Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clusters of upsetting dreams

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

The dream then shifted to other random things, so it wasn't like I jumped awake or anything. I can't begin to figure out what this dream was about.
    The randomness of dreams appears typical most of the time, although there are exceptions too. Random indeed was my dream last night, where I found myself working at a previous job, with my former PI trying to micro-manage me (which I don't like), suddenly shifting to me picking up my flatmate at LAX (which actually happened yesterday), followed by swimming laps in our community pool.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Black Swan wrote: »
    suddenly shifting to me picking up my flatmate at LAX (which actually happened yesterday)
    Dream or nightmare? :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Fathom wrote: »
    Dream or nightmare? :D
    Days ago leaving LAX nightmare during protests, but returning dreamland by comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭GuessWhoEh

Jesus, that must have been a rollercoaster of a week there.

Tell me about it. Since he broke up with me, I haven't had a dream since, or that I can remember. I genuinely think dreams sometimes prepare you for things that could happen which is probably why I took the brake up a lot easier than I taught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

GuessWhoEh wrote: »
    Tell me about it. Since he broke up with me, I haven't had a dream since, or that I can remember. I genuinely think dreams sometimes prepare you for things that could happen which is probably why I took the brake up a lot easier than I taught.

*hugs*

Sorry to hear that.

Hopefully the dreams will return to you soon there. x

• Advertisement

GuessWhoEh wrote: »
    Wishing you good dreams.

Ever been dreaming and you were trying to wake up, but could not? Had one of those, struggling to wake, all the while dreaming such last night.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Ever been dreaming and you were trying to wake up, but could not? Had one of those, struggling to wake, all the while dreaming such last night.
    Yes. Frustrating. Recurrent.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Yes. I used to have spates of those ones. So exhausting.

Yes. I used to have spates of those ones. So exhausting.
    Still do today. Wonder why?

• Advertisement

I've had a spate of bad dreams the last few nights, but I'm finding it difficult to recall them entirely a few hours later.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Spending a lot of time the last few days feeling like I'm trying to fight to the surface, struggling to wake up.. There's been a lot of broken sleep and naps though which may explain some of that..

Spending a lot of time the last few days feeling like I'm trying to fight to the surface, struggling to wake up.. There's been a lot of broken sleep and naps though which may explain some of that..

Sorry to hear that, Grem.

I know that when I'm ill, my dreams can be insanely detailed, both good and bad.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It's fine really, it's part of the deal with some issues..

Still do today. Wonder why?

I've no idea what causes them. I know I used to drink a lot of coffee, and don't anymore, but at that time I didn't monitor whether the dreams happened on days when I'd drank coffee or a lot of coffee, so that might be completely unrelated. Hope they stop soon!

I've no idea what causes them. I know I used to drink a lot of coffee, and don't anymore, but at that time I didn't monitor whether the dreams happened on days when I'd drank coffee or a lot of coffee, so that might be completely unrelated. Hope they stop soon!
    Methinks dreams and their content can be related to diet, sleep patterns, stress, both positive and negative life occurrences, impressions from film, videos, reading, significant others, etc.

Methinks dreams and their content can be related to diet, sleep patterns, stress, both positive and negative life occurrences, impressions from film, videos, reading, significant others, etc.

An impossible tangle of possibilities..

Interesting combinations. To explore.

Interesting combinations. To explore.

I would imagine that is the case here. Also, I take some medication too, which I'm sure amplifies it even more.

So, last night! I had a dream that was a very unsettling initially but it turned out ok in the end.

I was sitting in the passenger seat of a car (the front seat on the left here, not on the right over in the good ol' US of A ;):pac:) that was being driven by my uncle. We were driving very fast along a winding country road when we saw that the road ahead was slightly flooded. It didn't look too deep so he decided to plow through it. When we did, the water instantly got deeper and quickly we descended under water. HUGE panic set in and I was going to open the door in order to try swim to the surface but my uncle, who was still accelerating, said something along the lines of "We're nearly through it now", and straight away the water level quickly dropped and we were back driving along the road again like nothing happened.

I would imagine that is the case here. Also, I take some medication too, which I'm sure amplifies it even more.

So, last night! I had a dream that was a very unsettling initially but it turned out ok in the end.

I was sitting in the passenger seat of a car (the front seat on the left here, not on the right over in the good ol' US of A ;):pac:) that was being driven by my uncle. We were driving very fast along a winding country road when we saw that the road ahead was slightly flooded. It didn't look too deep so he decided to plow through it. When we did, the water instantly got deeper and quickly we descended under water. HUGE panic set in and I was going to open the door in order to try swim to the surface but my uncle, who was still accelerating, said something along the lines of "We're nearly through it now", and straight away the water level quickly dropped and we were back driving along the road again like nothing happened.

Wow. Mine were watery flood dreams too. The countryside was epically flooded where I live here. I mean apocalyptically flooded. We had to swim everywhere.

• Advertisement

Wow. Mine were watery flood dreams too. The countryside was epically flooded where I live here. I mean apocalyptically flooded. We had to swim everywhere.

Are you and I linked through our dreams?! :eek:

Had some crazy ass dreams last night, definitely due to new drugs in system.. Very angry dreams and very restless night.

Had some crazy ass dreams last night, definitely due to new drugs in system.. Very angry dreams and very restless night.

Sorry to hear that, G. Hopefully they'll go away once your body gets used to the new meds.

Won't be on them too long i hope, it was ok just kinda tiring.. Sleep has been all over the place lately of course

Won't be on them too long i hope, it was ok just kinda tiring.. Sleep has been all over the place lately of course

A few years back, on different meds, I don't really recall being able to remember my dreams at all.

A few years back, on different meds, I don't really recall being able to remember my dreams at all.

I have heard that happens when people take sleeping tablets. I've never taken them so I can't confirm..

We were driving very fast along a winding country road when we saw that the road ahead was slightly flooded. It didn't look too deep so he decided to plow through it. When we did, the water instantly got deeper and quickly we descended under water. HUGE panic set in and I was going to open the door in order to try swim to the surface but my uncle, who was still accelerating, said something along the lines of "We're nearly through it now", and straight away the water level quickly dropped and we were back driving along the road again like nothing happened.

I've had a flooding dream too since all the rain that So Cal has had recently. Was crossing the nearby animal sanctuary and flood control and it overflowed, taking the car we were in with it. Oddly the next scene had us sunbathing on the beach after going for a swim. A disconnected dream.

Crazy dreams? Get well soon Grem.

I've had a flooding dream too since all the rain that So Cal has had recently. Was crossing the nearby animal sanctuary and flood control and it overflowed, taking the car we were in with it. Oddly the next scene had us sunbathing on the beach after going for a swim. A disconnected dream.
    That's how my car got wet! :pac:

• Advertisement

I was able to snap myself back in the waking world from a somewhat distressing dream last night.

Advertisement