Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beautify me! In search of...

Options
  • 10-10-2016 8:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

I'm in desperate search of a new make up. For the last couple of years I've been using Lauder Double Wear but really want a change. I've relatively clear skin so probably don't need such a heavy coverage. I have dry skin and as I'm coming from double wear maybe a medium coverage.

I'd love recommendations for less expensive ranges too.

I also need a primer, concealer (under eyes) and a mascara for sensitive eyes (for every day use).

Again, less expensive suggestions very welcome. Thanks a mill!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

I have a Catrice foundation that I love! I think its called photo finish 18hour foundation.. Like you I don't need heavy coverage but it has a good medium coverage and very cheap (compared to EL anyways - which I also have!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I love bourjois healthy mix serum, beautiful medium coverage foundation.

Maybelline baby skin is a lovely primer.

Catrice do fantastic concealers and NYX for concealers and correctors.

Can't recommend a mascara, I use benefit roller lash, love the stuff but it's pricier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

happydayz8 wrote: »
    I'd love recommendations for less expensive ranges too.

I also need a primer, concealer (under eyes) and a mascara for sensitive eyes (for every day use).

Again, less expensive suggestions very welcome. Thanks a mill!

Seriously find a Catrice stand and raid it, my make up drawer looks like I have! Most days for my work makeup:
    Foundation - Nude Illusion or HD coverage
    Concealer - Liquid camouflage concealer
    Mascara - Glam & Doll false lash mascara (lilac one)
    Primer - I used to use the one in the white tube (currently going between a Flormar one and the Maybeline baby skin)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭happydayz8

it seems that my local pharmacy stocks Catrice (never been in there so will go check it out). Thanks for all the tips I didn't know where to start!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Seventeen do a good foundation similar to double wear. Can't remember what it's called but the beautiful truth reviewed it if you want to have a look.
    Actually her blog is a good place to start for reviews of reasonably priced stuff though she's a lover of high end stuff too!

Sleek is great for cheaper blush and eyeshadows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Collection in boots have brilliant concealer! I have the nars one and find the collection one much much better!
    have fun shopping!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

If you still have some Double Wear left, try mixing half a pump of serum with it for a more natural, lighter finish. Still medium to full coverage but not too heavy or mask-like.
    The serum I'm currently using (only since yesterday in fairness!) is the one in the special buys at Aldi with gold powder in it. It's only €10 and I really like it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Maybelline Super Stay 24 is a great dupe for Double Wear as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Shinbin223

I second the poster up there who rates Catrice very highly. They have a new HD foundation out and I rate it ahead of some higher end foundations. It has really good coverage and photographs so well. I think it's about €8 or €9.
    Catrice also have a lovely bronzer, think it's called mineralize and it's great for the price. Their mascara Glam and Doll (I think) in a purple tube is one of the best I've tried. Go try some Catrice stuff before buying high end as the quality is great for the price you're paying!

Advertisement