Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fuel prices.

• 10-10-2016 2:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭

I see the garages are capitalising on the budget already. Petrol and diesel gone up about 5c p/l and the budget is not until tomorrow and probably won't go up anyway. Gouging bastards.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

I did notice that the price of diesel seems to have gone up a few cent in all the garages.

The funny thing is that it actually went down to €1.12 per litre in my local Applegreen though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

I see the garages are capitalising on the budget already. Petrol and diesel gone up about 5c p/l and the budget is not until tomorrow and probably won't go up anyway. Gouging bastards.

Wholesale fuel prices on the markets have gone up approx 6 cents this week. Nothing to do with the budget just market movements

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Fattes wrote: »
    Wholesale fuel prices on the markets have gone up approx 6 cents this week. Nothing to do with the budget just market movements

I know it's not the budget. Still think I it's price gouging

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

What do you think they should do?

Average garage makes approx 1cent per litre on fuel! Hardly a massive profit margin, price of a product goes up somebody has to pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Fattes wrote: »
    Average garage makes approx 1cent per litre on fuel! Hardly a massive profit margin, price of a product goes up somebody has to pay.

A friend owns a petrol station, and he makes 3c/l.
    But if you use a DCI card, he gets 2c/l

In other (good) news, petrol and diesel seem to have been left untouched.
    Unless there is some hidden increase somewhere else, i.e. carbon tax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Posted in a thread on the Wexford forum that diesel in one of my local places went to 121.9 today.I was told that the wholesaler charged them 117.9 per litre with their delivery yesterday even though the driver said that other places he delivered to up the country get it at a much cheaper rate and charge an average of 9c less per litre.
    It's 112.9 in Tesco and a few others in Wexford and 113.9 in Wexford Oil's depot in Enniscorthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The price of oil has risen the last couple of weeks, also lots of the petrol and diesel we import is processed in the UK, likely to add a few cents on.

mikeecho wrote: »
    A friend owns a petrol station, and he makes 3c/l.
    But if you use a DCI card, he gets 2c/l

In other (good) news, petrol and diesel seem to have been left untouched.
    Unless there is some hidden increase somewhere else, i.e. carbon tax.

We are currently at 1.148 Per litre here, the average station is the important part. Tesco use Fuel as a loss leader, so it's not really a good comparison to your normal garage.

As for Fuel cards, it can be anything from 1c per litre to 4 per litre, depending on the garage, the fuel card and the fuel provider.

But if you are talking cents per litre, each cent has to go towards, paying staff, site maintenance, annual certification and validation of equipment, and obviously infrastructure costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

I was filling up at the M11 service station near Ashford/where the N11 becomes M11 and I was casually putting in Diesel and looked at the pump and it said 130.8 and I immeditaley stopped as I thought I must be putting Petrol in. I realised it was Diesel then and continued. During the summer I filled up numerous times for under 1 euro a litre!

• Advertisement

MuddyDog wrote: »
    I was filling up at the M11 service station near Ashford/where the N11 becomes M11 and I was casually putting in Diesel and looked at the pump and it said 130.8 and I immeditaley stopped as I thought I must be putting Petrol in. I realised it was Diesel then and continued. During the summer I filled up numerous times for under 1 euro a litre!

Saw petrol at 1.40 this evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

MuddyDog wrote: »
    . During the summer I filled up numerous times for under 1 euro a litre!

During the 90's I often filled up for less than 50p/l

Since then, extra taxes, extra bio content, higher oil prices per barrel.

Since you've filled up in the summer, oil has gone up, bio content has increased (bio is more expensive, and also attracts the 23%vat)

And motorway services are notoriously expensive the world over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭mayota

Big difference in diesel prices around the country. Best I've seen is 115.9 around Ballina.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,344 ✭✭✭markpb

mayota wrote: »
    Big difference in diesel prices around the country. Best I've seen is 115.9 around Ballina.

I paid 111.1 for diesel in Esso near M50-J11 a few days ago. They reduce their prices at night apparently. Nearly crashed the car trying to get back to it when I saw the price!!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Pamela Landy

What a difference in a short distance. I passed (happily) Applegreen just after J15 on the M1 and UL was 150.8p per L. In Top on the Newry Road, Dundalk unleaded is 135.8p and diesel is 129.8.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

€1.42 for diesel in Midleton this morning, including the unmanned TOP station.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement