Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clusters of upsetting dreams

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Black Swan wrote: »
    I've had a flooding dream too since all the rain that So Cal has had recently. Was crossing the nearby animal sanctuary and flood control and it overflowed, taking the car we were in with it. Oddly the next scene had us sunbathing on the beach after going for a swim. A disconnected dream.

Isn't that scandal around the damn or related structure that's fallen into disrepair, happening in California?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Isn't that scandal around the damn or related structure that's fallen into disrepair, happening in California?
    Northern California above Sacramento, where they may have gotten lazy during the past 6 years of drought. With the predicted record setting heavy rains Friday-Saturday, it may be a nightmare in the making.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Dam! Oh my God! I wrote Damn :D

I just came in to write about my latest dream but it's been fading rapidly all morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Dam! Oh my God! I wrote Damn :D

I just came in to write about my latest dream but it's been fading rapidly all morning.

I hate it when that happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I had a bad dream earlier this morning. Tbh it wasnt even that bad but felt bad in the dream. I'd started a new job and I made a big mistake.

Anyway last night I fell asleep at about 10pm and the odd night I wake sometime around 2 or 3.

It always takes me time to fall asleep so when i do wake in the middle of the night, it takes about an hour for me to get back to sleep. This doesn't bother me mostly but sometimes i worry that I won't get back to sleep to get a decent few hours before the alarm goes off.

I think when this happens and I go into the second sleep, that's often when I have a nightmare.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Lorelli! wrote: »
    I think when this happens and I go into the second sleep, that's often when I have a nightmare.
    I wake up sometimes at night, having dreamed during the first sleep followed by a dream during the second sleep. This happened last night. Both were nightmares, and methinks that they were triggered by a stressful decision I have to make at work in the next couple of days. Hans Selye differentiates between distress and eustress, the first being harmful and the second useful in that it gets you up in the morning and to accept challenges positively. Perhaps distress is associated with nightmares, and eustress associated with fun and enjoyable dreams?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I wake up sometimes at night, having dreamed during the first sleep followed by a dream during the second sleep. This happened last night. Both were nightmares, and methinks that they were triggered by a stressful decision I have to make at work in the next couple of days. Hans Selye differentiates between distress and eustress, the first being harmful and the second useful in that it gets you up in the morning and to accept challenges positively. Perhaps distress is associated with nightmares, and eustress associated with fun and enjoyable dreams?

I dont know and tbh ive never really put that much thought into dreams but since i posted in here, i was thinking a bit more about it and although my dream last night was a nightmare, after the initial bad feeling when i woke, i noticed that i was very productive and positive today in general.

I had a dream last night that I made a huge mistake in work. Really put me on edge coming in here today.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,206 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Lorelli! wrote: »
    I wake up sometimes at night, having dreamed during the first sleep followed by a dream during the second sleep. This happened last night.
    Recurrent dreams. Same night. 2 or more. Frequency?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,206 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

I was able to snap myself back in the waking world from a somewhat distressing dream last night.
    Was snapping back part of dream?

• Advertisement

Diary dreams? Or forget.

Fathom wrote: »
    Was snapping back part of dream?

I can't even remember anymore, sorry. :o

Had a strange dream last night.

Before I get to the dream itself, I need to set my mind beforehand. In work yesterday, my old boss was onto me to do something. When I came home, I watched an episode of Impractical Jokers. In the episode, Murray had to talk to a bunch of kids about cremating pets. He showed them ashes and bones etc.

Now onto my dream. My previously mentioned boss was onto me about emptying an ashtray full of teeth and ash. I was really busy so I put it off for a while. I finally emptied it but didn't clean out all the ashy dust. I went elsewhere in work and when I returned I saw my boss inspecting my poor job of emptying the ashtray. He didn't look happy and was angrily muttering his distain. I felt very disappointed in myself and was scared that he'd take out his anger on me.

Hard day at work. Took a nap once back at my flat. Was dreaming that I was dreaming. Anyone had one of these?

Hard day at work. Took a nap once back at my flat. Was dreaming that I was dreaming. Anyone had one of these?
    Frequently.

In the episode, Murray had to talk to a bunch of kids about cremating pets. He showed them ashes and bones etc.

Now onto my dream. My previously mentioned boss was onto me about emptying an ashtray full of teeth and ash.
    Look out Edgar Allan Poe, we have Hugo nightmares, if written would compete indeed.

Look out Edgar Allan Poe, we have Hugo nightmares, if written would compete indeed.

Don't go inflating my ego!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Haven't been able to remember any of my dreams recently only that they were pleasant.
    I generally like to forget the bad ones as soon as possible.
    My previously mentioned boss was onto me about emptying an ashtray full of teeth and ash.
    Jesus Hugo that is awful. Nobody should have to dream about being at work. :pac:

Haven't been able to remember any of my dreams recently only that they were pleasant.
    I generally like to forget the bad ones as soon as possible.
    Swannie straps jumper to a chair, turns on blinding lights, and threatens him with a long whip-like spaghetti noodle: "Talk jumper! Talk! (or rather POST!)" :eek:
    Nobody should have to dream about being at work. :pac:
    I actually like my new post that started last Autumn. It's a dream come true and not a nightmare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭GuessWhoEh

I had a dream last night that I was pregnant and I could feel the baby. It's little hands was sticking out of my skin and I had to pull it out. Then I woke up. Weird

Don't go inflating my ego!
    More dreams Hugo?

• Advertisement

Post here aaron. Helps memory.

GuessWhoEh wrote: »
    I had a dream last night that I was pregnant and I could feel the baby. It's little hands was sticking out of my skin and I had to pull it out. Then I woke up. Weird
    Pregnant dreams? First time? Or frequent?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Recent stresses = recent nightmares
    Teeth breaking apart in my mouth, not just falling out but choking me..

Recent stresses = recent nightmares Teeth breaking apart in my mouth, not just falling out but choking me..
    Interpretation? Don't have foggiest.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Teeth falling out is a common enough theme with people under stress, i've had it before..

Teeth falling out is a common enough theme with people under stress, i've had it before..
    Stress and nightmares. That fits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭GuessWhoEh

Pregnant dreams? First time? Or frequent?

I'm always having pregnacy dreams. The majority of my dreams is either carrying a child or walking around with a child

More dreams Hugo?

I couldn't remember my dreams this week. :o

GuessWhoEh wrote: »
    I'm always having pregnacy dreams. The majority of my dreams is either carrying a child or walking around with a child
    I'm glad I don't have such dreams, rather in a few years they may occur.

• Advertisement

I couldn't remember my dreams this week. :o
    Either that, or they were really grand and Hugo might be reluctant to share? ;)

Advertisement