Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lexus IS 300h

• 10-10-2016 12:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi all,

Anyone on here have Lexus IS 300h (f-sport model)or know anyone with one?

Looking to upgrade from my Avensis (diesel) and love the look of the 300h.

I have a 126km round trip weekdays and could be in Galway once a month. Weekend driving depends really.

I haven't test drove the 300h yet but hope to soon.

Am I better off with a diesel or would a hybrid make sense?

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/lexus/is-2013 MPG is important for me but I'd like to get back to a petrol.

Any help would be great :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,702 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Hi all,

Anyone on here have Lexus IS 300h (f-sport model)or know anyone with one?

Looking to upgrade from my Avensis (diesel) and love the look of the 300h.

I have a 126km round trip weekdays and could be in Galway once a month. Weekend driving depends really.

I haven't test drove the 300h yet but hope to soon.

Am I better off with a diesel or would a hybrid make sense?

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/lexus/is-2013 MPG is important for me but I'd like to get back to a petrol.

Any help would be great :)

Presuming the 126km round trip is mainly high (100km/h +) speed motorway, then you are still better off with a diesel.

Haven't really driven an IS300h for any length of time, but did collect an RC300h (same engine as the IS) for a customer and did about 130km's in it. Fuel consumption was around 6 L/100 km's, which is pretty poor - N4, M50, M1 rather than town usage.

They also feel pretty slow due to the CVT gearbox. Nice and relaxing, but no real urgency when you put the foot down. Not slow, but feels slow (in the opposite way to a diesel - feels fast, but isn't).

I've been driving a Prius for a couple of weeks (124km round trip to the office) and I'm still at 3.8L/100km overall consumption. While that sounds very good, with the additional cost of petrol over diesel, it's still not quite as good as a modern diesel would be on the same journeys - not far off though, and it is very relaxing to drive as you aren't expecting any sort of performance from it (especially in eco mode). Helps that it's got all the toys so the Auto Cruise Control is driving me to and from the office most of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭BobBobBobBob

Thanks for the detailed reply.

Yeah 100km/h + most of the way, I'll definitely have a test drive soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

R.O.R wrote: »
    Presuming the 126km round trip is mainly high (100km/h +) speed motorway, then you are still better off with a diesel.

Haven't really driven an IS300h for any length of time, but did collect an RC300h (same engine as the IS) for a customer and did about 130km's in it. Fuel consumption was around 6 L/100 km's, which is pretty poor - N4, M50, M1 rather than town usage.

It is shockingly bad - more than my ten year old Prius was doing...

Have in mind that it is an indicated efficiency, every car exaggerates a bit. Prius claimed it burned more than it actually did - maybe that's the same story here?
    They also feel pretty slow due to the CVT gearbox. Nice and relaxing, but no real urgency when you put the foot down. Not slow, but feels slow (in the opposite way to a diesel - feels fast, but isn't).

That's the thing - they feel slow. Anyway, don't they have the S driving mode, that mimics the sequential gearbox?

Anyway, in is not for 2017 - but the duty on diesel will eventually go up... I would not buy a diesel car today...

Advertisement