European Tour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭chalky_ie

If I'd to pick the top 80 golfers in the world ( four divisions of twenty) I'd suspect only a handful less than 5 would be European tour only players.

Well that's a pretty different statement to saying that lads coming 100-150 on the PGA tour are better than the European tour players, isn't it? I don't think anyone is going to argue that the standard is lower, but you're making it out like they can barely swing a club.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭boardise

Trampas wrote: »
    He’s very prone to some very bad 3 putts

Prescient...had a 3P from 7 ft in 1st round !

There's none so blind as them that wot won't listen.

Well you said in football terms. Division 5 & 6 in football are part timers and amateurs.

I would agree that if you only putting 20 golfers in a division, then the Euro only players would be mostly division 5. A handful division 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Salvadoor

Seamus is in the Monday Qualifier for the Waste Management open today - only 3 spots available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Westwood plays PGA tour. So does wiesberger. And biezen south African he played 11 PGA events last season. They hold dual tour membership.

The European tour players, who don't hold PGA tour membership, restrictive or not, or division 4 or 5 players for certain.

So is your argument that the top Euro only tour players are not as good as the guys at 150 on the PGA tour?

Its kinda strange to exclude the guys on the European tour who also play the PGA tour...yunno, the best guys...?:confused:

Its basically saying that, other than the good guys, the guys on the European tour arent that good, which I'm not sure the value of.

• Advertisement

GreeBo wrote: »
    So is your argument that the top Euro only tour players are not as good as the guys at 150 on the PGA tour?

Its kinda strange to exclude the guys on the European tour who also play the PGA tour...yunno, the best guys...?:confused:

Its basically saying that, other than the good guys, the guys on the European tour arent that good, which I'm not sure the value of.

Isn't it amazing how europe competes with them in the ryder cup at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

Isn't it amazing how europe competes with them in the ryder cup at all.

Absolutely, Paddy and the boys will dish out a beating in autumn despite the "best players" being on the American side!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭Sipper

Salvadoor wrote: »
    Seamus is in the Monday Qualifier for the Waste Management open today - only 3 spots available

He withdrew, before the 1st round. Not playing this week.

Casey, rahm, McIlroy, poulter, Fleetwood, Hatton, Stenson, Fitzpatrick, Lowry, Cabrera Bello, Garcia, Wallace, rose, molinardi, Noren, hofland.

Them 16, all play predominantly on PGA tour full time. I'm happy to bet them will occupy at least 11 of the 12 slots on Ryder cup.

We won't see Aron Rai or MacIntyre in the Ryder cup. If I'd to bet on a match between the fella coming 150th on PGA tour or tenth best place on European tour only !not playing PGA) then I'd back the 150th placed player everytime.

Re the Ryder cup, hope Europe win of course. But it'll be McIlroy, rose, rahm, hofland etc who are the cause if that if they do win.

Casey, rahm, McIlroy, poulter, Fleetwood, Hatton, Stenson, Fitzpatrick, Lowry, Cabrera Bello, Garcia, Wallace, rose, molinardi, Noren, hofland.

Them 16, all play predominantly on PGA tour full time. I'm happy to bet them will occupy at least 11 of the 12 slots on Ryder cup.

We won't see Aron Rai or MacIntyre in the Ryder cup. If I'd to bet on a match between the fella coming 150th on PGA tour or tenth best place on European tour only !not playing PGA) then I'd back the 150th placed player everytime.

Re the Ryder cup, hope Europe win of course. But it'll be McIlroy, rose, rahm, hofland etc who are the cause if that if they do win.
    Again, your argument is to exclude the best players on the european tour....

If you were to say that the #100 on the PGA is better than the #100 on the European tour I could accept it, since the depth of the two tours is so different, but at the top, there isnt much if any difference and you can argue either way (Major wins vs Ryder Cup wins for example)

• Advertisement

God help ya. Rory McIlroy is playing on the European tour.

God help ya. Rory McIlroy is playing on the European tour.

So they have European tour cards because...Santa?

I'd a big reply written out to you but i thought to myself this fella just doesn't get it. Bless. Forget about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

I'd a big reply written out to you but i thought to myself this fella just doesn't get it. Bless. Forget about it.

Maybe you should stop talking to yourself, it might help??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭Southern Comfort

Seamus Power playing with Aaron Baddeley and K.J. Choi.

Teeing off at 5:59 p.m. Irish time.

https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/at-t-pebble-beach-pro-am/tee-times.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Trampas

A couple 3 putts yesterday and another one today

Just had 3 birdies in a row to move inside the cut line with 4 holes left to play

If shot tracker is accurate then he just missed a 17 inch putt for par on his 17th hole. Looking like another missed cut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

paulos53 wrote: »
    If shot tracker is accurate then he just missed a 17 inch putt for par on his 17th hole. Looking like another missed cut

Missed cut....he actually started on 10.....you thinks that saves him

But he missed a 3 footer on 8 to miss cut

Guy has putting issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

T21 on -5 in the Puerto Rico Open and will be playing the weekend. Made 6 birdies out of the 8 par 5s over the 2 rounds so distance helping him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Trampas

Starts fast and then throws in his usual 3 putt to put the breaks on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Seamus 3 off lead after 14 holes today, 4 under for his round, 2 par 5s in his last 4 holes so hope he picks up 1 or 2 more before the end of his round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

Finished on -10, joint 5th. He didn't birdie any of the par 5s on back 9 but I'd say he's happy enough.

Hope he shoots a decent score tomorrow and stays in the top 5 as I think that will give him a start in The Arnold Palmer invitational

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

How was his putting??

gypsy79 wrote: »
    How was his putting??

77 Putts in 3 rounds is very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Finished on -10, joint 5th. He didn't birdie any of the par 5s on back 9 but I'd say he's happy enough.

Its better than the usual 7's and 8's that he makes on par 5's

After a good start in final round Seamus has stuttered and at level par for the day after 14 holes he has dropped to 15th position now 8 shots behind the leader on what looks like judging by the scores an easier day for scoring, hopefully he picks up a shot or 2 coming in and pick up a decent cheque

Finished and a level par Rd his worst of the week on payday drops him down from 5th to tied 22nd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭the long lad

$29k pay day isn't to be sneezed at. Realistically it's a survival game for him at the moment and he needs those payouts to keep the show on the road and hopefully he has a massive week at some stage. I have to laugh at people criticising him, seems like he is doing okay to me, would love to have that kind of lifestyle.

Advertisement