Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using 2 phone numbers on iphone 6?

Options
  • 10-10-2016 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Due work i received an iphone 6s now which leaves me with 2 smartphones...this is a bit akward tbh to carry both phones around.

I tried find a solution via google but nothing too helpful came up.
    Im wondering if i somehow can use my personal+work nr through one phone?

Did anyone ever try that and if yes is it working ok or dodgy?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

A dual-sim phone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,791 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You could forward the calls from one sim to the other, this will handle the calls but not the texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Be very careful about forwarding business calls/text/email or anything business related may be against the T&C's you signed when you joined with the company and could really land you in hot water.

I carry a 6S from work and a 7 Plus myself. 7 Plus gets its own pocket, the 6S is lumped in with my keys and wallet in the other. 6S is then left at home on weekends.

The whole point they gave you a work phone is so that you can do business functions on it and that they have access to the phone in case it gets lost/stolen and that it's contained to a single remote wipeable device. Same can't be said if you were to somehow just use your personal device for business functions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

You could forward the calls from one sim to the other, this will handle the calls but not the texts.

I did this in the past, forwarding personal calls to work mobile. I didn't do the reverse, as Creamy Goodness (what a username!) say - can be fraught with issues with IT policies etc...

I did use my personal Apple ID with the work mobile - worked fine. All work mail was handled through the Exchange account on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

Dardania wrote: »
    I did this in the past, forwarding personal calls to work mobile. I didn't do the reverse, as Creamy Goodness (what a username!) say - can be fraught with issues with IT policies etc...

I did use my personal Apple ID with the work mobile - worked fine. All work mail was handled through the Exchange account on the phone.

I was thinking of that as well but what if i wanna call or reply through my personal phone nr tho?

I would basically use the work phone due the policy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

eamonnq wrote: »
    A dual-sim phone ?

Would that work with two different networks tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

celica00 wrote: »
    Would that work with two different networks tho?

Yes - I use a dual SIM phone when travelling for work and each SIM can connect to a different network. It's a shame the iPhone doesn't have dual sim as it's very useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Dermoth

BigMoose wrote: »
    Yes - I use a dual SIM phone when travelling for work and each SIM can connect to a different network. It's a shame the iPhone doesn't have dual sim as it's very useful.

How about this?
    http://www.thumbsupuk.com/Products/Dual_SIM_Card_Case_for_iPhone_6

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

celica00 wrote: »

I was thinking of that as well but what if i wanna call or reply through my personal phone nr tho?

I would basically use the work phone due the policy.

I basically told personal people to expect reponse from work number. Also, iMessage helps with maintaining consistency of contact with other Apple users.

It's certainly an option for those wanting to keep using the iPhone. The good thing with my dual SIM phone is both work at once. You can set the data connection to either SIM, so when travelling, I have the local one using data and my Irish one for voice/texts etc. Outgoing calls, you can chose which it uses. I do miss my iPhone6+ though while travelling.

• Advertisement

Also, iMessage helps with maintaining consistency of contact with other Apple users.

That is the one major pain with swapping my iphone for a dual sim phone while travelling, iMessage stops working and friends with iPhones get confused when messages dont get delivered or they get sent as an SMS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Dermoth wrote: »

Does the iPhone allow "hot swapping"? Or would you still have to power down each time?
    If the latter, then it's not much of a convenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

Get a oneplus 3, problem solved.

Advertisement