Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clusters of upsetting dreams

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Another interesting little thing. Sometimes when i wake in the middle of a dream that i can remember i would often think about it for a while, hoping to get back to sleep. A lot of these times i would think where i would like the dream to go but don't really plan yet sometimes my dreams will go the way i wished when i fall back asleep..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

The first one: My family were trying to turn me against my Dad for some reason. In the dream, I kept on having flashbacks to past events (in the dream world, if you understand) where he was violently angry, we were burying a body in the forest. My Dad in real life is a funny guy and a gentleman, so it messed with my head to see him like that in the dream.

The second one: I was cuddling with this petite brunette. Suddenly there were detectives gathered around and they were all laughing at me. Then this guy comes in and says that I'm innocent (not sure of what). Suddenly he's in the bathroom (Which is made of glass walls) and he takes an old fashioned cutt-throat razor and slits his throat. It suddenly cuts away to me and my ex-gf watching it on a huge TV screen and she's excitedly saying "The demon made him do it! Look, look!" and the demon came on the screen. In the dream I started freaking out and screaming. I looked away from the TV but I could still see the demon. I woke up then.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hugo, i really understand that stuff. The most disturbing element in my dreams, for me anyway, is people i know becoming unrecognisable in the way they act. As you said there your Dad is a gentlemen it must be horrifying see him act in an evil manner, that's quite similar to my own dreams where people change and it's definitely the hardest of the bad dreams to shake off.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

A lot of these times i would think where i would like the dream to go but don't really plan yet sometimes my dreams will go the way i wished when i fall back asleep..
    It's grand when a spicy dream picks up where it left off, which I've been lucky to experience every now and then.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

The first one: My family were trying to turn me against my Dad for some reason. In the dream, I kept on having flashbacks to past events (in the dream world, if you understand) where he was violently angry, we were burying a body in the forest. My Dad in real life is a funny guy and a gentleman, so it messed with my head to see him like that in the dream.
    Methinks that dreams should not be taken literally. Alternatively, they can introduce thoughts to ponder, although their origins may be irrational. (Not sure where these comments came from, other than the first few sips of my java have yet to take hold after a late Friday night)
    The second one: I was cuddling with this petite brunette. Suddenly there were detectives gathered around and they were all laughing at me. Then this guy comes in and says that I'm innocent (not sure of what). Suddenly he's in the bathroom (Which is made of glass walls) and he takes an old fashioned cutt-throat razor and slits his throat. It suddenly cuts away to me and my ex-gf watching it on a huge TV screen and she's excitedly saying "The demon made him do it! Look, look!" and the demon came on the screen. In the dream I started freaking out and screaming. I looked away from the TV but I could still see the demon. I woke up then.
    Hope Hugo is taking notes, as this could play for an interesting short-short story plot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

The first one: My family were trying to turn me against my Dad for some reason.
    Nightmare.
    Typical dream. Entertaining. I enjoy them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Hugo, i really understand that stuff. The most disturbing element in my dreams, for me anyway, is people i know becoming unrecognisable in the way they act. As you said there your Dad is a gentlemen it must be horrifying see him act in an evil manner, that's quite similar to my own dreams where people change and it's definitely the hardest of the bad dreams to shake off.
    Unrecognizable? Physical appearance? Or personality? Both?

Black Swan wrote: »
    Methinks that dreams should not be taken literally.
    Wise choice. Consider case studies? Both Sigmund and Anna Freud interpretations prescientific. Too subjective. Nonsense mostly.

Methinks that dreams should not be taken literally. Alternatively, they can introduce thoughts to ponder, although their origins may be irrational. (Not sure where these comments came from, other than the first few sips of my java have yet to take hold after a late Friday night)

Hope Hugo is taking notes, as this could play for an interesting short-short story plot.

It'd be good to profit from my nighttime crazy thoughts.

It'd be good to profit from my nighttime crazy thoughts.
    Do it Hugo!

• Advertisement

Fathom wrote: »
    Do it Hugo!

I'll need help...

I'll need help...
    What kind?

What kind?

All kind.

All kind.
    Specifics? Examples?

Specifics? Examples?

Grammar and publishing contacts.

Grammar
    Can help.
    and publishing contacts.
    Write 1st.

Can help.

Write 1st.

Excellant!

Sorry for dragging the thread off topic. :o

I did have another strange dream last night. Been a cluster of them recently.

Excellant! Sorry for dragging the thread off topic. :o
    Me mod. Hugo OK. Chat on.
    I did have another strange dream last night. Been a cluster of them recently.
    Share! :cool:

Dream on! Lunch date. Laters!

Me mod. Hugo OK. Chat on.

Too kind! :)
    Share! :cool:

I shall write it up after pizza. :)

Dream on!

Lunch date. Laters!

Have fun! :)

• Advertisement

I shall write it up after pizza. :)
    Methinks that Hugo had a huge pizza and went sleepy-dreaming afterwards.

Methinks that Hugo had a huge pizza and went sleepy-dreaming afterwards.
    Figures.

Hangs head in forgetful shame. :o

In the dream, my older sister was suddenly living in a crappy ground floor apartment in Dublin's inner city. I was visiting her. She went to buy milk or something but came back with this sinister character. She asked me to pay him. I offered like €5 but he just laughed and wanted more money. I gave him more and more money but it just wasn't enough. As I panicked, he would laugh. Then it became clear that my sister would be the payment, if you understand me. I felt so helpless. Suddenly he was gone and I understood that I ended his life, although I don't remember it per se. A mostly upsetting dream but it redeemed itself in the end.

Spooky dream Hugo!

This cluster has been going on for about a week or more now. I wonder what causes it.

This cluster has been going on for about a week or more now. I wonder what causes it.
    Not sure what may be causing yours Hugo. Perhaps they were always there, but now that you are remembering and posting them, they are easier to recall?

Not sure what may be causing yours Hugo. Perhaps they were always there, but now that you are remembering and posting them, they are easier to recall?

Could be. I don't have a regular sleeping pattern. I tend to sleep like 4/5 hours on week nights and 10 or more on weekends. Could be part of it.

Could be. I don't have a regular sleeping pattern. I tend to sleep like 4/5 hours on week nights and 10 or more on weekends. Could be part of it.
    Alternative sleeping patterns may be the norm for a segment of the population, so your pattern would be normal for them. My patterns are alternative too, and have been for several years.

Alternative sleeping patterns may be the norm for a segment of the population, so your pattern would be normal for them. My patterns are alternative too, and have been for several years.

That's true I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

I don't know if this could be it, but I know that when I'm stressed, even if I'm not conscious of it, I get clusters of horrific dreams. Could you be lowkey stressed about something? I'm actually so bad at recognising my stress levels that back-to-back nights of bad dreams and bad posture are usually my flashing red siren for stress awareness.

Advertisement