Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long for offer to be accepted

Options
  • 10-10-2016 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

How long would be reasonable to wait for feedback on an offer?

Put in offer 10 days ago, spoke with EA, He is waiting for the owners to revert back to him.

I would have thought previously it would be straight yes or no.

Not bank property, no debt owed on property.

Hate this waiting crack

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭McGrath5

How long is a piece of string?

10 days is pushing it though, would be no harm to let the EA know you are interested in other properties so the vendors can come back with an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

McGrath5 wrote: »
    How long is a piece of string?

10 days is pushing it though, would be no harm to let the EA know you are interested in other properties so the vendors can come back with an answer.

Id agree. Let him know your bidding on other properties and you would like an answer by the end of the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

how long is it on the market ? If just on, they may want to leave it on a few weeks before accepting an offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭TENHNY

maximum12

About two months

• Registered Users Posts: 16 VickyPollard

If your offer is below the asking price and the vendor isn't in any rush to sell, they will probably hold out for a higher offer....at which point you and the other are expected to start outbidding each other...as the vendor and EA rub their hands with glee!
    Happened my husband and I, but we couldn't keep bidding and missed that house..I agree with previous poster though, tell EA you have offer on another property and its really a case of which offer is accepted first. happened us (on another house) and our offer was accepted, yay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭iainBB

Do not give them an open ended offer, give them 48 hours to accept to reject the offer. No contact means rejection,

if you give them an open ended offer the use it to push the price up.

Advertisement