Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clusters of upsetting dreams

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Black Swan wrote: »
    What dreams did you have Hugo?

Had two tsunami dreams. Typical huge tidal wave ones like in old movies. Similar to one I had before, I was tethered to people who, in my dream at least, were my family. Then suddenly it was like months later, and I was wondering about the nearby seaside town, which was without any damage, looking for them. The loss of my family in the dream, who were not my actual family from real life, was troubling. My search for them was oddly calm though, which was troubling in a different way, hard to explain.

Another dream was me being teased by kids. Their mother verbally reprimanded them though, which was nice.

Any more netbook dreams there, Bella?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Any more netbook dreams there, Bella?
    None since the last reported here thank the goddesses. I've never lost a netbook or laptop, but for some reason such a loss remains as an occasional nightmare theme. Although irrational, I never let my eyes wander from my netbook when in our locale javahouse.

None since the last reported here thank the goddesses. I've never lost a netbook or laptop, but for some reason such a loss remains as an occasional nightmare theme. Although irrational, I never let my eyes wander from my netbook when in our locale javahouse.

Good. Don't want anyone discovering the madness

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Dream. Bought 43" TV. Sale. Too large disputes roommate. Store won't take return. Vicious cycle. Nightmare!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

still having third wheel / feeling unwanted dreams. starting to wonder.

• Advertisement

Rejection in dreams suck. Sorry to hear that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Rejection in dreams suck. Sorry to hear that.
    Nightmares. Regards.

Repeated. Unresolved problems? Manifested in dreams. If resolved, would they end?

Fathom wrote: »
    Repeated. Unresolved problems? Manifested in dreams. If resolved, would they end?

In my experience, yes. Although it depends on the type of dream. Certain recurring dreams have stayed with me from childhood and I don't know what the root cause is so there's no way to resolve it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Certain recurring dreams have stayed with me from childhood and I don't know what the root cause is so there's no way to resolve it.
    I had one that began in childhood through teens and only resolved it during early adulthood. It had been based on a real childhood traumatic incident, and until resolved in the real world persisted as a recurring nightmare. Professional help may be a resource to solve such problems, then again there are alternatives that worked for me, and these nightmares have never returned.

• Advertisement

I had one that began in childhood through teens and only resolved it during early adulthood. It had been based on a real childhood traumatic incident, and until resolved in the real world persisted as a recurring nightmare. Professional help may be a resource to solve such problems, then again there are alternatives that worked for me, and these nightmares have never returned.

I don't mean to be nosy, could you say what alternatives helped you out. If you'd rather not, I totally understand.

I don't mean to be nosy, could you say what alternatives helped you out. If you'd rather not, I totally understand.
    As a child and teen I went through 2 shrinks with meds, and in my individual case the recurrent nightmares did not stop. My Da chatted with a former Taekwondo Olympian about my sleep problems, and enrolled me in TKD classes, which I took through my teens into adulthood. I eventually become an instructor of TKD and later another MA, and as this all happened over the years, the nightmares became less occurring, and eventually disappeared completely after my early 20's. This was anecdotal evidence for a case-of-one (me), so the TKD cure may be related in part (along with other factors), or be completely coincidental. Who knows?

I'm having a lot of racy dreams lately. If I could remember them properly I'd write them down and make a fortune in erotic book sales.
    My sleeping brain seems to be very skilled at inventing male characters.
    I'd like to know what's causing it. I'm not taking any medication, I don't drink and I don't eat cheese before bed!

I wouldn't say they're upsetting but they are recurrent so I thought they'd be fit for this thread.

I'm having a lot of racy dreams lately. If I could remember them properly I'd write them down and make a fortune in erotic book sales.
    My sleeping brain seems to be very skilled at inventing male characters.
    I'd like to know what's causing it. I'm not taking any medication, I don't drink and I don't eat cheese before bed!

I wouldn't say they're upsetting but they are recurrent so I thought they'd be fit for this thread.

I find when I have dreams like that, I'm super down in myself the following day or so. Like, your brain imagines up this person that you like, but he or she doesn't actually exist.

I find when I have dreams like that, I'm super down in myself the following day or so. Like, your brain imagines up this person that you like, but he or she doesn't actually exist.

That has happened, which is disappointing despite the fact that I'm not single and have no desire to do any cheating, but it's a big improvement on the third-wheel to other couples dream I kept having. I would wake up from them feeling extremely lonely.

Yes. Tell us more.

Don't exist?
    That has happened, which is disappointing despite the fact that I'm not single and have no desire to do any cheating, but it's a big improvement on the third-wheel to other couples dream I kept having. I would wake up from them feeling extremely lonely.
    Rarely lonely. Friends in my face. Being alone desired at times.

Yes. Tell us more.

Am I in trouble with another moderator?

Don't exist?

Rarely lonely. Friends in my face. Being alone desired at times.

I've always been like that. i mean desiring to be alone when people get in my face, even friends. I like people but being sociable drains me. Someone told me I wouldn't know lonely if it hit me in the face.
    That's why my dreams are bothering me. Are they trying to tell me something? :confused:

Don't exist?

Like that they're totally imagined. They're people you've never met or even seen in real life.

• Advertisement

Like that they're totally imagined. They're people you've never met or even seen in real life.

Unless they're in a parallel universe, multiverse thing. *Head explodes*

Unless they're in a parallel universe, multiverse thing. *Head explodes*

Oh don't get my brain cogs turning! :D

Am I in trouble with another moderator?
    Doubtful, as Fathom is very fun, flexible, and likes to play along. I know because she is my flatmate, and she has to put up with me.
    Swannie LOOKS in mirror, turns to Hugo and shakes head. There are over 3 billion females running about on the planet, and each exhibits individual differences, so do you think it might be wise to get out and do a bit more sampling of the population before writing them all off? Sure, there are silly and exasperating femme fatales like me, but I'm just one of the crazies at the lower end of the distribution. Still want that javadate with Fathom and me? Be careful what you ask for Hugo! :pac: :pac: :eek:

Doubtful, as Fathom is very fun, flexible, and likes to play along. I know because she is my flatmate, and she has to put up with me.

I just thought I'd check as I've made a habit of it

Swannie LOOKS in mirror, turns to Hugo and shakes head. There are over 3 billion females running about on the planet, and each exhibits individual differences, so do you think it might be wise to get out and do a bit more sampling of the population before writing them all off? Sure, there are silly and exasperating femme fatales like me, but I'm just one of the crazies at the lower end of the distribution. Still want that javadate with Fathom and me? Be careful what you ask for Hugo! :pac: :pac: :eek:

That post has Oh my!!! written all over it! :D

I just thought I'd check as I've made a habit of it

You really don't come across like that here. :)

You really don't come across like that here. :)

I forgot some rules

That post has Oh my!!! written all over it! :D
    Two sleeping walking nightmares?

Two sleeping walking nightmares?

Not a nightmare at all!

• Advertisement

Not a nightmare at all!
    Depends upon your POV and the sometimes shifting moods of your audience Hugo. Some of us wake up from our slumbers in a new day every day.

Advertisement