Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fcuking annoying automated bird call

• 10-10-2016 12:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,548 ✭✭✭✭

Factory building across the way from my office have installed this bloody annoying bird call thing that sounds off every 8 mins or so.

Sounds like a very noisy seagull or something.

I assume it's to scare off pigeons?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

:pac: :pac: This is the greatest thread title ever in API.

Yeah it's to scare birds away. The big Tescos we go to has one to keep birds (starlings I think?) from flying around inside and pooping on everything as well as assorted fake birds of prey outside!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,548 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Thanks.
    It's head-wrecking. There it goes again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

tk123 wrote: »
    :pac: :pac: This is the greatest thread title ever in API.

Yeah it's to scare birds away. The big Tescos we go to has one to keep birds (starlings I think?) from flying around inside and pooping on everything as well as assorted fake birds of prey outside!

I think we go to the same Tesco's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Ms Doubtfire1

:D:D:D sorry I had to laugh, i totally get you. Don't think there's anything you can do about it.rest assured though, over time (usually a week or 2) you will be completely used to it and not even hear it anymore..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

:D:D:D sorry I had to laugh, i totally get you. Don't think there's anything you can do about it.rest assured though, over time (usually a week or 2) you will be completely used to it and not even hear it anymore..

Oh no - its its bad you can write to the manager & complain & follow up if nothing is done. Then you take a case to your local district court - standard procedure - the girl in the officd will send you out a noise complaint form, it costs e20 for the case to be heard, you don't use a solicitor & the judge rules agsinst them & tells fhem to turn the noise down/off. The gaurds may have a firm too - there is z magic formula phrase uou have to use which is the Act & Section quoted on the form & that it is dusruptive & ruining your enjoyment of your house. And you have to have told the person/shop & tried to negotiate with them first & have been reasonable.

Btw did you know starlings are actually now on the Irish endangered bird list ?? loss of habitat etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Btw did you know starlings are actually now on the Irish endangered bird list ?? loss of habitat etc.

Really?
    I think they all must have moved to Kilkenny, we get daily visits in work of loads of them having a wash in the guttering on our porch.
    We often looked out and thought it was raining, I swear they take turns in groups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Thanks.
    It's head-wrecking. There it goes again.

Have some more whiskey:D. You'll be immune to that noise in no time.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Those noises are played in the square in Tallaght too, where they take deliveries

Advertisement